Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet
Name: Skynet
Race: Giant super computer.

New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Empty
PostSubject: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Aeonis: God of time.

Spells:
Time stopper: Stops time for two seconds, the user slows down for two seconds after use age.
Reflexes of light: The uses has arrow catching reflexes, after use age, the user collapses, for every two seconds used, they go into a coma for a day each two seconds.(but do not die of hunger, need for air, and things like that, although, they can be slain.).
Renew: Renews youth, can undo death. When used on a living thing, said living thing will lose all abilities(Like fireballs and swordplay) learned in the years that have not happened yet, Example: Old guy uses the spell on himself, he goes to age 20 or something, any abilities he learned after age 20(since he is now 20), cannot be remembered, however, if he were to age back to the age(lets say he learned swordplay at age 21), the knowledge would suddenly pop back. For death, the creature it's used on FORGETS everything, except essentials(like talking, wiping its ass, and breathing, the unlucky joe to cast the spell on the thing loses 5-20 years off their life.). The spell can be self cast(The spell is fire and forget, once you use it, it will keep working until you get the results you wanted.), or casted on someone else(You will age half a year for every year reversed, and receive all the emotions, in one blast, that the person felt in the years you reversed, while entering a two day long coma after the spell.).
See time: You can see the future, or the past, your choice, note that you can only see it through the eyes of a person who experienced it, and after this is completed, **Insert your con for using the spell here**.(the con for using thing I would like an admin to pop something into, I can't seem to think of anything.)

Special drink!: Life brew: Drinking this will make you live forever(Although you're still kill able), if three gods favor your past actions. you live forever, if not, you age to mere moments before your death, the ingredients are also dangerously hard to come across, and the only known man who made the drink, the first, and currently the only one to have been made, drank it, and died.

So, you like? Also, I can't seem to find a suggestion box for deities.
Oh, and pic:
New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Aeonis
Alignment: Indifferent
You hear a soft humming sound as you approach the ball of swirling colors, like a mist. You shout a greeting, and what would appear to be a face turns to look at you, and in a tone that appears to be voices of all who have ever lived, and all who ever will, it says "Hello, and welcome to the end of time".

You likes?

Delete this thread.

Last edited by Koliup on Sat May 30, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:02 pm

A tiny bit unbalanced?
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Location : Walling myself off from civilization, while re-living my horrible life.

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Kruggly wrote:
A tiny bit unbalanced?
Which part?
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Added WIP, now, feel free to counter suggest and shit.
EDIT: Alright, changed some stuff, I feel better about the suggestion now.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Kruggly wrote:
A tiny bit unbalanced?

Well, it is a god...

Gods shouldn't really be RPed anyway, in my opinion. I think this would make a fine addition to the list of gods, however.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:49 pm

I'd think those spells would be used by the WORSHIPPERS, not the God/Ball itself.

That said, I think the ability to manipulate time opens up alot of over powered possibilities
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 8:56 pm

Pat wrote:
I'd think those spells would be used by the WORSHIPPERS, not the God/Ball itself.

That said, I think the ability to manipulate time opens up alot of over powered possibilities
1. Yeah, that's what I was talkin about.
2. Do suggest stuff, I am listenings.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:17 pm

No. Here's why:

Time is everything and nothing. Time is neutrality. Time is everywhere and yet nowhere. Time does not have an essence of control. It controls itself.

Therefore, there can be no god of time.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:19 pm

You can still alter people's perception of time.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:25 pm

GeoWulf wrote:
No. Here's why:

Time is everything and nothing. Time is neutrality. Time is everywhere and yet nowhere. Time does not have an essence of control. It controls itself.

The lore is more flexible than that. One could say the gods exist outside of time, which is why they're immortal. When Ao created the universe, surely he too must have created time.

Of course, introducing time manipulation into the RP is a road to ruin. We'd get things like "I went back in time and killed your grandfather, kthxbai" or Za Warudo being made possible IC. And for that reason I've changed my mind. It's a good idea, but would just lead to powerplay and horrible confusion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:31 pm

GeoWulf wrote:
No. Here's why:

/rant: Agreed, time, in a sense, is quite possibly the most powerful thing you can imagine. What every game and show featuring time travel FAILS to show is that if you fuck up, hell, if you change ANYTHING, it WILL either result in a time-paradox which destroys everything, or a time-correcting event which blanks the time-traveler from history, leaving his/her role in time blank, creating a time-paradox anyways.

You DON'T fuck with time. It's impossible to even fathom what time can, (or logically, cannot) do. /endrant
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:38 pm

K...
Uhm, well, I don't think time travel would be possible, the sheer power required to do so would probably require someone to be a god, but then we have the ego put in...
Uh...
Alright.
We can pop the spells and shit, lore god maybe?
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Time stop wouldn't per say, "stop" time. Just stops everything in the area.

Either way, we can't have a god of time. It's the most neutral element and thus is to be left uncontrolled. I'm talking about ICly here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:22 pm

If it's -that- neutral, then shouldn't it fall under Ao's control? (since he is the embodiment of neutrality as the
OverGod)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 5:26 am

Everyone has put on their intelligent lingo and brought their philosophy textbooks. I, however, am going to bring the red rain of Communist opinions.

These abilities are overpowered. Time cannot be controlled because that's a stupid idea. What're you, a Yu-Gi-Oh fag?

Change it with some more severe cons, if this is going to actually work. Comas just don't cut it. Come back from the dead and then just witness a load of emotions? That's not a con.

And if you're going to get accepted, I suggest a con for this should be as you look into the past and future for longer, you get more colour blind, and you start to lose your vision.

This special drink might be abused by being accquired through OOC favouritism, causing the popular member's character to live forever.

Maybe make it that the longer you go into a coma, the more your mind becomes weak. So if someone attempted to powergame, they'd probably go into a coma multiple times. After that, they would be EXTREMELY weak to attacks from the mind?
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 8:18 am

Richard Crimson wrote:
If it's -that- neutral, then shouldn't it fall under Ao's control? (since he is the embodiment of neutrality as the
OverGod)

Precisely.

So in a nutshell we don't need a god of time.
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:21 pm

Koliup wrote:

We can pop the spells and shit, lore god maybe?
Jackb537 wrote:
-Rant about spells, please, read my posts-
Geo has established this is not going to be going anywhere.
Two posts above yours.
Anyway, even thought this failed dearly, may I get a congratulations for attempting to add stuff to the community?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:24 pm

Lawlz,
Congratulations of attempting to add stuff into the community.
Can I have the same congratulations as well Koliup Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:29 pm

You don't ask for congratulations, Drakeson. Rolling Eyes

Atleast Koluip's addition actually had purpose, and made a little sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:33 pm

Well, I do have to say mine had purpose?

Oh well whatever that's your opinion
Back to top Go down
Koliup

Koliup

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:39 pm

Thank you.
Now, I would either like this deleted, or locked.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:58 pm

inb4lok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:59 pm

inb4 lock!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:01 pm

New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Inbeforelock
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:02 pm

That scene was so overrated. The door was actually really slow yet he made it look dramatic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]   New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New god, god of time.[This has been been, in a nutshell, denied.]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next