Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Economy (No more fake monies)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Player Economy (No more fake monies) Empty
PostSubject: Player Economy (No more fake monies)   Player Economy (No more fake monies) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:28 pm

I propose that we start using physical cash to buy things.

Food, water, clothing, AMMUNITION...

Currently, nobody even buys things, it is all applied for. Maybe we can get a hunger mod going so we have to harvest/buy food to survive.

I'll add more later.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Player Economy (No more fake monies)   Player Economy (No more fake monies) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:49 pm

NOOO HUNGER MOD NO NO NO
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Player Economy (No more fake monies)   Player Economy (No more fake monies) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:58 pm

Uberman7788 wrote:
I propose that we start using physical cash to buy things.

Food, water, clothing, AMMUNITION...

Currently, nobody even buys things, it is all applied for. Maybe we can get a hunger mod going so we have to harvest/buy food to survive.

I'll add more later.

Terrible idea.

Lemme explain you why RP shouldn't have an economy. In a basic economy, there's demand and offer. For there to be offer, there must be some sort of manufacturing. Manufacturing, unless it is RPed, actually requires more stuff from the map, and from the script, and add alot of complex shit nobody needs or wants to do.

As for offer. Demand has to be RPed too, since NOBODY like to RP hunger, and nobody likes hungermod either. There's also no SWEPs of any sort that would make item buying actually worth it.

And not only that, but no one can employ anyone unless said person gets ridiculous amounts of cash to give everyone, and in that case it would never self sustain.

One of the things I like the most about Olden is precisely this, not having an economy. That way EVERYONE can just focus on RPing than money whoring.

Also, isn't that capitalist ideas against the communism you don't ever miss a chance to mention?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Economy (No more fake monies)   Player Economy (No more fake monies) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:07 pm

I was joking about Economy of Great Motherland.

But meh, I was thinking it would be more immersive to actually have jobs instead of everybody being some mystic warrior.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Player Economy (No more fake monies)   Player Economy (No more fake monies) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:10 pm

fantasy roleplay.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Economy (No more fake monies)   Player Economy (No more fake monies) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Economy (No more fake monies)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: Recommendations-
Jump to: