Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Humbucker

Humbucker

Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Empty
PostSubject: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:57 pm

*NOTE*: Geo allowed me to apply for it. However, I'm aware that it doesn't necessarily mean I'll get it. Also, I canceled the crossbow application for this one.

*ATTENTION*: All names such as Mauser K98k, are OOC and I only put it there so you could picture how it is.

-Character Name: Kolmar Gallien

-Abilities your character(s) have: Stealth, and accurate shooting and perception. (Not magic, but trained Vision and Listening)

-Imbued items your character(s) have: "The Dawn", is the Kolmar's Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz. It received this name because Kolmar used to train at the early morning, and it shined amazingly as the sun rised. It's a bolt action rifle, suitable for long range. Uses 7.92x57mm Mauser ammunition.

Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Ger_k98

-He will obtain it ICly(if accepted) by crafting it with materials bought from The Trader. (Refer to my character background for more info). As a weapon engineer, Kolmar designed the rifle based on the structure of other carabines. (not the Wehrmacht, before you ask.) Those materials won't be cheap - It'll cost at least 300 gold from Kolmar.

-Why am I applying to this weapon? Because Kolmar is a member of the Talibarian guardsmen, and I'm trying to do something new in the guard, as a marksman.

Pros:

-It's very accurate and deadly, an unarmored person hit in the torso would at least be critically injured or die.
-It's very resistant, reinforced with metal parts.
-It's very versatile, allowing attachments/modding, like the scope.
-It has a great effective range.

Cons:

-It's a heavy weapon.
-It takes both hands to operate.
-It is a bolt action rifle, which makes it's firing rate a lot lower.
-It has a strong recoil and the shot is rather loud.

Anything else I should say? If it needs any more cons or power reduction, please tell me.

Thanks for reading.

Humbucker/Kolmar Gallien

Last edited by Humbucker on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
fatherrat

fatherrat

Character sheet
Name: William "Soul" Thanatos
Race: African warrior man

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:51 am

Dude! That's a sweet crossbow!
Back to top Go down
Humbucker

Humbucker

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:47 pm

Why, thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Humbucker

Humbucker

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Ok, BUMP. This application has been completely changed. Please read it again.

Also, feel free to tell me what should change in the weapon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:04 pm

No.

I realize I am being quiet blunt here considering I am a member just like you but come on!

There is a reason why were are laughed at by other communities! It's because of stuff like this! People can't just say, "hay this iz fantasty! I R HAZ GUN NOWU?" it doesn't work that way.

My opinion is a definiate no.

Let's here the opinion of the Heads first.
Back to top Go down
Humbucker

Humbucker

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:18 pm

|| Divinity || wrote:
No.

I realize I am being quiet blunt here considering I am a member just like you but come on!

There is a reason why were are laughed at by other communities! It's because of stuff like this! People can't just say, "hay this iz fantasty! I R HAZ GUN NOWU?" it doesn't work that way.

My opinion is a definiate no.

Let's here the opinion of the Heads first.

Huh.

If that was true, they'd also remove .357s...

Well, it isn't super overpowered as many things I've seen here, my character doesn't have uber unbreakable swords or amazing armor. He just has a weapon... pretty much like a magnum.

Also. Removed the scope now. I think that a rifle really fits for fantasy, why not? C'mon, it isn't like an high-tech rocket launcher. It's just a rifle, and I've seen other people with a rifle too.

Also: "hay this iz fantasty! I R HAZ GUN NOWU?" it doesn't work that way. <-- I feel offended by that, you just called me a random mingebag. I hope you really won't think like that.. I actually took my time to make a background for it, it's not like I pulled it out of my ass, nor found it on the ground.

I don't see the bad point of this... Most people have god-like armors anyways, bullets won't be THAT effective. And the rifle isn't like: Hello! *headshot*. No no no. If you're thinking like that, I'm afraid you're horribly mistaken. It's just like any other firearm here.

I hope you reconsider your post, and this application isn't "hay this iz fantasty! I R HAZ GUN NOWU?" like you pointed out.
Communities are laughed at when their members fail to understand the others, and jump into quick conclusions.

It's fantasy, and it can be aborded from many points, just because it's not your style it doesn't mean it can't be for another person.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Personally, I think this is a fine app, and I Accept it.

This is indeed a fantasy RP, no ta Medieval RP. We have various types of guns and they are allowed to an extent.

I'll also wait for what everyone else has to say.
Back to top Go down
Robert Neville

Robert Neville

Character sheet
Name: Ruarc
Race: Irish

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:50 pm

It has my vote, I've seen him in the past, trust worthy guy.
Back to top Go down
Humbucker

Humbucker

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks guys, won't let you down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:50 pm

You know, I specifically asked if that model of the weapon existed, late Saturday night. You got this idea only because I asked about it me-thinks?
Back to top Go down
Humbucker

Humbucker

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 5:55 am

Richard Crimson wrote:
You know, I specifically asked if that model of the weapon existed, late Saturday night. You got this idea only because I asked about it me-thinks?

Nope, I had also spoken about it before to other people, but I wasn't sure if it was ok to apply for it, I asked around, which ended up bringing the DOD:S subject. :p

Also, the model does exist, if you have DOD:S, go to the DOD:S props section, there should be the weapon models there.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 3:54 pm

Yeah, but, nobody has DoD...

Are you content with a shotgun?
Back to top Go down
Humbucker

Humbucker

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Hmm well I thought most had, since it comes with CS:S in retail packages. Oh well. But yea, sure for the shotgun, we hardly use sweps anyways. As long as I have it IC, fine by me.
Back to top Go down
Humbucker

Humbucker

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:11 pm

ZA DOUBLE POST!

Well... since Geo gave me the green light to use ICly already... could this be moved to Accepted? I'll use a shotgun when it comes to SWEPs, in events and the like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:13 pm

This is why I'm barely on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)   Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kolmar's "Dawn" (Mauser Karabiner 98 Kurz)
Page 1 of 1