Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bandwagons.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:30 am

People like to hop on them. Yes, I'm going somewhere with this. It seems like every time someone says something smart, we got "I agree with so and so, + my two cents that may or may not even be relevant, much less are supported by the point." What's worse is when everybody jumps on without stating any opinion at all, just an "I agree," or even an "I agree, this sucks," or "rocks" or "doesn't matter," etc. Think we can all agree on that? Good, let's see how long you keep that opinion.

I'm no admin or anything, but I have the right to an opinion, and while I personally could care less, this is affecting others and I don't find that just at all. I've heard some complaints going around about circle-jerk private rp between all the older members. I've been given names, but out of decency, I'm not going to name any, nor am I aiming this at any single person- one, because pointing fingers never helps, and two, because that would be inherently impossible in the context of my argument.

These complaints have been started with the bathhouse, and oddly, landed on Pat for jokingly claiming he built it -which he did not, Pat has very little building ability, anyway- and now, apparently, a lot of people have "lost respect" for him because he supposedly did something most, if not all, of you have been guilty of before- doing something to encourage private RP. Anytime a relationship happens, any time something personal between two characters exists, yes, it encourages private RP.

Now, sometimes I'm given the excuse that there are situations where you're completely unable to RP with others, and yes, those aren't allowed. Those, you can complain about. But a public bathhouse? Please. Believe me when I say that a bathhouse cannot possibly stop you from RPing. Your character can't get in? Make one that can. Don't want to? Your fault, sit around and do nothing. Hell, you can even ask to be included, you don't have to barge right in or assume you can't. Private RP only exists in your heads and on Steam Friends, not in the server. The administrators and all the older roleplayers have seen and dealt with enough to know not to allow it, or rules that allow it. I mean, come on people, we've been roleplaying for years, you think we -don't- know what the same problems seen in roleplay usually are? Olden has seen many eras of conflict- hell, it was even spawned from one. Those you once respected, you should continue to respect, and rather than doubt in them, why not get a clue?

Now how does this all fit in to the bandwagon thing? It's because, kids, that I have to come here and make a post and spell it out for you. Don't go banding together and rallying against circle-jerkers that you want to prove wrong when you don't even give them a chance to prove themselves right, and please, think before you succumb to mob mentality. Really. It makes you a total retard.

If you feel the need to flame, because this makes you angry, which would only happen if I'm right, then please, I dare you to. If not: take the hint, settle down, and think over your actions.

P.S. What's done is done, the bathhouse is gone, and this post has nothing to do with its past, present or future condition.

Last edited by Kain on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:39 am

It is true that the quiet spoken ones are often the wisest.

Good to see someone can spell it out.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:42 am

Actually, we have problems with people who are RPIng, and for instance someone knocks on the door, and they either:

A) Ignore it OOCly, continue on ICly without rping that they're ignoring it...
B) Open the door and kill the person, shut it and relock it, go back to RP without taking anything that just happened ICly...
or C) Cuss them out in /PM's for trying to interrupt.
Back to top Go down

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:46 am

That's what we call "IC actions inspired by ooc desires"
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:57 am

Right, I believe there's already a rule addressing that.

Quote :
10. In Character private roleplay (talking and the like) can and -may- be altered (interrupted, mocked, spoiled, etc.) In-characterly by any other characters on the server. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO COUNTER THIS OOCLY. (And vice versa.) However, Do not take another person's(or persons') RP opportunities without their consent.

and re-empahsized, it seems:

Quote :
16. Do not take another's RP opportunities without their consent.

As for the issue in this post, I didn't see anything addressing it, so I took the liberty to do it myself.

Last edited by Kain on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:04 am

Aye so we as admins need to start enforcing these rules to the point.
Back to top Go down

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:12 am

This'd be a good excuse to get you back inserv, Geo. As to enforce this more strictly, gonna need more admins around to do so.
Back to top Go down

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:38 am

Quote :
This'd be a good excuse to get you back inserv, Geo. As to enforce this more strictly, gonna need more admins around to do so.

It's sad that it should come to needing admins to enforce it. I feel it's a bloody certainty that people are going to/allowed to interrupt your RP. It should be to everyone, I feel. I actually like when that happens. It adds diversity. And it can easily save you from a boring conversation.
Back to top Go down

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:03 am

Bandwagons. 6971
Back to top Go down

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:48 am

I wouldn't jump on these "bandwagons" as stated, if they weren't so damnded convincing!

Too bad I have myself to blame for falling for them.. >_<

And: broken pic is broken.
Back to top Go down

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:52 am

Back to top Go down

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:03 am

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /00pic/6971.jpg on this server.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:36 pm

GeoWulf wrote:
Actually, we have problems with people who are RPIng, and for instance someone knocks on the door, and they either:

A) Ignore it OOCly, continue on ICly without rping that they're ignoring it...
B) Open the door and kill the person, shut it and relock it, go back to RP without taking anything that just happened ICly...
or C) Cuss them out in /PM's for trying to interrupt.

If it's public the door should be open. If it's locked, it is against the rules.

Second, haven't seen that happen for 3 months in any situation.

Third, haven't seen that happen, again.

I haven't seen you in the server for a while, Geo, are you sure things like that happen anymore?
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:38 pm

Uberman7788 wrote:

I hear you brother
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Sponsored content

Bandwagons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bandwagons.   Bandwagons. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bandwagons.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: General Discussion-