Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Downloads - Help!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Asterisk

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:05 am

My downloads for simple files such as the map take more than 4 hours to download. What is this shit?

By the way, hi community.
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:12 am

Hello there, I seem to remember you from somewhere--

Where you apart of.. TnB at one point? Or still are.

Regardless, I don't know what problem you're having. I haven't downloaded anything recently but I can safely say that It shouldn't take more then five minutes, let alone four hours to download. I don't know what to tell you, sorry.

Welcome to the community, by the way.
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:12 am

Are there anyone else in your household downloading or using something that makes you lag, like a handheld internet device? They usually make me lag.
Back to top Go down
Asterisk

Character sheet
Name:

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:15 am

Quote :
Hello there, I seem to remember you from somewhere--

Where you apart of.. TnB at one point? Or still are.

Yes, I've been a member since November 2008.

Quote :
Welcome to the community, by the way.

Thank you!

Quote :
Are there anyone else in your household downloading or using something that makes you lag, like a handheld internet device? They usually make me lag.

My sister uses her iPhone, and my father and sister both have laptops. I also have an Xbox 360. Is this what you mean?
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:21 am

Well if she's using it to browse the internet that could effect your download, or your sister or father could be downloading something, ask them Razz. And welcome to the world of tomorrrow!
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:21 am

I thought I knew you from somewhere. I used to be very active in TnB. Had a few chars spread about through the servers. I've dirfted off since then. I think I pretty much left back at the 'DeCarlo' crises.

But, yeah. It's nice seeing new members coming along. We're a happy bunch once you wade through the E-Drama and internal conflict. :3

---

And I don't think that'd really do anything. If you can play G-Mod without lagging terribly, things like that shouldn't really be affecting your downloading in particular. Whenever I'm in that situation, it's normally just my ram, because my computers been on for too long. And I give it a good reboot. 2.5GB of Ram doesn't last all that long, heh.
Back to top Go down
Asterisk

Character sheet
Name:

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:23 am

Quote :
I thought I knew you from somewhere. I used to be very active in TnB. Had a few chars spread about through the servers. I've dirfted off since then. I think I pretty much left back at the 'DeCarlo' crises.

I remember that. Oh, wow. Deleting guns in the plaza. Fun times.

Quote :
But, yeah. It's nice seeing new members coming along. We're a happy bunch once you wade through the E-Drama and internal conflict. :3

E-drama is like war. You numb slowly. Razz

Quote :
Well if she's using it to browse the internet that could effect your download, or your sister or father could be downloading something, ask them

Too complicated, too lazy. Are there alternatives, like changing the map?
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:25 am

We just underwent a map-change, actually. Well, a whole role play setting shift, to be exact. You're downloading this content from the server, or garrysmod.org? I could, if you wanted, re upload what you need onto another content provider, that might end up being faster.
Back to top Go down
Asterisk

Character sheet
Name:

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:26 am

Quote :
You're downloading this content from the server, or garrysmod.org?

garrysmod.org

Quote :
I could, if you wanted, re upload what you need onto another content provider, that might end up being faster.

Please.
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:27 am

Nope, we wont be Razz , sorry, but that map took long for me aswell, it was only approximated to 20 minutes, ended up lasting like 50 minutes. Maybe it just depends where you are / network speed you have.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:27 am

It depends on your ISP, or internet service provider. Typically if you are having long waits in downloading like 4 hours you either, have a crappy ISP, someone or something is hogging the bandwidth, you are trying to download directly from garrysmod.org which for some reason has made everyones downloads very slow.

To fix the garrysmod.org problem, you need to download through a proxy. I recommend https://www.secure-tunnel.com/general_questions/xpress.cfm To download through a proxy, you would need to find the download link of the thing you are trying to download, for example http://coblitz.codeen.org/s3.garrysmod.org/files/61295/fixedforest.zip

Paste the link above into the small bar on the proxy's site, and allow it to download.
Back to top Go down
Asterisk

Character sheet
Name:

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:30 am

Holy shit, Donixas. It worked, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:31 am

Asterisk wrote:
Holy shit, Donixas. It worked, thank you!

For some reason Garry thought it would be a good idea to put a IP slowtime on EVERY IP.
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:31 am

Don aims to please. Thanks, bro. Gotta remember that myself. :3
Back to top Go down
Asterisk

Character sheet
Name:

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:32 am

How do I pronounce your name, Donixas?

Don-Ix-as?
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:33 am

I always tended to pronounce it: "Don-ox-is" for whatever reason. Guess it's just me.
Back to top Go down
Donixs
Basic Administrator
Donixs

Character sheet
Name:

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:34 am

It is pronounced

"Dawn icks"
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 3:35 am

Huh. Guess we learn something new everyday.

I wonder what other names I've been pronouncing terribly wrong...
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downloads - Help!   Downloads - Help! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 am

I always pronounced it as "Don-ix-sis"
Back to top Go down

Downloads - Help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: General Discussion :: Help And Support-
Jump to: