Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Chars and the Permakill

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Chars and the Permakill Empty
PostSubject: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:37 am

Asterisk wrote:
She died. Johnny's character drowned her. All fun RP though.

Alright. We need to cut down on new characters, usually made by the newcomers, being massacred by some PK-hungry e-peen warrior. Cause, y'all egotistical pricks keep doing it.

It's not fair. Just cause they haven't been around, doesn't mean you cut short their chances of development.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:46 am

Kruggly wrote:
Asterisk wrote:
She died. Johnny's character drowned her. All fun RP though.

Alright. We need to cut down on new characters, usually made by the newcomers, being massacred by some PK-hungry e-peen warrior. Cause, y'all egotistical pricks keep doing it.

It's not fair. Just cause they haven't been around, doesn't mean you cut short their chances of development.

D'you have specific pks you'd like to explain your disapproval of?
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 9:54 am

I think it's just in general.

I agree, though; characters should be immune to PKs for a week. In turn, they can't PK, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:08 am

Could someone provide the post with the current PK rules? I can't seem to find it. And I really think the current rules need to be revised. Atleast from what I remember. Don't ask me why, yet, because I need to bloody look them over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:11 am

What's with people RPing a PK without anyone's consent? Like somebody reads somewhat about PK, but not
the consent rules, and then they get into a fight and they think they're PKed on authority. What's with that?

All together: I agree with Krug on this. And I'm asking for a new rule (if it isn't already in place) if it is, then it
needs to be enforced: Anybody seeking to PK anyone's character without their consent or a Head's approval
need to be punished in one way or another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:17 am

*cough*

Or the new players could say they simply don't want their character pk'ed. From what I've been told, only the player can give consent to his character's Pk, and the only time the admins can intervene is when said character is abusing this right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:18 am

I agree, but the thing is, you've got to have consent, no matter how old the character might be.

That being said, Asterisk's character was PK'd with his consent. I would imagine. If not, then Asterick's could easily take it back if he didn't know the rules, but that's besides the point.

Scrappy underwent the same thing, he died within -Ten Minutes- of being made. Before he was Perma-Killed. But I still can't agree with this rule. It's all about consent. Not age. A new character shouldn't be immune to PKs. Or someone could easily use that to their advantage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 10:27 am

I'm presuming new players don't feel like they're established enough to oppose the PK, so they roll with it. Maybe they just aren't clear with the rules, either way some rules need to be set in place.

To truly experience Olden, you need to have a, or a bunch of, very developed characters that you grow to love. Then, you know more people, and events apply to you more - you get a whole history behind you.

And the older chars are to blame, they take advantage of this and go after the new chars.

Johnny's done this, recently to Asterisk's char. Psyche would be accused of doing it, but his PKs were for a bloody good reason. (Ie, don't fuck with Marius)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 11:15 am

Quote :
Psyche would be accused of doing it, but his PKs were for a bloody good reason. (Ie, don't fuck with Marius)

If you roll up in the guardhouse and go "I'M GON' DUEL YOO!" and then don't give up when he's holding a fucking crossbow to your head, you've got only yourself to blame, really.

But it really is simple. I've seen alot of the better RPers and more humble members of the community be put in these situations where theyr'e about to PK someone. Psyche included.

They ASK over LOOC if they understand fully what this means, and if they consent to it. If they don't consent to it, then just say so. Seriously. If you're in such a situation and there's no way out, and you REALLY don't want to get your character busted, just say it. There's always some way you can work it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:20 pm

Thank you Mack, I'm glad it's understood I don't force PKs on characters, and you're right. if PKing's a problem, people should just start saying no.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:25 pm

I agree, it should be more, uh, publicized, the rule that is.

As it is now, only the -victim- can give their consent to PK their character. It's like Mack said, even if they role in all pompous, there's always a way to not be PK'd.

But if someone used this rule to consistently jump into impossible situations and expect to come out unharmed / on top, consistently being beyond the benefit of the doubt, then the consent can be removed.

Edit: An example would be Mack's "imma duel u **crossbow to head** " character. If they expect the other characters to back down in an impossible situation, where they stubbornly refuse to back down, then the consent is pretty much forfeit.
Back to top Go down
Asterisk

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:39 pm

I'm sorry if I caused any trouble. :<

I completely authed the PK myself. I understand the PK rules 100 percent, or at least I think so.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:42 pm

You didn't. It's really all up to you PK-wise. We're just worried that new players might be taken advantage of and pressed into a PK without knowledge of the rules.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Kruggly wrote:
I'm presuming new players don't feel like they're established enough to oppose the PK, so they roll with it. Maybe they just aren't clear with the rules, either way some rules need to be set in place.

Point of my earlier post to the specificness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:06 pm

Maybe we should enforce that when PKing a new character you must tell the newcomer that they don't have to die?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:10 pm

Rossii wrote:
Maybe we should enforce that when PKing a new character you must tell the newcomer that they don't have to die?

Nah. I'm going to make a thread just for this rule. Maybe we should put it in the MOTD?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Quote :
Maybe we should put it in the MOTD?

Beep beep. Out of my way. I got a MOTD to update.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:54 pm

Pat wrote:
I agree, it should be more, uh, publicized, the rule that is.

All of the rules should be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 8:52 am

Quote :
All of the rules should be.

We've got a sticky about them, and I've put them all in the MOTD.
Is there even anything more we can do?
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Nawp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Wait. Do we even have a post with the permakill rules in them?
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Other than Here?

Nope.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:29 pm

Am I blind, or are we missing documentation of the permakill rules completely?
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:39 pm

..ouch..

We are.. ._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:44 pm

Oh, why thank you Krug for bringing this up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Chars and the Permakill   New Chars and the Permakill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Chars and the Permakill
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next