Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guys. Calm down.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

Guys. Calm down. Empty
PostSubject: Guys. Calm down.   Guys. Calm down. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:48 pm

I'll make it simple:

Just have fun! Doesn't matter if your char is overpowered, you can't kill or harm another character unless you have their consent. We as admins will enforce this, so don't try anything.

I'll say again

Put aside all OOC details against all other players and just sit down, calm down, and have fun even if it's at your own expense.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Guys. Calm down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guys. Calm down.   Guys. Calm down. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:59 pm

"Have fun even it's at your own expense". I don't have fun if it's at my expense. It does matter if a character is overpowered, because that's when things start making zero sense and chaos ensues. People who don't play fair take the fun out for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

Guys. Calm down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guys. Calm down.   Guys. Calm down. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Geo, easy for you to say, I haven't seen you play in ever.
Back to top Go down

Guys. Calm down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guys. Calm down.   Guys. Calm down. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Alright. Let's not all get pissy about this.

Geo is right. We're here to have fun.
But he is also wrong.
Overpowered characters, much like Munroe said, sucks the fun out of it for everyone else by taking their chances away should a fight erupt.
Back to top Go down

Guys. Calm down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guys. Calm down.   Guys. Calm down. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Yep basically.
Can't have fun if it is even balanced out.
Can't have hope to have fun when someone can simply turn around and snap your neck with a simple twist of a wrist.
Back to top Go down

Guys. Calm down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guys. Calm down.   Guys. Calm down. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:47 pm

People keep taking advantage of my in-aggresiveness Sad
Back to top Go down

Guys. Calm down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guys. Calm down.   Guys. Calm down. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Richard Crimson wrote:
People keep taking advantage of my in-aggresiveness Sad

What the hell are you on about, Moon?
Seriously.
Back to top Go down
kamaitama

kamaitama

Character sheet
Name: Naria Ordal
Race: Human

Guys. Calm down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guys. Calm down.   Guys. Calm down. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:25 pm

People are raging for all the wrong reasons. It's good we have IC drama, it's a serious server after all, clusterfucks are not good, yeah, but then again you can always break them. Overpowered characters, we're doing stuff about it.

In general, Olden is not decending on freefall, or is near it's death, to the absolute contrary, we're growing, but it's crucial we make important decisions now, because it may affect what will happen soon. Infact, I like it that people vent off, I previously had the impression that we were neglecting and ignoring eachother, and that's worse than everything.
Back to top Go down
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

Guys. Calm down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guys. Calm down.   Guys. Calm down. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:36 pm

As long as you're having fun, it doesn't matter if you lose something.

I don't talk of overpowered characters. I talk of everything that you get involved in. If you want to fix the overpowerment problem, make it impossible to be overpowered.

The spellplague essentially evened it out by limiting how much magic you can have but not what you CAN have. Yet nobody wanted it. Minds need to be made up or you're only going to crush yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guys. Calm down. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guys. Calm down.   Guys. Calm down. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guys. Calm down.
Page 1 of 1