Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Opinions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Well.

I noticed this community is based on popularity. Such as people who get to 'pass' by the rules.

For example. Kain. I was told his powers weren't applied for, and then when someone took it to the admins, they said 'he's an exception.'
I don't think there should be exceptions in the community. Everyone should be treated the same, even the admins.

Another example is Zaku. Cory's sister, Samantha, made a charcter called Jenna. It was suppose to be a kazuth, but she was denied because there were to many. A few days later, Zaku made a kazuth girl. Kayte, and she was quickly accepted. And, he's been playing her for a day or two before she was even accepted. Yet alone, had a page of her own.

Don't get me wrong, I find these people my friends, but I think everyone should be treated the same, and no exceptions to the rules.

Now, this brings me to Kazuths. Aren't they supposed to be a hated race? I don't know. When I first made my first 'real' character, Kaeynz, he was adored by most of the girls. As for Jayne, Takato, and most of the other kazuths (Excluding Zaku, he actually was a slave for Ivy, lol). I never see -anyone- start fights with them due to their race. Munroe's stories show what Kazuths are supposed to be treated like, as it says in the lore:
Quote :
Kazuth's are usually segregated due to their past of being slaves. They are also different because of their cat-like nature, treated as animals by many--commonly--all around the world. Sida especially. On many occasions, Kazuth's have amputated their tails and hid their ears to avoid this kind of discrimination, a painful remedy for a long-term problem. However, doing this requires them to relearn their balance, and most Kazuth's who do this are no more feeble-footed than a human for the rest of their double-length lives.
In the past, reports of abuse to any and all Kazuth's are common. They still are today. In the largest areas of the world--Imperia, Sida, Surna, Cramiche, and the outlying islands--the racism is more harsh. Kazuth's are still treated as if they belonged and always will belong as slaves, very few tend to treat them respectfully. Many times, the Kazuth parties involved in this racial discrimination have sometimes rebelled or avoided these people entirely.
In a nutshell, the Kazuth race is highly un-respectable to the commonfolk.
Samantha, Cory's sister, made Jenna as a slave, and she willingly gave her services to Asher because she was -used- to be a slave. It was built into her mind after being one for 20 years.

Same thing with Vampires. (I wouldn't mind Articus being chased down because he is one.) The only person I've seen that has tried to kill Articus because he's one is Stephen, Drakeson's character.

I'm writing this just as Zaku posted his temporary admin. I completely agree that the admin team hasn't been enforcing the rules. Mack was one of the very few admins that actually did his job, INGAME. The other admins are only accepting/denying things, and Psyches working on the Wastes (Kudos to you.)

I think Zaku would make a great admin, and I hope he does become one, but we need more admins like Mack.
And don't talk to me about my rage quit earlier, I had some shit going on. >.>

Please, don't flame here. Just post what you think.
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:59 pm

Ness is right, but, if I may justify my character:

Quote :
Another example is Zaku. Cory's sister, Samantha, made a charcter called Jenna. It was suppose to be a kazuth, but she was denied because there were to many. A few days later, Zaku made a kazuth girl. Kayte, and she was quickly accepted. And, he's been playing her for a day or two before she was even accepted. Yet alone, had a page of her own.

Kayte is Zaku. Zaku had a belt that turns him into a female. That's why she was accepted. That's why I played her before she even got a page. I only put her in the approval section as a cover up.

And, I appreciate the comments, Ness. You're right. And I hope people read this throughly.

I've always roleplayed Kazuth correctly. Why do you think we made the White-Tigers? It was an attempt to make the Kazuth hated, like they were supposed to be. It's one of the reasons I make Zaku an asswipe, to try and get people to hate kazuths. But ,instead, people flock to them, because they're 'cute' and 'innocent'.

Stuff like this needs to change. We have to get our shit together.
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Olden is currently a trainwreck. Honestly. Let me paint you a picture;

You're standing at a large heap of metal and bodies. A large crash. You see two people cleaning the entire thing up. When you look around, you notice a playground, filled with children and a few adults. All adults but one are sitting at a parkbench, laughing and drinking coffee. There's one single adult, walking around, repairing broken toys, hushing crying children, and breaking up fights. A few children occasionally run away from the playground, crying. They disappear into the horizon. As you look around some more, you see new children slowly walk in.

What is this?
It's Olden.
Who are the two people trying to repair the huge metal wreck?
That's Pat and Kain.
Who are the children in the playground?
That's the players.
Who are the adults sitting around?
That's the admins.
Who's the one breaking up squabbles and trying to keep the children happy?
That would be me.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Ness Tea wrote:
As for Jayne, Takato, and most of the other kazuths (Excluding Zaku, he actually was a slave for Ivy, lol). I never see -anyone- start fights with them due to their race.
Just 'cause you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Then give me an example of it happening.
Back to top Go down
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Tzakuto's constantly in fights with Takato, and she criticizes her for her race, as well.

I don't remember specific instances other than that, but I do know she's been involved in a decent amount of racism in the tavern and other places. Though, there was this one time a pair of dwarves were making fun of her.
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:18 pm

There's always the time Zaku, and all the Underaged Cat-girls got enslaved and taken off in a caravan. And Zaku eventually bite the ankle off of one of the salvers, and escaped with the little girls. And Zaku got some golden Crossbow, and Revolver. Gave the Crossbow to Stephen. Kadi got a Golden Katana.

I'm surprised I remember these little things.
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Alright.

Also, I'd like to apologize to Zen, Divinity, Narran and anyone else that I was an asshole too.

I had some RL problems and I was angry with the community. I overreacted, I brought it into steam, and I was a complete ass hole to all you guys.

Sorry.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:57 pm

I don't think vampires receive enough racism either. :V

I'd say vampires are even more menacing than little furry cat-dudes, yet they aren't treated like they should be.
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:58 pm

Quote :
I'd say vampires are even more menacing than little furry cat-dudes, yet they aren't treated like they should be.

They're half-cats! Of course they should be treated worse than the people who're 3 times stronger than a human and feeds on your blood, and have the chance to go super-rage on your arse if you don't let them feed you! It's only logical!
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:58 pm

I'm a bit lost about Kayte.

Isn't Zaku dead? And wasn't he Zakella when he had the belt on? Or did he give it to someone else?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Ness Tea wrote:
I noticed this community is based on popularity. Such as people who get to 'pass' by the rules.

For example. Kain. I was told his powers weren't applied for, and then when someone took it to the admins, they said 'he's an exception.'
I don't think there should be exceptions in the community. Everyone should be treated the same, even the admins.

This really sticks out to me. It bothers me a ton that there are exceptions to the rules. Characters Head Admins play, that serve no practical use other than IC power trips. Characters that people just play on without applying that no one seems to care about. Characters like Kain, who are purposely made an exception for reasons that escape me. It's nothing personal, I just strongly feel it can lead to problems.

Let me explain why:
Suppose a city is filled with criminals who break the law. Police arrest the criminals, but every now and then a police officer also breaks a law. Should that policeman be made an exception by his comrades solely because he's helping clean the city up? What happens when the other police take it upon themselves to start judging who should be exempt from the law and who shouldn't? Soon, the police become bigger problems than the criminals they're arresting, because they can break the law and get away with it, and many criminals are allowed to go free just because an officer decides to forgive them their crimes. Soon, the only way to defend oneself against the rampant crime wave is by becoming a criminal yourself, since the police are by now next to useless. Anarchy ensues.

So if someone plays an asininely powerful character but doesn't have to make an application because they're "trusted" or even because they're helping clean up the mess, in the end it's only going to make things worse. People will begin to question why the parties involved are getting special treatment / exemption. Their questioning will lead to an attempt at attaining similar treatment, which will result in either their doing so (further worsening the problem), or their leaving the community (which is completely counterproductive to the repair effort). They'll be powerless against these super-powerful and unfair characters, who aren't even supposed to exist according to the rules. Plus, it's hypocritical to establish a set of rules but then toss them out the window when you deem it fair, or when you feel like breaking them yourself.

The rules should be the only deciding force of who is in the right and who is in the wrong. If someone breaks a rule, enforce it. If someone abuses the system by making a misleading application and abusing their powers (which in the end, are privileges granted by admins, not rights), they too are due for proper punishment, which is a revocation of their applied abilities and items. Admins should always follow the rules, simply because they're the example-setters for everyone else. Public applications should expose what a character has and can do to everyone for proper criticism and skepticism (while for some applications become a popularity contest, many look at applications keeping in mind how what they're accepting or denying could affect them or the community, thus self-interest, self-righteousness, or self-preservation balance it out). Where to limit what people must apply for is always a question; starter kits exist to answer it. I see a way the system could work, but I have yet to see it do so.

Last edited by Munroe on Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:41 pm

Cut apps. Pure and simple. Make people WORK for what they recieve. Don't make it as easy as to post an app, add a few "gets tired"-tier cons, and then send them on their way.

And I think the reason the heads originally were exempt from apps was because they had the final ruling. I say we turn it into a full democracy. Olden can only work in one of two ways;

A dictatorship, with a single good leader. (Which are VERY scarce).
Or as a democracy.
Not a parlamentary democracy. Not as a republic. But a full democracy. Everything is passed through public votings. EVERYTHING.

Applications, characters, decisions. Everything.

Admins are supposed to keep order, and enforce rules. The heads are not supposed to speak for the community. They are supposed to act as a police force for the regular admins.
But who polices the heads then? You might ask.
Simple.

You do. The community.

Admins are supposed to keep the community safe, and enforce the rules. The heads are supposed to keep the admins in line, and make sure they don't abuse their powers. But when the heads start abusing their powers, it's the community's job to keep them in line.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:07 pm

I think the idea of pure democracy simply wouldn't work in a community. Everything would be completely disorganized and inefficient, as applications and proposals would have to be reviewed by dozens of lazy members on their own time and responded to before they could pass. And ultimately, much like in real-world politics, whoever held the most power granted by the people would only have it because they're the most popular, not necessarily because they can handle it the best.

I also don't like the idea of a dictator. One person can't possibly handle all of a community's inner workings. And this person would be prone to mistakes. Mistakes that could seriously damage the community. Something has to check a dictator's power and filter out his or her decisions, so there's no abuse of power.

The Council is, I think, the best way to go. However, you need a Council that's fair and efficient; that can make good decisions but not spend unnecessary time arguing over whose way is right. That's the hard part. A Council should have an odd number of people in it, and regularly discuss things with lower-ranked admins and players to come to an agreeable compromise. A Council's members should check and balance each other, so no one member has too much power. A Council should be made up of smart, mature, and insightful members, who know what's best and how to make a good argument. Council members should be called to monthly evaluations by the community and their fellow Council members, to determine if they are fit to keep their position. There, factual evidence and observations, not people's opinions, will be the deciding factor.
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:13 pm

What I meant by democracy is instate a system where you need maybe 4-5 accepts from anyone to pass applications or characters.

And there would be no power over others to be had. So there'd be no voting for popularity.

And the council, (or rather the three head admins.) hasn't been elected.
And we tried a REAL council before. Didn't work. At all. It was all just bollocks.

There's more corruption to be had within a council than within the masses. Because if you're entitled to vote on your opinion, then what good is it to corrupt someone?
Back to top Go down
Fyren338

Fyren338

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 8:53 am

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You guys need an unbiased opinion! So let me help you help yourselfs mmmmkay? A dictatorship is bad mmmmhm because the leader is indeed prone to mistakes and then everyone bitches and it really can ruin the entire purpose for the leader himself. I prove this with the Harmony rp experiment. HAHAAHA Gordy Harmony was a dictator, oh lol that was just great. (IT DIDN'T W0RK U C). And I think it should be said that Olden Apps for sooooooooooooo much shit. You got to app for blonde hair these days, ffs. To be honest if you had more responsible admins (WHICH YOU ALL POINT OUT OFTEN YOU DON'T) You could have people moderating how other people ARPEE and if they are misARPEEing then you can be like "um no more furry people for you because they're a race, not your morbid cat fetish kk." Suuuuure you guys are all bitching because admins be human too but you know what, admins go through alot of B.S. and players don't help gennerally @ all. It's a suggestion that I know you all won't go for because if it's not app'd for then "FFS IT DOESN'T COUNT!". For all yall fugly people that realize Olden's a god damn popularity contest well so's highschool and highschool never ends. Life's a stage you know, Only the popular people get to do anything, quit crying and go put more makeup on and be les of yourself be more what people want if you want more attention. (CUZ I AINT GUNNA HOLD YOUR HAND) Look you see now I've been to more communities of GMOD RP then I can remember, started more projects then I can count, and seen more RP's die then Rosie O'Donnel has eaten cupcakes. But most of all I've seen more communities die then I've seen thrive! Now there are several things that keep a community going, you guys got input opinions down out the ass, but effort is neat-0 too y'know. You guys are doing fine, alot better then STALKER RP eh!? You all deserve cookies for surviving too long. I mean with Gmod RP you got GaynB, and not FagnB and you guys have been not FagnB for a long time Congrats.
Post warning: Look i didn't post to put any positive opinion here i posted because i like to see my words so don't fucking bitch if you think I'm immorral I don't givashit.
Post post warning: I only gave that last warning if people bitch at me because i hate bitching, if you're not bitching, then yes this is all legit opinion i'm spitting here. (Write that down.)
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:57 am

I'm sorry, Fyren. But honestly, I couldn't understand a word of that. All I could make out was "FagnB" and "GaynB", which I -SUPPOSE- is some kind of flame towards TnB. If it is, then knock it off, pal. You can think whatever you want about whatever communities. But you don't need to bloody spread it around here. Needlessly flaming other communities is just immature and stupid. Go sit in the corner.
Back to top Go down

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:59 am

Fyren338 wrote:
-sad snip-

Stop post whoring and make some sense. Otherwise we don't need your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Opinions   My Opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Opinions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: General Discussion-
Jump to: