Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sonoid

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hyperiant

Hyperiant

The Sonoid Empty
PostSubject: The Sonoid   The Sonoid Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Chapter 1 - The Forest

The Sonoid Sonoid

Streaks of light from a hole in the forest canopy highlighted its deep, dark sapphire blue "skin," creating an awe-inspiring shimmer that lit up the empty forest. It looked at its hands, its feet, and then at the beautiful environment surrounding it. Taking its first few soundless steps, it slowly began to wander about with an undying curiosity.

What was 'it'? 'It' was a strange creature, resembling a human made of sapphire with a carbon center. Yet both of the aforementioned elements have the mobility of, quite simply, rocks, and this 'it' was completely mobile.

As it continued to explore the impossibly quiet area, it stumbled upon a small white stone. "SONOID" was carefully carved into it—almost perfectly, as though it was purposely put there. To the creature's own surprise, it could understand the carving, and responded by instinctively reading it aloud.

"Sonoid," came its voice along with a musical tone, breaking the before-thought unbreakable silence of the forest. It froze immediately, startled by this.

"Sonoid," it spoke again, re-reading the stone. The tone came out somewhat differently, and this time flipped between two notes. From where was its voice coming from? It didn't appear to care, completely enthralled by its new discovery. Soon it began to break the inscription down into syllables, which it pronounced separately, exaggerated, and overall played with to create different tones, notes, pitches, and effects with its new-found voice.

One sound interested it in particular, the only sound repeated in the inscription, and the easiest to sustain. "O," it constantly repeated, using it as a basis to 'hum' in its own way. It moved to sit down on the forest floor, which, with the exception of the creature, remained totally soundless. It landed with a quiet thud on the soft ground, pausing once more in gleeful discovery of a new sound. It tried to use bits of the inscription to imitate it, finally settling on 'd' as a proper imitation. Mixing it with a variety of effects it was beginning to learn how to utilize, it created a sound that no longer sounded like either the 'd' or the noise created by sitting down, more like a tapping noise. Considering what to do next, it repeated the tapping noise over and over at a certain rate, creating a distinct beat.

If it had a mouth, it would smile. Proud of its accomplishments, it mixed the 'O' sound with the beat to form a well-sounding experimental song. Continuing along, the unsatisfied but happy creature played with its song until finally it was interrupted momentarily by something hitting its head. The contact messed with its sound for a moment, creating a kind of loud buzz. Turning around but refusing to stop its joyful tune, it came face-to-face with a similar creature, bright, yellow, with similar jewel-like qualities.

For few seconds, they only stared at each other, glowing eyes locked while the sapphire creature continued its song. They seemed confused, as though unsure how to communicate. Finally the yellowy creature broke into the rhythm with its own noise, mixing sounds to add to the song. The sound it made closely resembled the one created by the 'I' in the inscription's tune.

As the song played out, both seemed to have a basic idea of where to take it and where it was going, and it became more and more apparent that the yellowy creature had a far larger library of noises to play around with. Still, both peacefully continued, neither becoming jealous of the other for their unique sounds. The yellow one sat down in front of the other, and they faced each other, ecstatically letting the notes form harmonies and mix together, until finally...

The song ended, leaving the forest in silence one more.

(Submit techno songs to affect the story's outcome. Keep in mind, I do have plans for this story, so I may or may not take the request.)
Back to top Go down
♥Lithium
President of the Gay Bar
♥Lithium

Character sheet
Name: Ahrian de Lioncourt
Race: Human

The Sonoid Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sonoid   The Sonoid Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:29 pm

[OOC:] Great idea by the way. Here's my contribution.

Back to top Go down

The Sonoid Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sonoid   The Sonoid Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 pm

♥Lithium wrote:
[OOC:] Great idea by the way. Here's my contribution.

What a great fucking contribution.

Also; Nice story, it's not my sort've thing, but I can't say it's bad.

Also; Techno sucks, lol.
Back to top Go down

The Sonoid Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sonoid   The Sonoid Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:32 pm

I like

Yes I do like.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name: