[REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GeoWulf
Banned, somehow.

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:20 pm

(added by GeoWulf, inspired by peacerules1/David Zinor/knifer)

Aasimar

Proud, fair skinned and tall, the Aasimar are a race with a somewhat curious background. One of the two races that are known to be Planetouched, the others being the Tieflings, Aasimar are native to planes of law and order. They have holy blood somewhere in their ancestry, but should not be confused with half-celestials, as the celestial heritage is far back in the character's ancestry (at least 1/8th). While some claim to have descended directly from the Gods, it is more likely that one of their ancestors was a Celestial, and not a God. However, most of them cannot trace their heritage back to a specific celestial being.

There is no difference between Aasimar hailing from Human, Elven or other lineage, it is the touch of the divine that makes them what they are, regardless of their other ancestry.

Most Aasimar have a Human ancestry, a relative few have an Elvish ancestry. Aasimar have no lands to call their own. They are welcome in most places, but can also be unwanted in others. Having no home or lands to call their own, Aasimar travel the lands and are not likely to settle down in a particular location. They’re usually traveling paladins or clerics, looking to fight evil where they can. Those who are not devout followers of a Deity, tend to become traveling bards.

Personality:
Because of their ancestry, Aasimar are always champions of good. Aasimar are very often Paladins or Clerics, devoutly following their deity. This devoutness can make them somewhat rigid in their opinions, however. Since they have no place to call home, Aasimar travel a lot. Even though they’re well-liked in most places, they are always somewhat of a loner. Aasimar do not tend to band together.

Physical Description:
Aasimar are beautiful creatures. Tall, with blond, almost white or silvery hair and bright eyes that make others feel like they see right into the core of their being. Aasimar player characters do not have wings, glowing eyes or other features apart from the ones just mentioned. They like to wear finely crafted metal armors, often decorated with sigils or coats of arms. In their fight against evil, they prefer to use greatswords or other weapons that allow them to use their height as an advantage.

Aasimar ancestry makes them very aware of their surroundings. They’re also very perceptive people’s motives. Their ancestry also provides them some elemental protection. Some spells that are specifically used to control other Humanoids will not work on Aasimar.

Relations with other races:
In general, Aasimar get along with most good races, however, they can hate ‘evil’ races with an almost fanatical fervor. This is especially true for the other Planetouched race, the Tiefling.

Alignment:
Because of their heritage, Aasimar are always good, and usually Lawful Good or Neutral Good.

Religion:
Aasimar usually follow the deity their ancestors did. However, since they do not really have a place in the Heavens, some Aasimar refuse to follow or even acknowledge deities or their servants.

Genasi

Genasi are planetouched (mortal creatures who have in their veins some blood of creatures from an alternate plane), who in their case are humans with an elemental in their ancestry. The most common genasi by far are the ones who are related to the four classical elements - air, earth, fire and water - though para-elemental genasi also exist. Genasi resemble humans only with one or two unusual features which correspond to their element, such as wispy hair for Air Genasi or red skin for Fire Genasi. Genasi also have special abilities which correspond to their element.

Fire genasi usually have fire as hair, or embers coming out of their head when they are angry. Oftentimes, they can also emit smoke from their nostrils or mouth. Agitating a fire genasi usually spells the end of the person who did it, as they are commonly short tempered. They can walk through fire, and are best at evocation spells.

Water genasi are much different from fire. Most have laid-back personalities, and aren't easy to anger. Wet hair or scaly skin (like a fish) are common appearances provided by these creatures, and they can breath underwater. Usually best at abjuration spells.

Earth genasi have rock for skin, and are very hard to kill. However, they do not like to fight, but will defend their honor. They sometimes have crystals(diamonds are the most common type) for hair. Earth genasi are usually abandoned at their toddler age and left to fend for themselves. They are best at conjuration spells.

Air genasi are daredevils, and love to do partake in dangerous situations. They prove audacity, but will usually die because of this personality. They have a breezy atmosphere, and glow pure white; or pure blue; with skin that is cool to the touch. They are best at divination spells.
Back to top Go down
Krug

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:57 am

EPIC NECRO. SORT OF.

You just know I couldn't help but notice this in the unrevised lore section.

Spoiler:

I mean, I love the appearance and all but the backstory's just a pleasant copy paste from the DnD wiki.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:34 am

All of this is taken from the DnD wiki, <_>. I would help revise it if the higher-ups gave me an OK.
Back to top Go down
Krug

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:43 am

xeno586 wrote:
All of this is taken from the DnD wiki, <_>. I would help revise it if the higher-ups gave me an OK.

And yeah, me too. In case it wasn't obvious. :3
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:35 am

Quote :
if the higher-ups gave me an OK.

wat

just bloody rewrite it and send the draft to pat and ask what he thinks about it

fucking hell, show some initiative people
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Mackalian wrote:
Quote :
if the higher-ups gave me an OK.

wat

just bloody rewrite it and send the draft to pat and ask what he thinks about it

fucking hell, show some initiative people

Initiative is non-existent

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:48 am

If you guys haven't noticed, all the lore geo prepared was either taken from neverwinter nights or dnd, perhaps a few other sources for minor things. We only started getting original after the mass movement to revise lore and make it unique to olden.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:10 am

Kain wrote:
If you guys haven't noticed, all the lore geo prepared was either taken from neverwinter nights or dnd, perhaps a few other sources for minor things. We only started getting original after the mass movement to revise lore and make it unique to olden.

GO OCCITAN
WE HAVE THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE AND ORIGINAL LORE OUT THERE

GLORY TO THE EMPIRE!
Back to top Go down
Krug

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:00 am

Quote :

Which is why this thread bump exists. To take a part of the lore and revamp it to be a big step away from just a copypaste.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Alright, so now to clarify and settle this.

Narran wants to write the lore for Planetouched, amirite? Okay cool. Maybe ask Zaku for opinions because he's the only person who plays a tiefling. And Munroe too.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Me, Kain, and Munroe play Tieflings.
Christina, Kazzaul, and Amanda respectively.

Even though I don't RP Christina anymore.
Back to top Go down
Krug

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:38 pm

Quote :
Even though I don't RP Christina anymore.

Major sadface.

You'd be surprised who may be revising the tiefling lore.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:29 pm

I'm the only bad one. Sad

C'MON TIEFLINGS, GET BAD WITH ME.

I would also pitch in, but fhrjhfrkfhjkhrfkjh reasons restrict me of being of much help this week.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:43 pm

Hey Narran, I would talk to you on steam about this, but I can't find you, and I would PM this to you, but you aren't accepting PM's, so I'll post it here.
Have you been working on revising any of this, specifically, the Aasimars? If so, are you still working on it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:15 pm

[quote="TRUlyjuST"]Hey Narran, I would talk to you on steam about this, but I can't find you, and I would PM this to you, but you aren't accepting PM's, so I'll post it here.
Have you been working on revising any of this, specifically, the Aasimars? If so, are you still working on it?[/quote]
Yeah, I am. I've kind of forgotten about it though. WHY AREN'T QUOTES WORKING FOR ME? D:
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:16 pm

hmm, if you have anything saved, mind if I look at your stuff for the Aasimars?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:17 pm

[quote="TRUlyjuST"]hmm, if you have anything saved, mind if I look at your stuff for the Aasimars?[/quote]
Unfortunately, I don't. I never save anything on a .txt file.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched   

Back to top Go down

[REQUEST REQUIRED] Planetouched
Page 1 of 1