Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SO, LIKE, HEY

Go down 
+5
Pelef
Markka
Scalene
Gambit
Psycheandromida
9 posters
AuthorMessage

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:36 pm

thanks for not using the server, i think you'd be better off not having one to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:37 pm

What are you talking about
Back to top Go down

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 4:51 pm

I'm saying, thanks for abandoning the server.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Collector General wrote:
I'm saying, thanks for abandoning the server.

We were all on a quest. But okay.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:16 am

I was on the server last night - Australia time, that is. It was fun.

TacoScript + new models should fix things up, though.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 5:48 am

Scalene wrote:

1. Tacoscript usually means impending doom.

2a. New models? YES! (Pelef offered his help)
2b. Fix the animations too! (Pelef offered his help)

3. Maybe the script could be, like... modified a little, too?

4. What do you mean by saying "abandoning the server"?
Back to top Go down
Pelef

Pelef

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:31 am

Markka wrote:
Scalene wrote:

1. Tacoscript usually means impending doom.

2a. New models? YES! (Pelef offered his help)
2b. Fix the animations too! (Pelef offered his help)

3. Maybe the script could be, like... modified a little, too?

4. What do you mean by saying "abandoning the server"?

Indeed.

You can't really live on your so called "lore". If it can't be pulled out practically, it simply doesn't work. In my opinion, this is /the/ most boring place I've been in my GMod history - despite that I like the idea of the roleplay. Many require the visual/practical of it, than just "thinking" of it.

Oh and, crying about no one being on server does not help at all.
Once people starts doing that, you're as well already dead. Especially if the admins do it. There'd be a reason to that though, as said.
Plus that you don't care at all for how your gameplay looks - is a no go towards the better.

This is just my saying.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:31 am

I'm fine with all this stuff, as long as it doesn't end in 'LOL SWEP FITES S2K'
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:47 am

Quote :
You can't really live on your so called "lore". If it can't be pulled out practically, it simply doesn't work.

What? We need lore to tie everything together. We need it to put everyone on mutual ground. Lore is the backbone of a fantasy roleplay.

Quote :
Plus that you don't care at all for how your gameplay looks - is a no go towards the better.

I'm not sure as to what you mean by this, but I'm gonna go ahead and take a guess that it's about using SWEPs to "enhance gameplay".

SWEPs are nothing but trouble. They give people a powerful tool that they can minge/grief with. And it's always "ADMIN CAN I HAVE MY WEPS BACK" and "ADMIN CAN I HAVE THIS WEP PPLLZZ"

SWEPs are NOT required for roleplaying. Quite the opposite. They should be avoided.
Quote :
Many require the visual/practical of it, than just "thinking" of it.

Then maybe roleplaying isn't for you?
If you need a bunch of weapons that make sounds and actually remove something off of a virtual health bar, you're not really fit for roleplaying.

Models? Sure. As long as not every single member has their own personal model so you have to spend like an entire week downloading a model pack.

Sure, SWEPs might be used in other RPs, but they just don't fit into Olden. We used to have SWEPs.
And guess what. They were never used. Only abused.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:55 am

I have two overruling principles. No SWEPs, but models would be incredible.

Quote :
Many require the visual/practical of it, than just "thinking" of it.

This. A lot of people don't mind - me included - but it would be a great improvement.

Quote :

We do care. It's just very hard to implement given the (and no offence), people at the top.

Mack wrote:
Models? Sure. As long as not every single member has their own personal model so you have to spend like an entire week downloading a model pack.

I wouldn't mind a model pack. At all. TnB's got one. Why shouldn't we?
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:59 am

Quote :
I wouldn't mind a model pack. At all. TnB's got one. Why shouldn't we?

TnB has alot of members, and is very popular, so they can afford to have such a big model pack.

Olden isn't popular, so before we do get popular, we can't go making 250 megabyte .rar files with
nothing but models to every character that Olden ever had.

Plus. They get paid for the custom models they do. Our main playerbase is too young to pay for any models. Hell, they can't even donate for the server.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:00 am

Still, a concept none the less.

Mmmmm, an actual Jens model.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:02 am

To be honest i don't have any problem with not having SWEPs. Until they make an RP SWEP that does no damage but indicates where the bullet hit, RP doesn't require SWEPS.

Also, no offence Pelef, but it's pretty pathetic to be making cheap shots like that. This thread is actually pretty old, and doesn't apply anymore, as people are playing on the server more recently.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Good lord some of you are really whiny.

You should learn to roleplay without useless features. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to play DnD with some of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SO, LIKE, HEY Empty
PostSubject: Re: SO, LIKE, HEY   SO, LIKE, HEY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SO, LIKE, HEY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: General Discussion-
Jump to: