Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jerry's inner-demon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

Jerry's inner-demon Empty
PostSubject: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:07 pm

The character you are applying it for(IT MUST BE YOUR OWN.)
Jerry Lothurn

WHAT you are applying said character for.
An unknown, inner-demon which fests in Jerry's body and soul.

What can it do(IN DETAIL.)
The demon is of unknown origin, not having any known goal apart from causing chaos and mayhem amongst civilizations. However, the soul rotting entity cannot control Jerry when he is alive and conscious, leaving it's powers and body reforming attributes at Jerry's mercy. The main powers being anti-magic based, which protects against many types and levels of magic and magic influenced items, though it is not fully activated due to the demon being repressed by Jerry's conscious mind, and therefor will not protect against all magic... The body reforming gives Jerry an incredible boost of strength and physical skill augmentations, making him somewhat super-human, though at the same time, as Jerry's soul rots, his emotions and moral reasoning becomes stale and nearly non-existent, making him uncaring and unmoved by human emotions.

If Jerry is to enter an extreme level of emotion (whichever it may be; great sadness or unimaginable anger, etc) the entity will take the opportunity and while Jerry's mind and soul is distracted by such amounts of emotions, taking over his body and changing it to whatever it wishes. Though, this state only lasts a brief period of time before Jerry himself takes over again. The stress and strain of the entire event can put Jerry in a short coma however...

Your SteamID.
Bacon

Why you think you should have this.
Jerry's been my in-human character for so many years through so many communities, I simply have to bring him into Olden too. Not that this can really be abused anyway, he isn't invincible nor is he infinitely strong.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:53 pm

This is iffy. So basically the character becomes much more powerful and resistant to magic, and the con is the character becomes apathetic. Chronic, constant apathy isn't a con, it's bad roleplay.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go ahead and slap this application with a denial, but if I'm to approve this, I'd like you to consider these suggestions.

First, the current pros just give the character a berserk button so they can fight other characters with powers that'll leave you disappointed. Couldn't the inner demon allow the temporary growth of wings, access to electric & fire magic, a powerful scorpion-like tail or other effects that allow a new fighting edge for your character?

Then, Demons don't really have complete magic resistance. They're as always vulnerable to blessed weapons for the sole purpose of fighting vampires, demons and junk. Or metal like Silver, Black Silver and especially Dorifium. It's a given though that a demon would have much better chances than a normal human against near any other spell.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Jerry does have emotions, he just cant access them as others would since they pose a threat to him. Also, the demon doesn't protect from magic entirely, and I thought that changing a human body into something fantastical would have been a little too much.

If anything, I can change it so when the demon does take over, it changes Jerry into a somewhat stereotypical demon-like shape (wings, horned tail, sharp teeth).

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.

Edit: This also means that the demon itself would be weak against holy weapons or blessed items. But then again, its less likely for anyone with any holy equipment to really try and piss off someone to the breaking point unless they were chaotic.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:09 am

A few questions.

Just how much strength does he gain? Is it like, "lifting buildings with easeand smashing them into people", or just, "lifting a car with a bit of determination"?

And, since the demon is just out to "cause chaos and mayhem amongst civilizations", will it basically just fuck up anything and anyone it comes across, not just the one pissing it off?

Another thing I'd need a clarification on is the "many types of magic" bit. How many types? Everything but holy? Everything but holy and a few other magics?

Just trying to clarify a few things for myself.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:33 am

Mackalian wrote:
A few questions.

Just how much strength does he gain? Is it like, "lifting buildings with easeand smashing them into people", or just, "lifting a car with a bit of determination"?

Its basically lifting a car.

Quote :
And, since the demon is just out to "cause chaos and mayhem amongst civilizations", will it basically just fuck up anything and anyone it comes across, not just the one pissing it off?

The demon's main aspiration is to cause chaos and destruction, if it takes over then most probably it'll try to eliminate the individuals that released it in the first place but it won't go Godzilla on everyone.

Quote :
Another thing I'd need a clarification on is the "many types of magic" bit. How many types? Everything but holy? Everything but holy and a few other magics?

Just trying to clarify a few things for myself.

Dark magic mostly, it isn't nearly as protected against any type of holy magic. Other things in between will be 50/50 depending on what level they are and how experienced the caster is.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:31 am

Quote :

The demon's main aspiration is to cause chaos and destruction, if it takes over then most probably it'll try to eliminate the individuals that released it in the first place but it won't go Godzilla on everyone.

I would probably prefer it to be more of a random rampage than just selected individuals. No personal offense, but if you make it take out the provoking individuals first, it could be used as a ways of beating people up that you dislike OOCly. I don't know how you RP, so I can't tell wether you'd do this or not. But it's always a factor, no matter who it is.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:35 am

Well to be honest, if the person whom aggravated Jerry to that point is still standing in front of him when the demon takes over, he's going to get it no matter who he is. If the person(s) aren't there then the demon cant really rampage on them. Just common sense saying that the demon and Jerry do not share memories.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:37 am

Ah. Yeah, then it makes sense. Was just thinking so it doesn't go on a rampage, looking for the people who pissed him off.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:52 am

Does make sense, but in any case, when I said wings or tail, I meant instead of super human strength, but it's not my application, it's yours.

I'll throw an accept, but be warned, the main way of measuring a character's power in Olden is experience, and unless a veteran character you fight happens to have some sort of exploitable weakness or fear of demons, you might find yourself facing a character who happens to be -more- superhuman.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:06 am

I have no problem with that, it's not like I applied to be the "strongest dood evar" anyway.

--But, I dont want to see common wanderers or the like trying to fight off the demon with a stick, there's a difference in between an Olden hero and a new kid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jerry's inner-demon   Jerry's inner-demon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jerry's inner-demon
Page 1 of 1