Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kain Redwell - School Application

Go down 
+9
Fuzzy Wolfy
Zaku350
LawnJesus
PuPeT-KaI
Psycheandromida
B3SERK
Vinnie
Munroe
Kain
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Kain Redwell - School Application Empty
PostSubject: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:29 pm

Backstory:

Having retired from his usual line of work, Kain has been considering some alternatives for a more passive lifestyle. Working odd jobs and rebuilding the tavern each time it's destroyed becomes rather drab and tiring, after all. Having acquired a rather sizable fortune, a portion of which he has brought with him to help him get by, Kain went in search of any property up for grabs inside town, and stumbled across a sizable home.

On the one hand, he wanted his own place to stay, but on the other, he wanted to contribute in some way, as well. So, he found the owner and purchased the building for a hefty 8000 gold coins, and shortly after, found a carpenter. Another thousand coins went into several desks and chairs, along with a wooden board with a black coat of paint. Chalk, books, parchment, quills, inkwells, and a variety of other objects found their way into his possession as he used his a 10,000 gold budget to invest in all the necessary materials for his room and school.

As the days went by and all his desks and chairs were being prepared, Kain thought over exactly which audience he would be teaching to. With a shrug, he began work on the sign that would be hung over his door. Kain stared down at the crude thing with a little pride, and read aloud "Redwell's School of the Natural Laws, Magic, and Higher Learning." He figured that was vague enough to get everyone's attention.

Technical stuff:

The above was not RP'd ICly, it serves to point out how it would happen if this is approved.

Essentially, Kain buys a big house, splits it in half, turns one half into a small private-school thing. I'm seeing a lot of younger characters lately that are interested in learning things, but the only people that provide these services hardly get on their chars, so, I figure I'll do it as Kain. At the very least, it will give him something to do in the background.

Why you should approve this: Well, it doesn't matter either way, I'm just making it public so there aren't any misunderstandings later on.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Before I accept or deny this, I'd like to know where Kain is getting all of this money.

Kain wrote:
Why you should approve this: Well, it doesn't matter either way, I'm just making it public so there aren't any misunderstandings later on.

That doesn't fly. You apply, wait until it's accepted, and then you can have it. The app comes first.
Back to top Go down
Vinnie

Vinnie

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Where does Kain get all those doors? I broke one, and he had to fix it.
What are you, like, the Tavern maintenance man?
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:32 pm

The school is a great idea though.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Vinnie wrote:

I assume the lumber mill just outside of town is put to use.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:33 pm

Wood + Hinges/Nails = Door >_>

I accept, why wouldn't this be accepted? Chars can learn now, fortunately. :T
since almost all of my chars have little to absolutely no education xD
It's also a way to get IC relationships and rivalry's, if anyone would decide to show up.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:53 pm

I'll agree with Munroe on this one.

I'd also like to know what Kain would teach, too.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 9:01 pm

While it'll be only beneficial to the community, you've got to wonder where Kain gets all this stuff from, as said before me.

On another hand, it is a good center for RP, assuming people utilize it- The last school we had was an utter failure, mind you.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:10 am

Munroe wrote:
... like to know where Kain is getting all of this money...
+
Zaku350 wrote:
...got to wonder where Kain gets all this stuff from...

I'm surprised this is even a concern. Five years' time, with the addition of the ability to make other matter from energy/scratch, and the ability to go wherever he wanted, makes for a very easy way to stockpile wealth. I would equate it to Munroe's Black Tower in his In The Dark series, in which Truminum was used to make resources that could be thus traded for coin. There're really too many avenues to name. Point being: if he ever needed money, he would not have trouble getting it.

Now, I know at least one response is gonna be: Wait a second, Kain, If he had epic powers, why would he even NEED this money? Well, that's because anyone will tell you money is a basic requirement to function in almost any society, especially if you want to appear to be nothing more than a regular person and not have all the attention on you. Thus, back when Kain first received and began practicing these abilities, he hadn't reached that point of power just yet. So he'd begun collecting and stockpiling wealth for himself, and then when it came to the point where he no longer needed his large fortune, he just let it sit among his belongings.

Vinnie wrote:

Actually, I just stole that door out of laziness. Popped it right out of its hinges. Kain does not have an infinite supply of doors, It's really just a matter of convenience. I will probably replace the stolen one legitimately with actual time and effort. (No complaining, Mack, you were too slow in the first place.) And, yes, Vinnie: In practice, when the big bad villain (and co.) comes along to wipe Surna off the map, Kain is usually the one that puts it back on said map. ._.' EXCEPT for that one time he forced Zaku, Marcus and Garth to do it.

Quote :
That doesn't fly. You apply, wait until it's accepted, and then you can have it. The app comes first.

.........K. How about this reason instead: I think It's a good idea, and it actually is a, and since good ideas should be acted upon, and I'm gonna act upon said good idea.

LawnJesus wrote:
I'd also like to know what Kain would teach, too.

Uh, wow, good question, I'm not sure if I can put it all down. He knows a fair deal, especially due to the last five years. As far as magic and the world go, there are a lot of things he can teach, and only so much of it that he would be willing to teach. But anyway, the general curriculum would be like modern day school. It would focus on a mix of basic science and arithmetic, literature, general history, geography, and of course, basic magic. This stuff would all be considered 'higher learning' since it's more academic and scholarly, and less hands-on and applied, except for the magic. Obviously, Kain excels more in some of these subjects than others. There is potential for hiring others to teach, making up for anything that's past Kain's realm of knowledge.

There, how's that.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:05 am

I'll throw in my approval if only because I'm hoping this will encourage children characters that actually have to RP getting an education instead of being born-to-be-protegees.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:13 am

I am giving this my approval because it would be a perfect way to trap all the kids in one- I mean have them get an education!
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:15 am

I smell pedophile teachers...

GET THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES!
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:21 am

Kain Redwell - School Application 800px-simpsons_angry_mob
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:10 am

Kain wrote:
addition of the ability to make other matter from energy/scratch,

NERF IT.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:57 am

Kruggly wrote:
Kain wrote:
addition of the ability to make other matter from energy/scratch,

NERF IT.

Already did, go away.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Can Zaku teach sexual education, please.

Please.

Scrappy von Wigglesworth the III can teach sociology and history, perhaps economics.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:18 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Can Zaku teach sexual education, please.

Please.

Scrappy von Wigglesworth the III can teach sociology and history, perhaps economics.

Kain Redwell - School Application 607_sex_ed_fail

Quote :
"After his failed proposal for hands on sex education classes, the former health teacher at Oakwood High will be finishing his doctoral studies at the state penitentiary over the next 35-50 years."
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:19 pm

Zaku is not a pedophile.

And Zaku is not a whore, wtf. He doesn't do that.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:25 pm

You just contradicted your character on all single points.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:27 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Zaku is not a pedophile.

And Zaku is not a whore, wtf. He doesn't do that.

Nixon wrote:
"I am not a crook!"
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Zaku is just misunderstood. Sad((
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:44 pm

I'm guessing from the offtopic postwhoring that Kain's application is approved by the community?
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Well, I can't really say that I'm for or against. I see both pros and cons with it. But I can't help but think of the last time we had a school in Aeria. That was just horrible.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 12:31 am

Mackalian wrote:
But I can't help but think of the last time we had a school in Aeria. That was just horrible.

That's what I keep snapping back to. Plus there's the issue with the money.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:47 am

What happened the last time? I don't think I was around for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kain Redwell - School Application   Kain Redwell - School Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kain Redwell - School Application
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next