Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server Broke?

Go down 
+2
Krug
Scalene
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:36 am

Server broke for anyone?
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:37 am

Checking it out now.

Oh jesus what is this.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega
Race: Human

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:41 am

Yeah.

KAIN!
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:44 am

Yupp. The client doesn't load anything. It seems like it's trying to load something that it can't find.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:47 am

NOOOEESSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:19 am

10:15 AM - Kruggly: oh god the server broke jesus what is this
10:15 AM - Psyche: Again? lol
10:16 AM - Kruggly: Yeah
10:16 AM - Kruggly: rage
10:16 AM - Kruggly: Who's breaking this shit
10:16 AM - Psyche: well
10:16 AM - Psyche: Either the server host is of poor quality
10:16 AM - Psyche: or someone is constantly DDOSing the server
10:17 AM - Psyche: Judging from the fact that the server is always fixed by a restart (except for when Garry broke the animations), neither possility is much of a problem
10:18 AM - Kruggly: mack could fix it.
10:18 AM - Psyche: Oh, probably

Superking Psyche is off the case.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:25 am

It's not a ddos attack. DDOSing would make the server lag horribly and then crash. The only explaination is that something broke when Kain added some stuff to the script and now the script won't load for any number of reasons.

TL;DR: Nobody is attacking Olden. The script is broken.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Not to try and rush anyone or anything, but will the server be up soon?
Back to top Go down

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:29 pm

See, THIS is why I hate people fucking with the script. They usually don't know anything, and end up ruining all of it.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:49 pm

Quote :
See, THIS is why I hate people fucking with the script. They usually don't know anything, and end up ruining all of it.

Okay, Narran. Yell at Kain for trying to add some things that could very well contribute to RP and updating our script. But when you get mad, you just shut the server down for no good reason. Is that really fair treatment?

He's trying to fix it right now, and I'm trying to help to the best of my abilities. Maybe you should just stop being so hostile and let people experiment? Without experiments, we wouldn't have nearly as much advanced technology that we have today.
Back to top Go down

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:04 pm

Mackalian wrote:
Quote :

Okay, Narran. Yell at Kain for trying to add some things that could very well contribute to RP and updating our script. But when you get mad, you just shut the server down for no good reason. Is that really fair treatment?

He's trying to fix it right now, and I'm trying to help to the best of my abilities. Maybe you should just stop being so hostile and let people experiment? Without experiments, we wouldn't have nearly as much advanced technology that we have today.
And probably fuck it up even worse. Nothing's working.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:10 pm

How about instead of being a bad example for everyone on how to treat people who try to improve them, maybe you should not post at all? You're an admin. Be a good example, don't just go rage as soon as something breaks.

Serious now, Narran. You are just making me pissed by being like this.

"NUUUH HE TRIED DOING SOMETHING AND HE ACCIDENTALLY BROKE SOMETHING OMG HE FUCKING SUCKS"

For all we know right now it's a problem with the host having done something wrong when the client tries to download lua files.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Fixed. To a degree. There was a bigger problem lurking in the background that reared its ugly head when I tried changing the script, and it's actually a server problem, not a lua problem. Will look into it ASAP.

In the meantime: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CONDITION, DELETE YOUR DUA FILES. Meaning: garrysmod/garrysmod/cache/dua/ = goes untouched.

If you delete those, you will be fucked until I fix this problem. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:46 pm

Quote :
Fixed.

See, Narran. Faith and optimism are two stepping stones to a much brighter future.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Right, holding off on totally fixing it until tonight, when server is dead. Don't want to interrupt any rp that's going on.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Kain wrote:
Right, holding off on totally fixing it until tonight, when server is dead. Don't want to interrupt any rp that's going on.

Oh. So we can go on it now?

Any specifics on the actual problem at hand?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Server Broke? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Broke?   Server Broke? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Broke?
Page 1 of 1