Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Re: Power tripping.

Go down 
+4
Krug
Piotr1993
Psycheandromida
Kain
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Re: Power tripping. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:41 pm

http://aeria.omgforum.net/bans-unbans-f6/power-tripping-t3000.htm

Went through logs. My findings correlate with Munroe's. No records of Katy powergaming theft. One account of the character powergaming a stab, the rest was consensual rp, as Katy did not force any outcomes through her own emotes.

With very little effort, I can probably find the person that powergamed the first time, and logged, which I witnessed at the time. It definitely wasn't robo as I can check Robo's sf in my list, and they names didn't match. Will continue seperate searches to pull out the original powergamer's ID, character, what have you, for further proof.

To sum it up, this has been a big misunderstanding. Undo ban, kiss and make up, please.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:59 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Psycheandromida wrote:
I do not have you confused with another person, don't bullshit me. On that topic, don't tell me what to do, nobody wants to roleplay with a little piss-ant who thinks he's the shit.

I witnessed the character Katy powergame and I gave a warning. The character did it again and I have a kick. The third time he/she joined the player starts giving me a pseudo-intelligent rant, which seemed to give the impression that Robo thinks he's the owner of Olden and anything related to Gmod, so I ban for admin disrespect. I really don't care what you think about it.

How about I don't do the unban because Robo is bitchy and talks like the Fuhrer of the internet, then.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:27 pm

But that would be you being immature in response to robo being immature, even though he didn't do anything wrong.

Anyway, here it is for all to see. Bumped the size up and highlighted relevant points. You can compare the Steam ID's for yourself, they cleary don't match.

Quote :

01:31:07 STEAM_0:1:17149830: // Do it faggot.
01:31:08 STEAM_0:0:28493713: /me Steals one of the blades <-- Our 1st culprit, character Tammy Brown
01:31:09 STEAM_0:1:10598406: .// it has no purpose
01:31:12 STEAM_0:0:24985017: // NOOOOOOOOOOOO
01:31:13 STEAM_0:0:12323700: /ooc give us a min
01:31:14 STEAM_0:1:10598406: .// no god damn slugs in the bar
01:31:18 STEAM_0:1:17149830: // Tammy, that's powergaming. <-- Psyche, character Marius Shire
01:31:22 STEAM_0:0:5453606: [[ NO CHAR HAS A PURPOSE, KRUG
01:31:25 STEAM_0:0:20548484: // There werent even any blades
01:31:30 STEAM_0:0:5453606: [[ WE'RE FUCKING ROLEPLAYING

Quote :

02:36:31 STEAM_0:1:10598406: ...these mongrels, I tell you...
02:36:32 STEAM_0:0:1910021: /me jams a knife into Piotr's back. <-- Robo, character Katy Donner
02:36:35 STEAM_0:0:20905528: /me turns around at full epelt, keeping incredible speed as he chases the bandit.
02:36:36 STEAM_0:0:15899266: /y You robbed the wrong bar, mate.
02:36:45 STEAM_0:0:20548484: Ah, that guy robbed you earlier.
02:36:45 STEAM_0:0:12323700: /me gets stabbed <-- Peter, on Piotr, hapless victim as usual
02:36:52 STEAM_0:1:10598406: ...he did?
02:36:56 STEAM_0:1:17149830: // Katy, that is powergaming. <-- Psyche on Marius
02:36:58 STEAM_0:0:20548484: Yea, you werent here.

Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Also, this has led me to improve the script's logging system, so we get less of these misunderstandings. The logs will include SF Alias at the time and Character name in addition to steam ID's. Will also try to make it less messy, but don't expect much of that to happen.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:35 pm

So that excuses her from the one count of powergaming and the annoying pseudo smart admin disrespect?

Psycheandromida wrote:
How about I don't do the unban because Robo is bitchy and talks like the Fuhrer of the internet, then.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
from the one count of powergaming

One count, and he attempted to apologize before you kicked him.

Psycheandromida wrote:
annoying pseudo smart admin disrespect?

Sparked from dual misunderstandings, you're just as at fault as he is.

In short, yes, it does, because you were both in the wrong, and having known beforehand that Robo was not the first culprit, you wouldn't have kicked him before he apologized, which wouldn't have resulted in Robo getting smart with you because you mistook him for someone else.

Psycheandromida wrote:
talks like the Fuhrer of the internet.

Yes, but we don't ban Zaku and countless other Oldeners for the lack of social skills and etiquette, do we? That's what makes it the internet, afterall.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:14 pm

Whatever, do what you want. If the little smartass acts like a tool in my face again, he's getting another ban for admin disrespect.
Back to top Go down
Piotr1993

Piotr1993

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:31 pm

If I may add. I was the one getting stabbed, we made up with Robo and I forgave him. Plus the stab didnt really count so no harm done. Ive talked to him about the proper ways to "do a stabbing" for next time so the problem doesn't repeat.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:56 pm

Psyche wrote:
and talks like the Fuhrer of the internet

Psyche wrote:
Whatever, do what you want. If the little smartass acts like a tool in my face again, he's getting another ban for admin disrespect.

'Nuff said.

EDIT:

Psyche wrote:

That sentence in itself is just a contradiction. People have a right to be slightly irritated if they've been banned for this one tiny little thing which we all retconned.

No-one, however, has the right to act all supreme-monarchy-high-and-mighty about how someone speaks, unless it's a broad and serious issue - not some tone of voice that dents your ego.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:55 am

Quote :
Yes, but we don't ban Zaku

Excuse me? Why are you bringing me up in this?

I'm not the one going on a massive power-trip, now am I? Please, don't try and put me down, thank you. Whilst you're the one sitting on your rear, playing the role of an admin in a community you've been power-tripping in excessively for as long as I can remember. This whole thread is terribly ironic to begin with.

While I do support his unban, for the sake of making sense, you've got no right to bring me into this in the least.

Keep your snide accusations to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:01 am

Tee hee, look at all the flames I'm stirring up. That wasn't a serious comment, but feel free to take it as one. I will apologize for singling you out, though.

More importantly, the purpose of this thread is pretty much over, I only made it because the one in the ban thread was locked. Feel free to lock this, now.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:06 am

Kain wrote:
Tee hee, look at all the flames I'm stirring up.

You know, that's borderline trolling.
I wouldn't troll like this. Change is what we need to step forwards to a brighter future. Vote Krug '10.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:40 am

There really is alot of immaturity in this thread. Psyche, Zaku.
I'm probably chucking shit into the jet engine right now, but you're both being terribly immature.

Psyche, for first not being man enough to admit his mistake and move on. And then going "FINE BUT IF YOU TALK BACK TO ME NEXT PUNK, I'LL BAN YOU UNTIL YOUR FACE BLEEDS."
And Zaku, for going on a "YEAH WELL ATLEAST I'M--" field-trip and throwing accusations around himself.

And I dare even say Kain is being immature.

Quote :
Tee hee, look at all the flames I'm stirring up.

That's probably not the best thing you want to say when someone gets offended by something you didn't mean to offend with.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 10:15 am

I remember tammy brown.

some newfag, had both titles as 'refugee'.

not great at rp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:13 pm

What is wrong with you guys today? This is no way to act at all, we're supposed to be friends here.
Olden died before partly because of flaming like this, I don't want it to happen again.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Tee hee, look at all the opinions I'm stirring up.

I'm taking this all rather light-heartedly, so my bad if it came off as trolling. I just don't feel the need to put in effort if something seems simple enough to grasp without getting serious and overly careful. At the end of the day, my opinion of Psyche won't have been any lowered because his reaction was pretty normal, regardless of right or wrong, and I won't blame Zaku, even though he keeps blaming me for things, because he's... Zaku, no better way to put it. AND, I won't tell Krug to stop campaigning in my threads, even though I really want to (Shameless advertising!) because he's such a nice guy.

Nar has the right idea.

gorramit stop campaigning =(
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:02 pm

it's a fucking game yo.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:05 pm

hi kam

sorry, but your contribution to the thread didn't win today

thanks for playing!
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:14 pm

no, really, it's a fucking game. not a sport.

i kinda gave up on fighting in rp as a whole due to the fact it's based on trust, and i don't trust anybody on the internet. so i just kinda just play.

in fact, i did once propose the creation of a standarized fighting system to stop powergaming and overpowered, but it was apparently denied because "it takes your freedoms". dunno about you, but 5 minutes of arguing per 5 second of fighting doesn't sound like a good application of freedom to me.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:21 pm

I remember your suggestion, vaguely. But I don't remember what I thought of it.

And well, I guess people feel more free if they have the ability to argue against each other.

But really, this thread has no more point other than an incoming shit-storm from all known directions.

Oh, and Kam, a personal tip:

In fight RP, be prepared to give as much as possible. Let your character be beaten half to death if you must. Just try pleasing the other party as much as possible, while still trying to teach them not to powergame if they are.
That way they'll respect you and learn at the same time.
It's what I do with Marcus. Marcus gets in a fight, he's going to seriously injure himself and end up being defeated, even though he could take on an entire nation by himself.

After all. It's just a game. And games are only as fun as you make them.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:23 pm

Mackalian wrote:

Oh, and Kam, a personal tip:

In fight RP, be prepared to give as much as possible. Let your character be beaten half to death if you must. Just try pleasing the other party as much as possible, while still trying to teach them not to powergame if they are.
That way they'll respect you and learn at the same time.
It's what I do with Marcus. Marcus gets in a fight, he's going to seriously injure himself and end up being defeated, even though he could take on an entire nation by himself.

After all. It's just a game. And games are only as fun as you make them.

naria has never, and will never be able to, win a fight. but that's not something to be really proud of anyway.

i just dislike rp fighting anyway, boring as fuck. i prefer the interaction.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Well. Everyone has their own personal preferences. Sometimes I just make up excuses to get out of fights because I'm too lazy to actually type out it all, so I'm kind of semi-like minded on that one.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:

i just dislike rp fighting anyway, boring as fuck. i prefer the interaction.

Agreed on this point. Continuous fighting is boring and pointless without some development and depth to characters.

Light-hearted fights are the best. If only I had logs of the fight Kain and Marius had.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Quote :
AND, I won't tell Krug to stop campaigning in my threads

I do not campaign in your threads... do I?

VOTEKRUGVOTEKRUGVOTEKRUGVOTEKRUG
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Time for some much needed closure, eh?

I made a big mistake and until now, made a poor effort admitting it. I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re: Power tripping.   Re: Power tripping. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re: Power tripping.
Page 1 of 1