Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Azrael Dorman

Go down 
+10
LawnJesus
Mack
Phry
Scalene
Psycheandromida
Kain
thorogoodd
Pat
Gambit
McCutcheon
14 posters
AuthorMessage
McCutcheon

Character sheet
Name: Ian McCutcheon
Race: Human

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:54 pm

Themesong:
N/A

Birthplace: Killerand
Skill: Alchemy, Summoning, Medicine.
Alchemy - While he did attend his town's alchemy for two years, Azrael has sustained several traumatic moments when it comes to alchemy including the death of his parents from his brief testing of the liquidation of apples in which the apples imploded. His style of alchemy functions by a alchemic circle with either one single symbol in the center or, if there are multiple effects, the dominant symbol in the middle and minor symbols surrounding it. The more symbols or the greater the effect, the more power is drained from the alchemist. While darker magic may use less energy in some cases, it burns the alchemist out in the long run quicker than a light alchemist.
Summoning - Azrael is more familiar with summoning than anything else and, therefor, is more aware of its dangers of bringing a demonic being into another realm. Summoning is essentially the same as Alchemy except it usually consists of a bigger circle and is more dangerous and increases the odds of the summoner burning out. Azrael has only used summoning outside of Killerand once to save himself from bandits.
Medicine - Having been the first thing taught to him in his school, Azrael respects the teachings of medicine and is very experienced in the field. While he mostly goes with Alchemy, he uses some more modern, conventional approaches to medicine as was shown in his makeshift hospital during the plague.

Biography:
Born in Killerand, a village hidden between the Korrigan Forests in which wolves and elves hold the majority and the Mariwell River, Azrael was like everyone else striving to be the top of his class. In Killerand, things ran a bit differently from other villages when it came to education. As the people were highly affected by the elves, the rules were that you either learned magic or you were left for the wolves. Learning simple symbols in grade school, he entered summoning school for four years than alchemy school for two before he got tired of the naive attitude of teachers who only taught him healing magic. After his Taleka, or principal, learned of this he was exiled to the forests where wolves and elves hounded him to the Mariwell river. After crossing it, he walked through town after town, learning the darker side of magic. By the time he reached Surna, he was often referred to as the "Alchemist of Darkness". While this title was accurate with his preference, he had often shown kindness towards people and used light magic to help others. When he reached Surna, he examined the sick, setting up a hospital for the plague victims as he helped them recover from the sickness, meeting several including Ti. This is where his story starts.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Favored Enemy:
Favored Weapon:
Deity: Mystra
Current Task:
- Help find a permanent cure for the Plague
- Find a real job, possibly with the Vitamancers
- ???
- Get rich.

Picture:
Azrael Dorman Avatars
Spoiler:
His directory of alchemy symbols

Last edited by McCutcheon on Sun May 23, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Spoiler that large image, and that is Zayl.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:00 pm

THAT'S ZAYL YOU BASTARD
Back to top Go down
McCutcheon

Character sheet

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:01 pm

fixed ftw
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:12 pm

That's Bane.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Quote :
Current Task:
- Help find a permanent cure for the Plague
- Find a real job, possibly with the Vitamancers
- ???
- Get rich.

Step 3 ???
Step 4 Profit

But we all know the third task is really getting a date with Eleanor.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:36 am

These skills are iffy because;

Alchemy and Medicine have been abused a lot recently, and have been used to ass-pull healing potions and other very convenient potions, in which people NEVER EVER ROLEPLAY THE SIDE EFFECTS. Take a look at the side effects for a basic healing potion.
possible side effects wrote:
- Fatigue
- Extreme Pain
- Loss of Consciousness
- Cancer
- Death
Fucking Cancer.
http://aeria.omgforum.net/information-olden-library-f7/fundaments-of-alchemy-with-annexed-potionary-t2252.htm

And summoning has been abused in the past somewhat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you will abuse, I'm just saying these abilities are easily abused and workaday common. What I want YOU to do is, simply expand on the abilities, add a short description to each power, explaining its limits, requirements, et cetera. The basic need to know stuff.

And change the character picture. That's Bane.
Back to top Go down
Scalene

Scalene

Character sheet
Name: Talia Vortega

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Didn't Talia give you the title, "Alchemist of Darkness"?

Anyway, you're cool, and I say accept as is. He managed to single-handedly get about two hours of plague-based roleplay with this character.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Anything that speeds up the end of the Plague event, i'm 150% behind.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Quote :
two hours of plague-based roleplay with this character.

http://aeria.omgforum.net/approval-f9/read-this-or-be-banned-t1510.htm
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:39 pm

I actually like the plague event being long. It gives people something to RP, collectively even.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:15 pm

Psyche, the "Cancer" side-effect is more of joke, though you could RP it if you really wanted to.

But yeah. Kain implemented a rolling system. Use it for potions. It's not as complicated as it looks when you actually do it.
Back to top Go down
McCutcheon

Character sheet

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Updated the pic again and I really hadn't checked the forums other than the link Munroe put up in chat while we were RPing, so I hadn't noticed Justine's topic until then.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Dorman? I have family with that last name, lol.

And, I think it's a pretty cool character-- and for christ's sake, let off on the 'applying' thing- nobody cared in the past, new members shouldn't have to apply to just try the damn server, how do you expect to get people to stick with the community, if you rub some silly application into their face when they try to just play?
Back to top Go down

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
And, I think it's a pretty cool character-- and for christ's sake, let off on the 'applying' thing- nobody cared in the past, new members shouldn't have to apply to just try the damn server, how do you expect to get people to stick with the community, if you rub some silly application into their face when they try to just play?

I'll honestly agree, people are too stingy.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:28 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
Dorman? I have family with that last name, lol.

From my experience, RP is filled with people who only come on servers to grow their e-peen and "own" other players with powerplay and uber characters. We know some of these people. Applications ensure only dedicated and trustworthy people have access to those kinds of powers. It sucks, but consider the alternative.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:20 pm

Stingy my ass.

New players coming onserver to rp completely new characters is fine. It's when they start asspulling weapons, magic and talent where an application is needed.

Now about this character. Expand on the skills and this can be accepted in no time.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 12:52 am

Zaku350 wrote:
for christ's sake, let off on the 'applying' thing- nobody cared in the past, new members shouldn't have to apply to just try the damn server, how do you expect to get people to stick with the community, if you rub some silly application into their face when they try to just play?

We can't abolish, but we can be a lot less strict for the newbies.

Helps rather filter the Drakesons. @.@
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:16 am

We all had to apply. (MOSTLY) It's like going onto TnB and making ten people Civil Protection because they did some IC streetsweeping. Oh, and on a slightly related note, he looks kinda evil. And another related note, go to his directory of symbols, go down one from calcination and take off the words 'vino with wine'.

Win.
Back to top Go down
McCutcheon

Character sheet

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 3:04 pm

Note that if you have ever seen my character RP, he screws up a lot of spells. His works aren't perfect and for example, when Narran's apple guy wanted apple juice, Azrael thought it was a miracle when he managed to make it but accidentally made the glass shatter right after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Azrael Dorman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Dorman   Azrael Dorman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Azrael Dorman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: Characters :: Failed Characters-
Jump to: