Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.

Go down 
+4
Mack
Phry
Gambit
Blitz
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Empty
PostSubject: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:38 pm

The character you are applying it for: Vincent Dadoni
WHAT you are applying said character for: Specific guard uniform that's enchanted to grow/shrink in co-ordinance with him.
What the applicating items or equipment can do: Metal does the same protection as any other suit of Talibarian armor when small, when normal sized the metal doesn't really protect against much at all and is more of a commanding suit of authoritative armor.
Where they are going to get, or have gotten said items: Talibarian wizard at the capital, Vin sends A Call to Duty reward money to pay for it.
Your SteamID. durujrfjgbhaegjo;agawg not necessary.
Why you think you should have these items. Because I'm like the only guard that goes around in a leather tunic and pants, I look like a mook.

So basically that except a huge dude is wearing it.
Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. 206296-morrowindtrib_super

Last edited by Blitz on Mon May 24, 2010 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Could be neater, but really it is written as if it were a pain in the ass to make it look decent.
Otherwise this is okay.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:12 pm

Seems pretty cool, awesome idea Blitz.

Last edited by Reager on Sun May 23, 2010 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:18 am

Why are you calling him by his IC name >.>
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 1:22 am

Phry wrote:
Why are you calling him by his IC name >.>

It's an alternate nickname. Try not to shitpost.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 7:12 am

To be perfectly honest, I think the app's a bit too.. lacking.
Of what? Everything.

It looks unprofessional, and frankly it doesn't have that much info.

Quote :
Why you think you should have these items. Cause.

I'd say that's not really a valid reason.

If this had been a new player's application, we would've demanded alot more than this app currently is. I'm simply demanding the same from you.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Why you think you should have these items.

explain why that stupid question should be there in the first place and maybe I'll make a legitimate answer
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Blitz wrote:
Why you think you should have these items.

explain why that stupid question should be there in the first place and maybe I'll make a legitimate answer

Well if you said "I WANNA KILL EVERYONE", like hell we'd accept it. It is like asking "For what reasons should we let you have this?"
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Because it's like when job interviewers ask you why you're qualified. It's where you tell them why you think you should have it. Advertise yourself. Show them what you have that makes you worthy of the job. If you said "Cause" in a job interview, you'd get denied.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Causeicanz

Other than that, I Accept. Guard uniforms don't do anything but make it obvious that you are a guard, and thus, a target.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Why is he putting on his sunglasses? He's already wearing them. PARADOX

And Guard Uniforms do more than just look pretty, Kain. They're armor. Vincent is becoming an Iron Giant.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:22 am

Quote :
Guard uniforms don't do anything but make it obvious that you are a guard, and thus, a target.

Quote :
And Guard Uniforms do more than just look pretty, Kain. They're armor. Vincent is becoming an Iron Giant.

Maybe you didn't really notice;

Quote :
WHAT you are applying said character for: Specific guard uniform that's enchanted to grow/shrink in co-ordinance with him.

Here, let me make that a tad bit clearer;

Quote :
grow/shrink in co-ordinance with him

We're giving Phry hell to make his vampire redemption thing fit in with the lore, but we're just going to pass off a shrinking/enlargening armour as "fucking magic yo"?
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:07 am

I always figured the uniform bit was just the tabard. I mean, you don't really need anything more than an official tabard and seal to identify you as a guard. Besides, if you spread one uniform of armor over the surface area of a 45 ft tall giant, all density-related properties remaining equal in the armor, it would hardly count as armor.

As for:

Quote :
going to pass off a shrinking/enlargening armour as "fucking magic yo"?

With that logic, you should also be questioning Vincent's ability to shrink, which would make it nigh impossible for him to rp without it, what with Vincent being a 45 ft tall giant.

Honestly, I can accept this mainly because the process wouldn't be that hard to explain as there are a number of ways you could do it. Though, I do agree on one point: Blitz, stop being a lazy and show some effort.

k srs time r ovr
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:54 am

yes massa
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:07 am

Quote :
With that logic, you should also be questioning Vincent's ability to shrink

Never even heard of it. But now that I have, I need to question it. What the fuck?
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:23 am

You'd have to get some kind of guard banner made.

Armor don't come that big. I suppose being 45ft is enough anyway.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:20 pm

The armor wouldn't get thicker, it'd become less protection and more for uniform when he's at his normal height.

you guys don't realize that this isn't really a big deal, it's just so Vin can look like an official guard for once, cause the Talibarian guard uniform is bad ass.

okay, so there's a chestplate and a cool little T-faced armor helmet.

the rest is red robe-y shit.

Mackalian wrote:
Quote :
With that logic, you should also be questioning Vincent's ability to shrink

Never even heard of it. But now that I have, I need to question it. What the fuck?

Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. 298-3
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:45 pm

Quote :
you guys don't realize that this isn't really a big deal

I agree. It's not a big deal.

It's just that I want everything to piece together in the lore. If not for the community, for Pat, and all the other people who've worked so hard on lore, only to have it tossed aside and said "well it doesn't matter, we can just toss this little thing in without explaination."
Well, all these little things are currently amassing clans and banding together, and are becoming a large part of unexplained powers and items that has no real relevance to the lore, even though it would take maybe 5 minutes of talking to Pat or whoever else made the lore to make it fit in.

(Except for Phry's case, but that's because I wrote that lore, and I'm a fuckwit.)

It's simply me asking for a factual piece of information on how this shrinks/enlargens. It could be simple, as "magical energy copies the molecules of the metal it is made out of and pastes it in right next to them and weld them together, effectively enlargening it."

TL:DR;
It's just me wanting some information with a TINY bit of science and lore woven in it.

And I'm also a general ass, but that's chronical.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:07 pm

Blitz wrote:

Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. 298-3

o i c wut u did thar

Btw, am serious about that app. Make it look spanking.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:23 pm

Vincent has some sort of ring which is uhmm. Enchanted or something so as to shrink.

Hope that clears it up, Mack.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:01 pm

that is actually the uniform which with any mediocre observational skills you can see that it is 90% armor.

so uh, yeah, the armor gets easier to break and more vulnerable when he's his large form, so when he's a giant and wearing it it'd be more like a uniform that just commands authority (since for some reason people don't already listen to the giant when they tell them this or that is illegal). besides, a giant in that would be bad ass.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Blitz wrote:

that is actually the uniform which with any mediocre observational skills you can see that it is 90% armor.

so uh, yeah, the armor gets easier to break and more vulnerable when he's his large form, so when he's a giant and wearing it it'd be more like a uniform that just commands authority (since for some reason people don't already listen to the giant when they tell them this or that is illegal). besides, a giant in that would be bad ass.

Redo the application. This information should be in the main post, not when we ask questions.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:12 pm

boop.
laziness averted cap'n
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:19 pm

As long as it stays shitty, I deny this
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:25 pm

it's all detailed and stuff now bro, chill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.   Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vincent Dadoni - Guard uniform.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next