Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Piotr's New Armor

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Piotr1993

Piotr1993

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Piotr's New Armor Empty
PostSubject: Piotr's New Armor   Piotr's New Armor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:29 pm

The character you are applying it for(IT MUST BE YOUR OWN.) : Piotr Cyran
WHAT you are applying said character for. : Specially Engineered Leather Armor from Cole.
What the applicating items or equipment can do(IN DETAIL.) : It is a flexible yet strong material. The Material is flexible enough to perform basic acrobatics and is strong enough to hold back a needle shot (According to performance Cole gave when selling item)
Where they are going to get, or have gotten said items. : Trade with Cole. He gave him a fire breathing potion for the production of the armor. He has not gotten the armor yet. Nor do I plan on getting it anytime soon. But when he gets done with the armor I just wanted to have the application for it ahead of time.
Why you think you should have these items : Piotr is preparing for an expedition with Doctor Richard V. Foley onto uncharted jungles! (And may even die). So why not be prepared for it?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Piotr's New Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piotr's New Armor   Piotr's New Armor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:12 pm

There's nothing wrong with well-dressed corpses, indeed.

Probably doesn't even need an app, though i'm confused about it being able to absorb...needles?
Back to top Go down
Piotr1993

Piotr1993

Character sheet
Name:

Piotr's New Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piotr's New Armor   Piotr's New Armor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Phry wrote:
though i'm confused about it being able to absorb...needles?

And other dangerous items! Well you see, there is a sheet of metal woven into the armor which helps protect from the damage and absorbs the hit.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Piotr's New Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piotr's New Armor   Piotr's New Armor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:43 pm

It is able to take Needler rounds from a SPAR.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Piotr's New Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piotr's New Armor   Piotr's New Armor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:31 pm

I'll go ahead and contribute to this since this is a Cole-creation. Before I start, though, let me just remind you all: Cole is an engineer, not a smith. He engineers armor more so than he smiths it.

The armor relies on several inset sheets of steel (but of course, one can have this custom-tailored on request), layered over one another in sets from top to bottom of the armor, rested against, pretty much, a mud-filled sponge, the mud being composed of sand and some water rather than dirt and water. It's contained and sealed in a leather mesh with the more sensitive parts toward the inside. At the right ratio, moisture can strengthen a body of soil or sand by filling the empty spaces between molecules, and anything more than that will weaken the overall strength.

The armor holds up well against kinetic force and piercing attacks by distributing force, and weighs less than chain-mail or scale-mail with similar capabilities, but has the same drawbacks to other attacks as most leather armor. It's defensive features are also chiefly in the front and back. The sides are more susceptible to attacks of any kind. In addition, if the mesh is cut open or the seals are melted off, or for whatever reason the mesh is opened, etc, and the inside gets exposed to excess water, it would ruin the armor indefinitely, and Piotr would have to have to give it to Cole for serious maintenance.

What Piotr is referring to is Cole's somewhat famous 'Needler' round, the grapeshot that shoots 16 small needles rather than mini bb's for a devastating short-range attack. It makes full use of the shot's forcelike a shotgun's grapeshot, but has the neat feature of piercing or exploiting even the smallest cracks of someone's armor, and generally works on everything but plate.

To put it into perspective for -this- armor, the armor manages to stop it through various layers of force absorption and force distribution, though (of course, it'll still look really beat up afterward.) Note that this is only in the case of an attack directly from the front or back; the chance of surviving such an attack from the sides is far less likely.

The standard price for this armor is 100 gold when made with the cheapest materials. Cole made a special exception with Piotr in bartering for the potion.
Back to top Go down
Piotr1993

Piotr1993

Character sheet
Name:

Piotr's New Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piotr's New Armor   Piotr's New Armor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Thank you Kain for the save once more. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Piotr's New Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piotr's New Armor   Piotr's New Armor Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Eh. It was made by my character, I should at least offer the technical info.
Back to top Go down
Piotr1993

Piotr1993

Character sheet
Name:

Piotr's New Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piotr's New Armor   Piotr's New Armor Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Bump for Accept or Decline.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Piotr's New Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piotr's New Armor   Piotr's New Armor Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Looks fine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Piotr's New Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Piotr's New Armor   Piotr's New Armor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Piotr's New Armor
Page 1 of 1