Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The First Roleplay Setting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

The First Roleplay Setting Empty
PostSubject: The First Roleplay Setting   The First Roleplay Setting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Story

Journal Entry 34
June 22, Cycle 225
Communications Officer William Mason of the Arcabian Outpost Radrek

Yeah, sorry I haven't written in here in a while, been pretty busy lately with the new job. Yeah know, most of the time I think this outpost was created to specifically drive me insane from boredom. This area is pretty and all, but only on a very rare occasion would you actually see the sun out. Any other time it's rain, rain, and more fucking rain. Lately though, things have gotten a lot more interesting. See, since Radrek is located right smack dab on top of one of the highest mountains in Arcabian territory, we are a communications relay and interception center, so we often pick up broadcasts that whoever sent them probably wouldn't want us to hear. We deal with all sorts of shit, from laser beam relay to even shit as primitive as radio. We've even been able to hear what the aliens are talking about thanks to our newly acquired SUHCLT device. Funny, even with all of the technologically advanced species cluster fucked on this planet a lot of them still use technique's we lowly humans can pick up. I bet those arrogant pricks don't even suspect that we can monitor them. It's weird though that their messages don't seem to be heavily encrypted so that other high flying races can't pick em up, but whatever. I don't really give a shit. So anyway, usually the communications are about this and that, always arbitrary. Lately though, every other word in every communication we've picked up seems to be Saromak.

Yeah, fucking Saromak. Never even heard of the place till I did a little research. Apparently, it's this little mining colony set up by this small little Terran nation that splintered from Arcabia like a hundred years ago or something. They're called Idenia. When I first started listening in on the communications I really didn't know what was so special about the little shit hole[Saromak], it's smack dab in the middle of nowhere and probably a thousand miles away from their parent nation's capital of whateversville, though I think it's only like 50 miles away from some independent city called Turmalis. Dunno much about that place though.

Anyway, I didn't have any interest in the place until I started hearing some communications we intercepted from alien assholes in orbit round the planet. First thing we heard was a communication to the Omega Legion from The Hazenn. Yeah, the same pricks who still haven't returned any of our phone calls. Apparently, they were trying to get confirmation that a large cache of Etonium had been found. Yeah, Etonium. weirdest fucking natural element ever fucking found. Apparently, and I apologize for the nerdy lecture that's about the follow, it exists partially outside of our normal space time continuum and dips into this place called Hyperspace. I'm not really sure what that means, all I's know is that the aliens are all going ape shit over it. It can also be used as a catalyst for cold fusion reactions, so we're perty interested in it as well. Probably can turn water into wine too for all I know. Seriously though, some scientist could probably list hundreds of different uses, but fuck if I know them. All this shit sounds like something out of that old show Star Trek.

So yeah, as soon as we heard that message we contacted New Eden and told the powers that be about it. They said they'd contact Idene and ask them about the Etonium. Yeah, like they'd fucking tell us about it at all. I really was about to take this whole thing from the forefront of my thoughts after we didn't hear any news or any new transmissions about it for like a week, until finally, I heard the news that our government had made the Idene talk about their little dig. Get this, we had an old peace treaty with them from fifty years back some fucking genius pulled out of the archives at the Capital Building. There was a subsection on mutual resource acknowledgement that pretty much said that any resource sites found by either government would be disclosed to the other. After that, the Confederacy guilt tripped them into letting us mine there. Haha, fuckin A right? Wrong. The Idene agreed but only if every Terran nation was contacted about it. Yeah, long story short, the messages sent out to all the other governments were intercepted by a bunch of other parties and released to the public, and that was game over man, game over, for our dirty little secret.

Soon, everyone was fucking bitching at everyone else. The Idene were getting shit from their own civilian populace for not releasing the information they had and The Arcabian Confederacy was getting bitched at from the alien nations that she's allied with. Finally, to top off the shit sandwich, the high flying aliens started to make demands. Even though Etonium was already reportedly being mined by the aliens, this was the largest concentration ever discovered in such quantity, at least on this planet. First, the Hazenn contacted the Idene and finally decided to talk with us humans. They requested that they be allowed to join the dig. I've gotta admit, as much as I hate those guys , at least THEY asked nicely, so I'm not really that pissed that they were allowed in. The douchebags called the T'Ack'Mul were not as friendly. They demanded that we allow them access to the dig site or we'd be cast out. When we asked them why they hadn't done that in the first place before negotiating, they said it they didn't want to conduct a surgical strike unless necessary as a 'gesture of good faith.' Hehe, sure it was buds, though something tells me that I bet they didn't wanna fight an alliance between us and the Hazenn, but that's just me. Funny thing is that even after their threats I think we still let em in, just like that, as a gesture of our own good faith.

The ironic thing is that was back when things were pretty preaceful, but once it was discovered that there were shitloads upon shitloads of alien tunnels under the desert after a few mines had been dug, hoooo man. That stirred up some shit. At first, nobody really gave the tunnels any attention until the first artifact was dated. It was some sort of alien laser gun, kind of looked like a hair drier. Check this, it was over six billion years old. That's when things got interesting. "There was a race of beings six billion years ago who had laser weaponry? Holy fucking shit! They must be, like, god or something by now." Everyone said. Yeah, that got everyone's attention, and it seemed like after that every fucking faction on the planet wanted a piece of the pie now, but that wasn't all that was discovered. Only a day ago, a demolecularization device, or teleporter as I like to call it, was recovered. Yeah, more shit straight out of Star Trek. It was unlike anything the Hazenn asshole who was sent to take a look at it had ever seen. Where did it lead? Kudo. A few of our boys just went through bout six hours ago to try to find out what happened to the Tribulation. How do I know about it? Cus it was all over the fucking news. God the last time I saw the media hype over something so much was when there was an outbreak of Blue Fever. I just hope those boys make it back alright.

Today, it's been nonstop action. We've been up to our asses trying to sift through and decode all the messages we've been intercepting. Something tells me this is going to be one hell of a week.

The Setting and Goals

- Takes place in an arid desert like environment within a small Terran nation called Idene. The temperature can range from below freezing at night to fry-eggs-on-your-car hot at day. There are sources of water to be found but not many. The location of the roleplay is about 34N 56E, with the planet sharing relative mapping coordinates with Earth. It is located on the same continent as Turmalis and Arcabia. Head West and you'd reach the independent city of Turmalis. Head even further and you'd eventually reach the nation of Sparysias. To the and you'd reach the Arcabian Peninsula which contains many native race nations and The Arcabian Confederacy. Head North and you'd reach the Great Planes after a while which contain many native alien nations and a few non-native alien bases and colonies. If you were to head South about a hundred miles you'd eventually reach an Ocean. (I really need to make a fucking map)
- Many factions have moved into the area. The town of Saromak has offered to become a neutral ground and to house many of the factions. Fighting within it is not permitted by local authorities. Also, the only true police forces will be of the Idene. Military forces of other factions may be present of course.
- The mining area itself is over fifty square miles in size. The areas we roleplay in however will have the highest concentrations of Etonium.
- Frigate and larger classes of ships are not permitted within the airspace of the mining site, for it could provoke a war. Smaller classes such as freighters and dropships are permitted but discouraged.
- This particular story takes place precisely 225 years after the initial landing of the Alexandria.
- The story will focus around the mining of Etonium, the eventual discovery of a unique life form, and the study of alien artifacts. Of course, the story may change as we go along, and side storylines not focused around those three things are encouraged.
- The map area is quite large, so vehicle usage is heavily recommended.

Last edited by Jackxter on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:31 pm; edited 37 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay Setting   The First Roleplay Setting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:14 pm

Hope I presented all the custom races in the right light. If anyone spots a plothole or a grammatical error.

Last edited by Jackxter on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay Setting   The First Roleplay Setting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:45 pm

**Static**

"--**growl, grunt, click**, nnmaugh gramafakh! **click, grunt.**"

**Another short burst of static while the SUHCLT adapts for a moment.**

-- "To the artifact site has been declined, General."

"What do you mean, -declined-, officer?"

"The Arcabians declined our demands, General."

"I heard what you said, but I didn't quite understand. They declined?"

"Correct, General, the Arcabians refuse access to any other nation, human or otherwise."

"This is unacceptable, UNACCEPTABLE. What did you say to them?"

"To allow us entry in a gesture of good faith."

"..."

"General?"

"Officer, you have just been discharged."

"What?!-- No--" **Pulse rifle discharges and a roar of agony.**

"...His successor, whoever you may be, you are now promoted. Approach the communications array."

"Yes, General!"

"I will not tolerate idiocy, Officer. I hope you realize this. Now, get on the global Legion frequency and alert the regiment, have them mobilize and await for my order. Make contact with Krkk'Za and report our status to them."

"Yes, General, I will not fail you!"

"Ofcourse you won't, Officer."

**Static.**

Back to top Go down
Mr.Magoo

Mr.Magoo

Character sheet
Name: Ishaaar Naiwee
Race: Mindflayer

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay Setting   The First Roleplay Setting Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:29 pm

EPIC.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay Setting   The First Roleplay Setting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:27 am

Updated with moar stuff.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay Setting   The First Roleplay Setting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 5:00 am

Oh god this is brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Roleplay Setting   The First Roleplay Setting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Roleplay Setting
Page 1 of 1