Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kicker Cutleg

Go down 
+3
Phry
BloodStream
cptkickercutleg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet
Name: Kicker
Race: Human

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Aliases: Captain Cutleg (due to past rank before departure from gangs)

Current Residence: Mobile

Faction: None
Subfaction: N/A

Birthplace: Turmalis

Biography: Kicker grew up in a rough neighbourhood, his only relative being his grandfather who saved him from the fire which burnt both his birthplace and parents to cinders. He grew up on the crime-ridden streets of Turmalis, where he obtained his name early on, due to the fact that he would often kick his downed opponent to see if they were truely unconscious, often getting involved with the police on behalf of the various street gangs, despite this, his grandfather defended him in all matters, lawful or unlawful, becoming Kicker's unofficial guardian angel, his gun, called Charlotte out of memory of his wife who passed away during child birth, being the main weapon of defence, and, when things got too tough, offence, when Kicker missed out on "protection payment" he was brutally assaulted by crooked cops, incensed, Kicker's grandfather swore revenge against those men, handing Kicker Charlotte, with a few words "Just in case I don't come back, take her and run".

Kicker didn't listen, he knew that even if his grandfather succeeded, they'd both be tracked down and killed, instead, he turned away from his grandfathers words and sank back into the shadows, joining various less than benevolent gangs, robbing people, stores, even military bases at one point, it was after this that he was employed by the mob boss himself, the very one that had ordered him to be beaten. The job was this, a heavily needed supply train was coming in from another continent, the city was consuming all the small continent had to offer. He was to rob it. Along with the best in the business, this would be easy money, enough to get out of debt, enough to leave the city, enough to do what he wanted.

Obtaining enough money to get the hell out of dodge, and hiding Charlotte, his most prized possession, the majority of his money, he turned himself in, saying he bugged out before the others came back, during his time in prison, he amassed a small fortune of knowledge, where to find the best contracts, where the gun dealers with the REALLY good stuff were, and so on, after his release, after all, he had bugged out before he had done anything REALLY bad right? At any rate, he soon left the city, setting out for his fortune at the innocent age of 15, since then he has made himself a general nuisance to anyone with a large bounty on their head, by no means the best, he is still a formidable headhunter, plying his trade where he could, he made enough to just about make his way around from place to place, looking for danger, excitement and trouble, anything to get his hot blood flowing, even taking on the anti assassin role, which was things started going well for Kicker, he was employed by a wealthy man by the name of Douven Staul, of StaulCo, a charity supposedly bent on helping victims of the raids performed by Amblic renegades on Hazenn colonies. However, though the thin walls of the charity's HQ, rumors began to spread, Douven was not helping the victims relocate anonymously, he was helping the Amblic euthanize them, removing them as a threat to dominance.

Enraged, Kicker confronted Douven at gunpoint, asking if this was true, if there was no honour left in the world, Douven stood and looked out of his top floor window, contemplating this. Kicker didn't need to hear him say it. "I quit." were the last words Douven heard before being kicked through a pane of ferroglass and falling thirty stories to the hard ground. Appalled, the public cried for his blood, and his blood he would give them, through bullet and knife wounds, Kicker decided his honour was more important than where his next meal came from, with new conviction, he has started along a new and unknown path, excitement flowing through his veins as he crawls inch by inch towards the place of his upbringing, so that what happened to him, would happen to nobody else ever again.

Personality: A vindictive man, spiteful of those who have not earned his trust and impulsive in his decisions, however, to those that have, often by saving his life, or even just buying him a drink when he's having a rough time, he is extremely trustworthy, if not downright predictable, usually jumping into a fight he knows he cannot win to protect those who he calls "friend". Grunts in reply to most questions, hides from oppresive sunlight, seeking the sweet shade of friendly trees and cool comfort of ponds or pools. Prefers to hide in shadows and leap into the fray if possible. Easily angered but easily appeased, mood swings still feature heavily in Kicker's personality.

Appearance: Peculiarly Greyish skin and bloodshot eyes are hidden behind his polarised visor, his olive drab armour and usually, the scope of a gun.
Spoiler:

Weaponry and Equipment

Weapon Name: Charlotte
Weapon Description: a seemingly old weapon, but meticulously maintained, it has served Kicker well, his connection to the gun seems to steer the gun towards his opponent and so, with his odd ability to pull of amazing shots at long range, regardless of where they were when the gun fired, the gun Kicker uses more than anything else is, consequently, Charlotte.
Swep: H&K UMP45 with Red Dot Sight ( http://www.filefront.com/17288171/cptncutleg.zip )
How your character received this weapon: His preferred weapon in short to medium range gun battles, he received it as a gift from his departed grandfather.

(if need be, I can substitute this for an Arcanian Battle Rifle as per the character creation update, I can always replace the model and sound to make it my weapon :p)
Accuracy: Pinpoint
Recoil:0.5 due to Kicker's muscle reflexes, he barely ever notices the recoil anymore.
Damage: 45
Ammo: (extended clip) 50 9mm rounds

Equipment:
SLCS (Standardised Light Combat suit) an enclosed suit of armour that includes a HUD as well as offering moderate protection from ballistic gunfire around vital points. It is very lightweight, and limits movement very little.
3 medkits
3 extra extended clips of 9mm ammunition
2 air filtration mask replacements
Suit repair kit

Theme song:
"Animal I have become" by Three Days Grace
Spoiler:

[Edit: download for player model under the appearance image (thanks Kali!)]

Last edited by cptkickercutleg on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:28 pm; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:49 am

Why is everyone bastardising the Amblic?
They're peaceful isolationists, they don't want to attack anyone. D:

Also, what kind of a name is Kicker? Cutleg, I'll accept 'cause it's a surname. But Kicker?
Other than that, bio seems like a generic spiral of badness that you find in most evil characters.
Secondly, you haven't mentioned how your character received his personal weapon in the bio. Simply saying "He received it from his departed grandfather" isn't really enough, write a bit about how he feels about the weapon after his grandfather died, what his relationship with his grandfather was like, and how old he was when his grandparents died.

Do that and I'll approve of this; I don't see any reason why not.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 8:54 am

I was at a bit of a loss for story behind the character, so I asked if I could link in a bit with Kali's character, just a bit of background lore to set the scene if you will, besides, I quite like the thought of a bad guy turned good rather than the other way around :p

As for Kicker? it was the name of my favourite Morrowind character, the only one I've ever had on Oblivion and various other websites, it's become who I am online. Its easier to play someone you know Wink

Better?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:58 pm

Nothing wrong with the name. Seems a bit harsh to pick him out on that.

It's sorta punchy.

Though being an old weapon, it should have no advantages over modern weapons, the only advantage perhaps being that he knows the gun so well he's perfectly calibrated to the recoil, and can reload alot faster.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Kicker could be his nickname... I just don't see a parent naming their kid "Kicker".
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:23 pm

Exactly, Munroe.
What parent names their child Kicker?
Maybe his name was Kieth, or Kyle, or something else beginning with a "Ki" ish sound, and he liked kicking stuff. Kicker sounds like a more appropriate nickname.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Ahem... My name is also odd, what's'it to'ya?

But yes, I approve this character.
Back to top Go down

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:35 pm

KICKER, BAHAHAHA, WHO ON EARTH NAMES THEIR SON KIC---
Accepted, if it counts. >_>
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:57 pm

i could very muchly see a hillbilly family calling one of their sons kicker. and the other puncher. and the other stabber. and the other shooter. and the daughter kisser.

also the bio is pretty long, and it's a fairly detailed app.

and the song's pretty good. i actually used that as a theme for a previous character, but i changed it.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Phry wrote:
and the song's pretty good. i actually used that as a theme for a previous character, but i changed it.
Song? What song? o_O
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:56 pm

3 medkits.

One for every member of the team.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:59 pm

I think the name is fine.

Frank Zappa named his kids Moon Unit and Dweezil

Take a hike motha fuckas
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 pm

BloodStream wrote:
Phry wrote:
Song? What song? o_O

The theme song right at the bottom.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Obviously bloodstream didn't even read the thread. For shame.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 am

Oh.
I normally stop paying attention after the biography, the rest is usually redundant stuff.
My mistake.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:06 am

Now all we need is a girl named "Puncher".
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:55 am

Is this better? I changed the description so that it said his connection with the gun steers his aim un-erringly, rather than the gun aiming itself ^.^
Back to top Go down

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:45 am

cptkickercutleg wrote:
Is this better? I changed the description so that it said his connection with the gun steers his aim un-erringly, rather than the gun aiming itself ^.^

Call yourself Vegas, then you can have an auto-aiming smg. Just don't forget the sentry gun and welding torch mm'kay?
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:47 am

ViralHatred wrote:
Call yourself Vegas, then you can have an auto-aiming smg. Just don't forget the sentry gun and welding torch mm'kay?
its not self aiming as it never seems to miss at what its being aimed at (kinda like a lucky shot) and I'm NOT changing my name :p
Back to top Go down

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:01 am

cptkickercutleg wrote:
ViralHatred wrote:
its not self aiming as it never seems to miss at what its being aimed at (kinda like a lucky shot) and I'm NOT changing my name :p

It was an Alien Swarm reference. I love you
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 11:39 am

never seen it >.<;
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:00 pm

but itsssss freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Nobody dissaproves of this apart from the name, so i'm approving it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kicker Cutleg Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kicker Cutleg   Kicker Cutleg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kicker Cutleg
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Archive :: Thread Basket :: Characters-
Jump to: