Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Fang"

Go down 
+13
PuPeT-KaI
Omap
Zaku350
Pat
Krug
Zappericus
Reanimated
Munroe
Markka
Fuzzy Wolfy
Phry
thorogoodd
Piotr1993
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:03 pm

-

Last edited by PuPeT-KaI on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:08 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
Decline, same reason as Mack and Omap, and also because:

1) I shouldn't be one to say this, but you have enough characters. Yes, I had a shitload, but now I only have four. You have, what, 5+? I don't even see you on server.

2) Not being very original. The names of the dArtist's OC's are in the pictures, and you just used the same ones. You could've just cropped the picture or just whited out the names and made them something of your own thought, instead of just ripping them from a random stranger.

I hate to point fingers.

but you're guilty of both of those, A LOT.

You use the same name of the characters from which you derive your pictures from. Ciel, for example.

If Fuzzy wants several characters, let her, christ - You don't have to RP with her.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:09 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:

1) I shouldn't be one to say this, but you have enough characters. Yes, I had a shitload, but now I only have four. You have, what, 5+? I don't even see you on server.

2) Not being very original. The names of the dArtist's OC's are in the pictures, and you just used the same ones. You could've just cropped the picture or just whited out the names and made them something of your own thought, instead of just ripping them from a random stranger.

1) My computer is fried until August 24th, thats when my new computer is supposed to arrive. -and though I have many characters, there is no limit as long as I RP them all, and ask anyone I know, I do.

2) Being creative with a name... Well, Fang is suiting for a half-man, half-wolf character, no? Just because it's in the picture, doesn't mean I can't surpass an oppertunity to save myself 5 minutes of opening up an editing program and thinking up another random nickname.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:13 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:

To me these three reasons (1 being Mack and Omap's) aren't valid reasons to deny someone's character.

It's quite original considering it's not a character from a series of any kind or a famous person.

I don't see anywhere on the forums that says there is a limit of characters, correct me if I'm wrong.

And it doesn't seem like an 'overtly cutesy' wolf-man thing to me, it seems like another version of Kazuth's to me.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the character overall.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Since when did I make this char to be "cutsy"... It's a dog version of a kazuth. If anything, Hayley and Sera were made to be "cute", and they worked out pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:23 pm

thorogoodd wrote:

To me these three reasons (1 being Mack and Omap's) aren't valid reasons to deny someone's character.

It's quite original considering it's not a character from a series of any kind or a famous person.

I don't see anywhere on the forums that says there is a limit of characters, correct me if I'm wrong.

And it doesn't seem like an 'overtly cutesy' wolf-man thing to me, it seems like another version of Kazuth's to me.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the character overall.

If this isn't an overly cute generic wolf-boy, I'm made of fucking wood. the reason that it seems like another version of Kazuths' is because Kazuth's ARE an overly cutesy cat-man thing.

Replace cat with Wolf. HOLY SHIT SEE WHAT I DID THERE?
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Quote :
Replace cat with Wolf. HOLY SHIT SEE WHAT I DID THERE?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT DUDE IT'S MAGIC
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:39 pm

THUNDERCATS.
AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:53 pm

-

Last edited by PuPeT-KaI on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 7:56 pm

You people are idiots.

You don't have to RP with her, if you don't want to. Otherwise, stop bitching.

The character is perfectly acceptable, it's not overpowered - so just shut up.

And OA, just be quiet. Your being hypocritical, and Fuzzy is allowed to role play outside of the server, and is allowed to use the server's forums to put up her characters. I never put you down for making more then one character, even when you had about a hundred, so shut up. Don't call me a hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:05 pm

-
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Calm down, don't get your damn panties in a knot.

Just leave the thread, there's no need for your input if you're going to start putting people down. We get it, you don't like Fuzzy. Fuzzy's done nothing wrong, and her character is perfectly acceptable, so just be quiet.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:20 pm

If a character is being denied due to personal OOC bias then I truly worry about all of us.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Okay moving on.

About the skills, define heavy and light weaponry, please.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:47 pm

I'll be blunt.

The only real weapon he knows how to use is a stick and rock, basically whatever he finds out in the wild. Give him any sophisticated weaponry like a dagger or claymore and he will basically just try to use it like a stick, not taking into account weight differences and such.

Light weaponry would be easier to handle considering the light weight, but the range would be much less obviously.

He has however, mastered fighting with his hands and teeth. So most likely that's what he'll be using most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Zaku350 wrote:
You don't have to RP with her, if you don't want to. Otherwise, stop bitching.

Yeah, actually, we do- our characters don't have to interact, but she's(?) on the server, RPing among us.

Zaku350 wrote:
The character is perfectly acceptable, it's not overpowered - so just shut up.

Ah, so being over-powered is the only grounds on which to accept or deny a character. I'll make a talking muffin now. He can't fight, so he's therefore perfectly acceptable.

Kruggly wrote:
If a character is being denied due to personal OOC bias then I truly worry about all of us.

OOC Bias? How about the gaping hole in our canon that's been created by an ass-pulled race of dog-eared people that hasn't even existed up until this character's creation, and was shoved down our throats by one admin?

Fuzzy Wolfy wrote:
Since when did I make this char to be "cutesy"... It's a dog version of a kazuth. If anything, Hayley and Sera were made to be "cute", and they worked out pretty well.

I'd really like to know, then, the reason you made this character a "dog-folk" when human would've worked just fine. What do dog ears do for the character? Do they add some kind of unique trait that's unachievable through any other means? And I'm not talking a physiological trait such as enhanced hearing, because you've already made it clear he has none. What could they possibly do to augment him as a character?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:05 am

Quote :
OOC Bias? How about the gaping hole in our canon that's been created by an ass-pulled race of dog-eared people that hasn't even existed up until this character's creation, and was shoved down our throats by one admin?

It certainly wasn't my intention to shove it down anyone's throat. Yes, the Canis did not exist before now, and it was wrong of me to approve the idea of a race out of the blue. However, since both Narran and Fuzzy seemed to want a Canis character, I figured the demand was there to create another race.

That said, since the demand was there I was hoping to have them work with me to reconcile the lore. Perhaps by, like I said before, linking them with the Kazuth.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:18 am

Quote :
I'd really like to know, then, the reason you made this character a "dog-folk" when human would've worked just fine. What do dog ears do for the character? Do they add some kind of unique trait that's unachievable through any other means? And I'm not talking a physiological trait such as enhanced hearing, because you've already made it clear he has none. What could they possibly do to augment him as a character?

I don't know about you, but a human with a heightened sense of smell and hearing is kind of weird, when it's part dog, you can atleast see why that's remotely possible--...

Wait, woah... Gaping hole in canon? I'm sorry but Kazuths have been here for quite a while and abused until they were classified as sex-starved kittens. The same thing but with dog parts and dog traits will not fuck your roleplay over and kill Olden. I doubt Marcus or Thorn or Eleanor will suddenly fall to their knees and scream to the heavens about how their past is a lie because people with cat dog ears exist. Nor will anyone... If anything this isnt even a bigger deal then when I applied for Katie whom was the first Kazuth in a while (not including Zaku since he's been around for ages).
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:27 am

Is it just me or does OA seem to hate Fuzzy for no apparent reason.

Snipping out your posts afterwards is pretty retarded too >.>

Nevermind.

I don't see what the problem is. Dog folk doesn't hurt anyone, their existence doesn't affect anything majour in the plot, and the specific character is only slightly move dangerous than an average unarmed man.

To be honest Munroe, you need to relax a little. It's Fantasy RP. People (within reason), should be allowed RP whatever they wish. As long as it doesn't overstep any of the three things i just stated in above paragraph, what is the problem?

And pat isn't just one admin, he is sorta the head admin.

Last edited by Phry on Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:12 am

I agree with Phry, dog-folk might be something newly introduced but it wont be drastically changing anything, so what would be the point in restricting it? Probabally only restricting one's fun experiencing a new race in roleplaying. I think it should be accepted entirely considering there isn't a huge diffrence with this and the kazuth race, not like anything will suddenly change cause of it.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Mackalian wrote:
http://aeria.omgforum.net/information-olden-library-f7/important-read-t2501.htm

fucking hell people

The Kazuths aren't 'in the lore' right now, but they are an exception because they were there before and are having their lore modified, correct?
Canis have never been in the lore, and even if they have plans to be therein, it's as Mack stated above (Sort've).
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 1:57 pm

The catfolk aren't in the lore because nobody's taken the initiative to post it. I've got lore written up from MP, which is what I've been using personally since MP's creation. Canis have also existed, however, and have been a race for sometime. There have been several Canis characters since Geo's reign, but they've been sparse, and I guess nobody really took note.

But I'd like you all to shut up, and realize, it doesn't have to have a damn page to exist, otherwise, Aeria must be very bland seeing as we don't have an entire encyclopedia on everything that could possibly exist. Stop trying to deny a character on grounds you're just bringing up for the sake of doing so.

Because for one, I can go pick out a few characters with outlandish traits that aren't in the lore, that are accepted now. You're all trying too hard to find a reason to deny this character, because you hate the idea of a 'furry' - 'cutsy' whatever you want to call it, and some others feel it an opportunity to strike at Fuzzy.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 2:47 pm

Quote :
I've got lore written up from MP, which is what I've been using personally since MP's creation.

Post it. End argument. Job done.
Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

For Catfolk, not Canis.

And I've told Pat about it. He never got back to me. And I don't think I have it now on second thought, I just reformatting my computer a few weeks ago. :\
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Fang" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Fang"   "Fang" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Fang"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next