Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ariel's Deadly Deception

Go down 
+3
Psycheandromida
Munroe
Dama Oscura
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

Ariel's Deadly Deception Empty
PostSubject: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:33 pm

( Sorry for the snazzy name, I also had the ability ICly but I felt like I should app for it irregardless, this is for Ariel Aoki )

Background

It's just a stated fact that Ariel simply doesn't fight fair. She has no morals, no limits as to how far she'll go, and her egoistic and conceited self simply does not aid her cause. In the case she gets in a fight, she'll always go for the win. Further adding to that point that she didn't precisely have a happy childhood to let her develop sentimentally well like most other children, she tends to get into fights quite often.

Realizing that she's not a very strong fighter, and that genetics certainly didn't benefit her on that end, at least from her mother's side. She knows that if she wants to win, she'll have to rely on skill and wits over strength and endurance. So, she ended up seeking for new ways of cheating and dishonoring her large amount of enemies. The answer, of course, didn't come from a precisely pious source.

She was corrupted by an evil being, in exchange for her learning of the ability. Her inner demon brought her absolutely insane, coming to believe that her mother herself was a demon. She became sadistic and abusive, repeatedly attempting to kill family and friends, seeking refuge in the lowest stratus of society. It was not upon Kain Redwell's intervention that this corruption stopped. His doing, although fortunate, was not opportune.

The damage was done, Ariel became even more ruthless, reckless and conceited that she even was before. The only good thing she got out of the deal was a single skill. A valuable one, but nothing worth go crazy for. Literally.

Warm-Up

The warm up sequence it's perhaps too lengthy for this ability to have an actual effect in the middle of a battle, but some steps may be done beforehand.

• The spell must be weaved beforehand with hand gestures. The gestures are quite extensive, and require both hands to be used. If interrupted, the sequence must be restarted.
  • Her target/targets must be watching her cast the spell. Targets need not to see her weave.
  • The spell activates immediately as someone attacks her, that person becoming the target. In the case she attacks herself, everyone who saw her kill herself becomes the targets.

Conditions

• In order to maintain the illusion that she's dead for over a few seconds, her palms must be pointed at the designated targets.
  • The target must believe the illusion for it to work. The illusion ends as soon as the target realizes it's fake.
  • The spell will not work on targets who expect it to happen, thus effectively limiting it's use to once per battle, per person.
  • The only sense that is stimulated by this illusion is sight and sound. Touch, smell and taste must be simulated for the illusion to continue.
  • Unaffected spectators only see a faint purple smoke coming out of where the wound should be, and of course, would be able to see her perfectly.

Effects

The effect is obvious, the designated target or targets see her fall dead. The illusion is photorealistic, blood splatters, sounds and such behave extremely realistically, to the point that nobody not expecting it would not be able to tell the difference. The illusion will last as long as the target manages to believe it. To the target, the real Ariel will appear invisible, allowing her to either escape, or take advantage of her confused foe.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 pm

You've already used this before, and it wasn't nearly as complicated or as nerfed as this.

Also, I'm aware she got this from some evil entity or whatever, but still:

In Ariel's character thread you wrote:
Magic Power: None, due to her mother being a magical being, she cannot naturally produce magic, something that Ariel inherited.

If she can't produce magic, doesn't that make her completely unable to use it, regardless of its origin?
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:47 pm

I liked it the second I saw it being used on Eleanor, about a month ago. I appreciate that you applied for it, though, and it would sure make a fight interesting.

Also Marius helped with that intervention while Kain stood around looking pretty.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:10 am

Munroe wrote:
You've already used this before, and it wasn't nearly as complicated or as nerfed as this.

Also, I'm aware she got this from some evil entity or whatever, but still:

In Ariel's character thread you wrote:
Magic Power: None, due to her mother being a magical being, she cannot naturally produce magic, something that Ariel inherited.

If she can't produce magic, doesn't that make her completely unable to use it, regardless of its origin?

I deliberately nerfed it and changed it around, as to make it have more sense on a combat situation. Having someone just feign death all of a sudden doesn't make a lot of sense.

As for magic, you could say it's an innate skill. It's very likely that, like Naria, she was simply born with some sort of magical protection. Naria was not able to use her light burst skill until she realized that she had it. You could say that Ariel could have learned it without the need to make a demonic pact, then again, she's known for being incredibly impatient, and there ARE people out there who know what she actually is more than her.

Last edited by Dama Oscura on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:59 am

It was after Marius left that Kain actually went and fixed her. Everything up until then was a clever ruse designed to keep Marius from having a mid-life crisis.

And you say I never think about you.

Anyway, I've seen this in use, the nerfed version, apparently, and I'm okay with it. The details might be a little contrived, but the ability itself is perfectly fine. It's interesting, and not OP, thus, I like it. I have more to say, but it's late, so I'll save that for tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 9:02 am

What kain said.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Phry wrote:
What kain said.

If that's all you're going to say, don't bother.

Okay, I'll accept it.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 3:09 am

You know, I had more stuff to say, but I forgot all about it. *shrug* Either way, I don't have any real problems with this, so yes, accepting.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:50 pm

So, bump I guess.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:56 pm

I understand this, and it acceptable to me.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:54 am

Seems okay.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:36 am

Munroe wrote:
Phry wrote:
What kain said.

If that's all you're going to say, don't bother.

Okay, I'll accept it.

you're criticizing me for a three word answer, and you give a four word answer.

shut up, mun. k? >.>

i said what kain said becuase he pretty much rounded up everything i was going to say and repeating it would have been equally as useless.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Phry wrote:
you're criticizing me for a three word answer, and you give a four word answer.

shut up, mun. k? >.>

i said what kain said becuase he pretty much rounded up everything i was going to say and repeating it would have been equally as useless.

I made a post that asked Kam important questions about the app before the one you quoted.

If Kain said all you were going to say (and I highly doubt you were actually going to say much of that), then you need not say anything. You didn't even give this an accept or deny in your post.

Now then, I'm moving this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ariel's Deadly Deception   Ariel's Deadly Deception Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ariel's Deadly Deception
Page 1 of 1