Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SHOOTING TROUBLES: TROUBLESHOOTING

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

SHOOTING TROUBLES: TROUBLESHOOTING Empty
PostSubject: SHOOTING TROUBLES: TROUBLESHOOTING   SHOOTING TROUBLES: TROUBLESHOOTING Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:01 am

1) My FPS is way too low Sad

First of all, do you know what FPS is? Is it the frame per second count you see when you do net_graph 1, or is it just stuttering on the camera/movement or general lag? If it IS an FPS drop ( around 10-20 fps is quite low for Garry's Mod ), then close some programs you're not using. If the issue continues, consider upgrading your computer.

If it isn't, move on to the next step.

2) My camera/movement is stuttering:

This is a issue caused simply due to network lag. The problem is caused because you are simply not receiving data fast enough, and thus, when your playermodel/clothing/gear/whatever is drawn, it is not drawn at the position it is on the server right now, thus, it's like it skips a beat.

The solution is to experiment with your cl_cmdrate setting. Higher means more requests being sent by the second. I recommend setting this value to 70, but you can experiment with different numbers, see which one works better for your setup.

3) I don't like a feature Sad :

It's a shame that you don't like my script, specially since I've spent a long time coding it, so, first of all, fuck you. But moving on, if you enter the options menu, you'll find easy ways to change your settings so you can have a much better experience.

4) I REALLY DON'T FUCKING LIKE THIS / GOD WHY DID YOU DO THIS / I AM UNGRATEFUL!

Oh, don't you worry you whiny bitch! I know that you're not paying me at all and therefore I shouldn't listen to the way you talk to me because you're not my fucking boss. But hey, I'm way too nice to leave my script incomplete so:

If you wanna disable the camera as a whole use rp_useview 0

If you wanna disable the chatbox as a whole use rp_customchat 0 and reconnect.

And there you have it! But please, stop whining. Nobody wants it, I don't want it, the community doesn't want it, and you don't want it either. If you want shit to be fixed/done/changed, ask nicely, because, just so you know, I don't HAVE to do it.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

SHOOTING TROUBLES: TROUBLESHOOTING Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHOOTING TROUBLES: TROUBLESHOOTING   SHOOTING TROUBLES: TROUBLESHOOTING Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:55 am

you should have the command rp_useview 0 disable all vision

haw
Back to top Go down

SHOOTING TROUBLES: TROUBLESHOOTING
Page 1 of 1