Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)

Go down 
+3
Jack
Psycheandromida
Phry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Empty
PostSubject: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:05 am

**You turn the page of the strange, browning journal, wondering quietly if this book was really, infact, worth your coin. Not that, it was that much. The merchant did seem quick to be rid of it.... No matter. It might as well be read. Creasing out of the spine, you begin reading the first page.

Perhaps the most famous story in Talabarian folk-lore of the Limmikin is of the 'The Lady of the Forest'. It is a sad tale of a nobleman, just come of age, who is arranged to marry another lady of noble blood. Despite her beauty, he feels no love for her, as she is spoiled, and selfish. He would spend many a waning day on his lonesome, deep in the woods. One day, the nobleman, Lysander, comes across a beautiful white wolf. He watches the elegant creature pad across the forest floor, and marvels at it's regality, it's dainty yet firm steps. The wolf then turns, it's piercing blue eyes fixating him with a long stare, before it turns and disappears deep into the woods.

The next day, the boy looks for the wolf, but to no avail, eventually settling himself upon a log in a leaf-covered clearing. He recounts his woes to the winds, talking of how he is promised to a selfish brat of a girl, and how he longs to escape his life. As if his prayers are heard, the white wolf appears once more from the thick bushes of the forest. The boy is wary, yet somehow comforted at the same time, the wolf's presence calming him, as it's eyes bore into him. Suddenly, in his mind, there is a soft feminine voice. It calls out to him quietly, questioning him of the woes he has told the winds. He can tell this is the voice of the wolf, yet he cannot understand why. The wolf slowly pads towards him, and before his eyes, it slowly shifts into the body of that of a beautiful lady of the forest, her body bare. His eyes wide, the lady places a single kiss upon his lips, and whispers that he should meet her there the following night, the day before his proposed wedding. As he opens his eyes once more, the Lady is gone, and there is nothing in her place other than the chill wind.

That following night, the day before his wedding, Lysander sneaks away from the festivities and into the forest. Who should see him leave, other than his arranged wife, and she follows him into the woods. After him she goes, trying to remain quiet. He follows his hurried footprints in the forest earth, falling behind him, until he reaches a clearing. The footprints lead into the clearing, and they meet those of a wolf. However, the tracks of Lysander disappear altogether, and by the time she has reached the other end of the clearing, there is not one wolf's tracks...but two.

In confusion, she looks up, through the clinging leaves of the dark forest, and she see's two white wolves, standing together upon a rock, gazing out across the woods. She blinks, and they are gone.

The nobleman Lysander is never seen or heard of again, however, many a hunter have since then told tales of the two white wolves, seen together for a split second, until they disappear once more into the murky recesses of the wood.

Indeed a curious tale.

I have since discovered local artwork that corresponds to the story, it being named the "Lady of the Wood". The artist himself, also a curious fellow. Upon buying it from him, he seemed to drift off into the streets, and i did not catch a glimpse of him again.

I have done my best to recreate it, forgive my less than adequate sketches.

Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Shapeshift10

The Limmikin are, however, one of my most closely guarded secrets, as they as a people do not wish to be discovered either. I ask the holder of this journal to keep it secret, and keep it safe. Now, i will chronologically recount my exper-

**A huge ammount of the journal is missing from hereon in, whole pages seem to have been ripped out, the tiny tear flaps closer to the spine still visible. Again, your mind wanders to whether this was even worth the meager coin you paid.
You do, however, reach the last few pages, that seem to be mostly intact.

The Limmikin are only able to 'shift' into creatures that are living, and they have made an 'Imprint' on. This imprint involves making a mental connection with said animal, and once the imprint is made, so long as the imprinted animal is alive, the Shifter is able to assume it's physical being.

As far as i am aware, there is no limit to the number of imprints a Shifter can make, and no limit to the animal. They cannot, however, take the form of a human. It is seemingly too complex to imprint.

There is no limit to how long a Shifter can hold it's shape, however, once they fall asleep, they will return to their human form as they cannot hold the concious form of the animal.

**Upon closer inspection of the last few pages, while intact, it's mostly smudged and illegible. However you do pick out a readable paragraph.

-espite this, Shifters cannot use magic in their animal forms. It's impossible. However, while not in shifted form, they can weave magic as any normal human. This include-

**And much further on down the final page.

-his is not to say that it is something acquirable. Those born with Shifting are just that, born with it. It cannot be attained any other way, and this is why i believe it to be hereditry. Only certain family lines will carry this gift, and even fewer children within those families will develop it. It is for this reason they are a secret society, mostly staying close to other Shifters. However, there are some who prefer to dwell alone, and even those who dwell soely at one with nature, living amongst animals, and existing with the wildlife. They are usually refered to as Guardians, they respect the forest to the point that they have given up their lives to live amongst the animals, and protect the delicate eco-sytems. There-

**You slowly close the book, quietly reflecting on what you have learnt, as the busy murmer of the Inn once again assails your ears.

Last edited by Phry on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:14 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:06 am

Talked to Phry about this over SF and I approve.

Also one thousand posts.

Last edited by Psycheandromida on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:50 am

This looks fine. And a good change for once, after speaking to Phry about it on SF, and as a member of the community, I approve.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:50 am

Pysche, don't double post.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:06 pm

It's not both Psyche. :I
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:07 pm

I think I'll have to disapprove.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:07 pm

On second thought, approve.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:30 pm

See Pysche, why can't you be more like Gambit here and not double post >:l
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:20 am

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:11 pm

It's just my sugarlumps bump ba bump
They look so good, that's why I keep 'em in the front

All the ladies checkin' out my sugarlumps
The drive the ladies crazy

Back to top Go down
Zaku350

Zaku350

Character sheet
Name: Zaku Daikun
Race: ---

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 5:13 pm

I like this, a lot, actually.

And I love how you went about showing the information, kudos to you.

It's got my approval if it's all applied for.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:37 am

What do you mean "If it's all applied for"?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:40 pm

I like this. After talking with Phry, I'll go ahead and accept this.

Boobies are Satan.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 pm

my books smell like melonsssssssss

Anyone who wants to make a character with this race, not that i really expect anyone too, PM me or something, i may need to smooth out some details with you. The IC approach isn't always the clearest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)   Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skin Walkers (Shape Shifters)
Page 1 of 1