Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it just me?

Go down 
+4
Krug
Phry
B3SERK
Rutabega
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rutabega
Rutabega

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:19 pm

Is it just me that wouldn't mind seeing forestvillage again for at least a little bit? I dunno I was maybe thinking we should switch about between our three maps, since I believe they're all already loaded onto the server.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Would it still be surna? I've never seen forestvillage.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Of course it would. Forrestvillage,Mountainvillage and Lakeland are all Surna regardless.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:34 am

NEVER.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:44 pm

Forestvillage was quite awesome if I do remember. Had a great bar.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:13 pm

It had a certain atmosphere about it. Despite the town being square in shape and only having a guardhouse as opposed to a keep or castle it was plenty of fun to play on.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:21 pm

aaah, I remember forestvillage, while it wasn't our very first map, we had it the longest, I remember, before I got CS:S, walking about the town, sky all a-borked, and trying to make out what those missing models and textures were supposed to be... good times.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Wha you talkin' bout, what did we use before FV?
Back to top Go down

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Rutabega wrote:
Wha you talkin' bout, what did we use before FV?
Medievalfreespace?
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Oh christ that map was ass. I do remember we used FV for a while first then switched to medievalfresspace, god knows who though.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Hmmm... thought we used some map before FV, or somesuch, meh, w/e
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:14 pm

No, no. forestvillage came before that other map, and then you switched back to forestvillage, accordin' to my memory.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:06 am

Mountain village is mostly just a better version of forest village. We could change back to it some times just to keep it interesting. However, i don't think we should be changing around from lakeland to mountain village, because they're both so very different, and it sorta breaks continuality.

*two people RPing in the woods*
Hey lakeland mapchange guys!
"oh."
*shzommhm*
"there isn't a forest."

e: I'm not sure what i meant by ^ that

But i think my point was we have a huge forest in mountain village why don't we use ittttttt
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:30 am

And my point is why the hell do we even use mountainvillage when lakeland is a -far- superior map, especially since no-one uses the forest to begin with. Atm ICly the forest is infested with shades and to enter it is certain doom, so why even have a forest in the map if no-one can icly go in it?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 am

and why would randomly popping a lake onto the map help with any reals sea
sense of continuality?

its so sutpid

hurrr now theres alake we expcet you just be coool with that
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:10 pm

i though the problem was that lakeland was incredibly unoptimized.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:24 pm

No, it's that some people complain about the lack of a forest, despite the fact that when we -do- have a forest it's hardly ever used.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Rutabega wrote:
No, it's that some people complain about the lack of a forest, despite the fact that when we -do- have a forest it's hardly ever used.

we kinda can't use it right now.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:35 pm

We could use lakeland, or whatever the hell it's called, seeing as the forest can't be used right now. ._.'

(I personally would just love a mapchange every month or so, it gets bland when you know every inch of a map. :C)
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:36 pm

My point exactly, though even when we can use it it's seldom used.

Either way, I think we should cycle between the 3 maps periodically, that way you get the whole package.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Rutabega wrote:

Yes let's go from a seldom used forest to an unusable lake that covers 50% of the map.

that is smart.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:04 pm

It is when the rest of the map is far superior to mountainvillage.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Rutabega wrote:
It is when the rest of the map is far superior to mountainvillage, imo.

Yes, now your post seems to make sense.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:34 pm

You can't deny that lakeland's buildings and interiors are larger and more complex than a single box room as a good number of mountain's houses are. On top of that the inn's better, sporting more rooms, a bathroom, larger sitting area and a basement. Plus there's far less static buildings/areas as opposed to mountain. I think there's something like 6-8 static/mostly static buildings in mountain, in lakeland there's only two, and one of them is just mostly static and if we really wanted we could change that, because I've got the lakeland VMF and permission from Osk to allow any of you to edit it however we see fit.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:24 pm

I CAN DENY WHATEVER I WANT.

WHAT I CAN'T DENY,

HOWEVER,

IS THAT MELONS ARE THE WORK OF THE KINGS OF THE FALLEN ANGELS HIMSELF.

MARK MY WORDS.

boobies are the devil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it just me? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Is it just me? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it just me?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: General Discussion-
Jump to: