Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Animations!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

Animations! Empty
PostSubject: Animations!   Animations! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:22 pm

I just figured out a system to have lua based animation in game. So I wanna do animations with it.

Essentially we can have any sort of animation. In fact, I encourage you to do your own animations, use this: http://heavy.noxiousnet.com/boneanimlib_v3.zip
The animation editor is pretty simple to use, it's just "move bone, set bone". Essentially all you need to know is that sequences set you on a T-Pose, and gestures run once, and you shouldn't bother with anything else. If you wanna do like a mixed sequence with a gesture, just register all your animations and add it as a sub animation.

But if you don't have animating talents, then you can just suggest me an animation to do ( I won't do sexposes ). Some ideas that I had in mind were:

Unarmed Combat:
  • Punch
  • Block
  • Kick
  • Grab
  • Kung fu kick

Idle Animations with personalities (Like, angry idle, sad idle, stuff like that )

Swimming.

Sword slash, block, lunge.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Animations! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animations!   Animations! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Leaning. Different kinds of leaning, since so many people on here lean on some random surface, without it really seeming to matter what it is.
Back to top Go down

Animations! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animations!   Animations! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:04 pm

Last edited by VioletSerpent on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

Animations! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animations!   Animations! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:14 pm

VioletSerpent wrote:
I've... I've actually taken courses in 3D animation and have 3DSMax, so I know my way about it. Is it single-frame animation, where a person snaps to the position, or does it cover actually having someone lean against something?

All animations are just skeletal. Nothing fancy like inverse kinematics and crazy crap like that. The system uses transitions everywhere, so it's actually much easier to use than most animation programs, since it kinda fills in the blanks for you. It's pretty easy to use, I recommend you install it, just extract cl_animeditor to autorun/client, and put the rest of the files inside a folder you'll create within garrysmod/garrysmod/lua called "boneanimlib_v2"
Back to top Go down

Animations! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animations!   Animations! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:56 am

Last edited by VioletSerpent on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Animations! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animations!   Animations! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:16 am

Oh god if we had custom animations that would be like, immense.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

Animations! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animations!   Animations! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:23 am

VioletSerpent wrote:
Transitions? Sounds weird to me. Are you sure you're not talking about it simply having a small selection of frames?

It's keyframe based, with the editor filling in the interpolation between those keyframes. You know, like using tween in Flash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Animations! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animations!   Animations! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Animations!
Page 1 of 1