Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FUCKING BUGS

Go down 
+2
Munroe
Dama Oscura
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:23 pm

POST YOUR FUCKING SCRIPT BUGS HERE. NO BITCHING ALLOWED, JUST POST THEM. MORE THAN ONE? DO A LIST.

Code:

[list][*]FUCK
[*]YOUR
[*]WHORE
[*]MOTHER
[/list]

EASY AS PISS, DON'T WANNA DO A LIST?!!!FUCK YOU!!!

AND THEN SOME.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 8:34 pm

I've compiled this list over time, so you may have fixed some of these already. I'm sure you're also aware of many of these bugs yourself. But this is pretty much everything I've found wrong with the script, from my own experience and from other people's reports and complaints.

• Characters only save every 20 seconds. If you switch characters, die, or have to reconnect in between those 20 seconds, you lose any changes and must make them again. If characters saved every time a change was made, it would be easier and more efficient to change characters.

• The menu sometimes doesn't load, or doesn't let you exit out of it with the "Close Menu" button. In the former case, a reconnect is required to fix it. The initial spawn menu also doesn't load sometimes, requiring a reconnect.

• The menu often requires two pushes of F1 to open.

• The "Character Editor" often does not work when attaching gear. The gear disappears when rotating the camera, and seems to vanish a lot randomly. The gear system as a whole seems overly complex; I say just have a spawn menu with all available "gear" items rather than having to spawn the correct item based on modelname, find it from the drop-down list, etc.

• Select Character is just above Delete Character in the character selection screen. Risky, no?

• The character creation menu seems downgraded from the older version of this script. By that, I mean there's no Inspect feature where you can actually see all of that information people have put in. Currently it can't be seen anywhere else besides the character creator.

• Closing the menu does not close the scoreboard if it's still open. You must go back into the menu, close it, and close the menu again.

• The aim on all weapons is slightly lower than the crosshairs. This makes building and removing objects trickier than it should be. For event set-ups, this could be a problem.

• The eye angles are messed up, causing all eyes to be solidly white.

• The 1st-person body view and associated camera seems laggy and jerky.

• Some commands and features from our older script are missing, such as the @ shortcut for admin commands, localsound, globalsound, and noclip. Observe doesn't hide the admin's name, defeating the purpose of it. If you would like the old script, I can PM it to you.
    - !admin bring <name> and !admin goto <name>
    - !admin localsound <sound name> <pitch> <volume>
    - !admin globalsound <sound name>
    - !admin freeze
    - !roll <lower limit> <upper limit>

• People sometimes don't spawn with any weapons.

• Observe does not always toggle correctly. It sometimes can not be shut off.

• Flashlight does not angle up or down; it stays at a constant level. It also glitches when in noclip or observe, as do guns.

• Using !admin in the chatbox doesn't seem to work, at least with setting convars. I was unable to set oocdelay using chat commands.

• The custom chatbox has slow scrolling and load times; most people seem to simply turn it off. And it has glitched the /y and /w command, causing people to say things like </size> or </font> at the end of their sentence. The chatbox isn't necessary or useful.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Munroe wrote:

[*]Characters only save every 20 seconds. If you switch characters, die, or have to reconnect in between those 20 seconds, you lose any changes and must make them again. If characters saved every time a change was made, it would be easier and more efficient to change characters.

This is meant to be a lag reducing measure, considering that character fields are sometimes set very quickly, causing a LOT of stress on the server. Changes should save whenever you switch characters though. Timer reduced to 5 seconds.

Munroe wrote:

[*]The menu sometimes doesn't load, or doesn't let you exit out of it with the "Close Menu" button. In the former case, a reconnect is required to fix it. The initial spawn menu also doesn't load sometimes, requiring a reconnect.

This is a network buffer overload, causing the usermessage system to block itself out. I'm looking for a way to reduce the amount of messages sent at spawn, but there simply isn't a good enough way. The only solution I see available is to stream everything.

Munroe wrote:

[*]The menu often requires two pushes of F1 to open.

Caused because originally you could close the F1 menu by pressing F1 again. I quickly realized that turning on the cursor disables the keyboard. Fixed recently.

Munroe wrote:

[*]The "Character Editor" often does not work when attaching gear. The gear disappears when rotating the camera, and seems to vanish a lot randomly. The gear system as a whole seems overly complex; I say just have a spawn menu with all available "gear" items rather than having to spawn the correct item based on modelname, find it from the drop-down list, etc.

Recently fixed. This was due to the the depth buffer hack I used to make the white menu thing, that required a datastreamed table with all the gear entities used. I simply removed the white screen, removing the need for it.

Munroe wrote:
[*]Select Character is just above Delete Character in the character selection screen. Risky, no?

Double clicking will select the character immediatly. The delete character option also opens up another screen, to avoid accidental removal of a character.

Munroe wrote:
[*]The character creation menu seems downgraded from the older version of this script. By that, I mean there's no Inspect feature where you can actually see all of that information people have put in. Currently it can't be seen anywhere else besides the character creator.

Said option will be accessible soon as a subtab within the character editor. I left it in because it's good practice to think a bit about the character you're gonna make before creating it.

Munroe wrote:
[[*]Closing the menu does not close the scoreboard if it's still open. You must go back into the menu, close it, and close the menu again.

Haven't been able to replicate this error.

Munroe wrote:
[*]The aim on all weapons is slightly lower than the crosshairs. This makes building and removing objects trickier than it should be. For event set-ups, this could be a problem.

Trying to fix it but changing ONE number over and over to see which one is the correct angle isn't easy. I could always move the crosshair, but it would collide with thirdparty addons.

Munroe wrote:
[*]The eye angles are messed up, causing all eyes to be solidly white.

Engine error. Beyond my reach. Not willing to do a module over some eyes.

Munroe wrote:
[*]The 1st-person body view and associated camera seems laggy and jerky.

This is caused due to prediction. Most people would have had jerky movement anyway. I'll try to reduce the network usage of the script, which should remove some of the jittering, but I can get rid of most of it by adding a linear extrapolation on the CalcView code.

Munroe wrote:
[*]Some commands and features from our older script are missing, such as the @ shortcut for admin commands, localsound, globalsound, and noclip. Observe doesn't hide the admin's name, defeating the purpose of it. If you would like the old script, I can PM it to you.
- !admin bring <name> and !admin goto <name>
- !admin localsound <sound name> <pitch> <volume>
- !admin globalsound <sound name>
- !admin freeze
- !roll <lower limit> <upper limit>

They got accidentally removed on a script update, I'm adding them back in. Tiramisu uses a slightly different admin system so the commands won't work right ahead.

Munroe wrote:

[*]People sometimes don't spawn with any weapons.

Network buffer error, reconnect. Nothing I can do about it yet.

Munroe wrote:
[*]Observe does not always toggle correctly. It sometimes can not be shut off.

I have observe binded to a key, and I tend to turn it on and off a LOT. I don't see why this is happening.

Munroe wrote:
[*]Flashlight does not angle up or down; it stays at a constant level. It also glitches when in noclip or observe, as do guns.

Aim.

Munroe wrote:
[*]Using !admin in the chatbox doesn't seem to work, at least with setting convars. I was unable to set oocdelay using chat commands.

Added back in, will reupload soon.

Munroe wrote:
[*]The custom chatbox has slow scrolling and load times; most people seem to simply turn it off. And it has glitched the /y and /w command, causing people to say things like </size> or </font> at the end of their sentence. The chatbox isn't necessary or useful

Some like it, I'm leaving it on. Yelling and whispering is no longer glitches as of 3 revisions ago.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:00 pm

I think I might be the only one with this problem, but, when I open the scoreboard and try to click on a name, the tab won't open, and instead pop's up either character select or forum. It's been like this since the first script revision, for me, at least. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Forgot to mention the "sticky player" bug. Walking into other players causes them both to become stuck.

Also, a quick script for adding custom spawnpoints would be appreciated, just so people don't spawn into each other.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:24 pm

Fixed nearly everything I said that was fixable and that I haven't fixed already. I wanna test how much did the linear interpolation actually do to reduce jittering.

Also, added custom spawnpoints.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:40 am

So nobody's gonna comment on this?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 9:58 am

Quote :
Munroe wrote:
[[*]Closing the menu does not close the scoreboard if it's still open. You must go back into the menu, close it, and close the menu again.

Haven't been able to replicate this error.

I've experienced this specfic error myself.

Quote :
Munroe wrote:
[*]The custom chatbox has slow scrolling and load times; most people seem to simply turn it off. And it has glitched the /y and /w command, causing people to say things like </size> or </font> at the end of their sentence. The chatbox isn't necessary or useful

Some like it, I'm leaving it on. Yelling and whispering is no longer glitches as of 3 revisions ago.

-Some- like it, the rest of us are miffed off about how the chatbox cuts off the "Typing" function. Something that's just there to make the script prettier cannot outweigh an essential uhmmm....function.

Also a few Munroe didn't mention:

-The typing doesn't stretch further than the chatbox, so you're essentially typing blind.
-The "Typing" thing doesn't appear above some character's heads.
-There isn't an /it command, if there is, i've not discovered it.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 10:30 am

Phry wrote:
I've experienced this specfic error myself.

Fixed yesterday.

Phry wrote:
-Some- like it, the rest of us are miffed off about how the chatbox cuts off the "Typing" function. Something that's just there to make the script prettier cannot outweigh an essential uhmmm....function.

Fixed yesterday, I also said no whining. rp_customchat 0 and a reconnection disables it.

Phry wrote:
-The typing doesn't stretch further than the chatbox, so you're essentially typing blind.
-The "Typing" thing doesn't appear above some character's heads.
-There isn't an /it command, if there is, i've not discovered it.

All three fixed yesterday, well, 2 fixed, considering there has been an /it command since the first release of the script.

Last edited by Dama Oscura on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:36 pm

I'm waiting for more bugs.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:18 pm

I noticed that if you try to walk up or down a hill or stairs, it seems "bumpy", like if you try to walk down a hill, you seem to fall with each step until you've reached relatively flat ground again. Vice versa, walking up a hill or stairs seems sluggish. I don't really know how to explain it otherwise.
Back to top Go down

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:35 pm

Last edited by VioletSerpent on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:56 am

Yeah, it's the character that acts like that, not the camera. You notice it in 3rd person easily.
Back to top Go down

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:59 am

Last edited by VioletSerpent on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:02 am

Moving mouse moves third person camera...
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:04 am

Gambit wrote:

What's wrong with that?

Markka wrote:
Yeah, it's the character that acts like that, not the camera. You notice it in 3rd person easily.

Might have something to do with speed or with glitched collision. I'll try to fix it.

EDIT: Yep, it's animations. Fixed that, uploading now.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
Gambit wrote:

What's wrong with that?

Nothing is, I am just hoping people aren't retarded enough to learn how to move it so they can walk up stairs.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Tiramisu is now officially released, please direct yourselves here to post bugs:

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1009936
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FUCKING BUGS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FUCKING BUGS   FUCKING BUGS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FUCKING BUGS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: Development-
Jump to: