Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sacred Field

Go down 
+2
Kain
Pat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:21 am

The Sacred Field
The Sacred Field Kirlian+photo+of+a+palm

General Information
The Sacred Field is an incredibly dense matrix of energy that envelopes, permeates, and encapsulates a physical body, granting protection, animation, and immunities. The Sacred Field is at the core of all life and intelligence; neither could exist without the Sacred Field. The Sacred Field connects with and extends the soul; it is the soul.

The Sacred Field and Life
The vast majority of all souls originate in the vast, cataclysmic storm that lies deep within Aeria's heart; the World Storm. The formation of a child is not only a physical process, but also a deeply spiritual one. Through natural processes that occur for reasons that no mortal, alive or dead, or even most immortals cannot yet understand, energy from the World Storm gathers within the body of the growing child in a chaotic, unorganized sphere until, on the moment of birth, the child is imprinted with a vague replication of the mother's Sacred Field, which unites the varied energies within the child's body into the first rudimentary Sacred Field. The creation of an independent, though rudimentary, Sacred Field allows the child's body to hold form and act on it's own regard.

As a child grows, so too shall the Sacred Field, refining and growing along with the child. It takes nearly 15~ years for a Sacred Field to be finally said to be completed, meaning that children and teenagers will lack some of the advantages

oh damn, this one's a biggy. WIP because i'm a lazy bastard.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:15 am

Tch.

I really wanted this to go without overtly written lore so it could remain as one of those mysteries you come to discover on your own. Still, it's just one in a big chain, so Aeria may be ready for this much, I guess.

Well, good luck Pat, let me know if you need help.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 12:35 pm

The Sacred Field influences so many things that, when speaking to people during character creation, I'm forced to mention the Sacred Field every fifteen seconds.

"Why can't I polymorph?" Because Sacred Field

"Why can't my child character use magic?" Because Sacred Field

"Why can't I resurrect people perfectly from the dead?" Because Sacred Field

"Why can't I boil someone's blood/explode someone internally using magic?" Because Sacred Field

and ecetera.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Yeah, this is pretty much a must for magic-using characters.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 2:50 pm

People always used to complain to me how magic is overpowered and how I should get Pat to do something about it.

Inb4 people bitch about the sacred field.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:58 am

May the sacred field be with you.

This is still pretty bloody vague and mysterious. What you on about, Kain.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:39 am

mine can ;v
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:04 pm

Phry wrote:

mine can ;v

Yeah, but she SUCKS due to Age-Skill-Scaling for magic, which pretty much says if you're char can use magic, but is still underdeveloped, their magical abilities will naturally be lesser than an adult of the same skill level, and this varies depending on how young or old the character is. Again, it's all because of the Sacred Field
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:27 pm

egotistical remark: this is an idea of my own creation, kain did not help much in it's creation(directly)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sacred Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Field   The Sacred Field Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sacred Field
Page 1 of 1