Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deadly Winter

Go down 
+7
BloodStream
thorogoodd
Cptnobvious
Jackxter
Blitz
Kali
cptkickercutleg
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet
Name: Kicker
Race: Human

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:52 am

Theme Song: "Forgiven" by Within Temptation

Name: Deadly Winter

AI Type: N/A

Sex: Female

Physical Characteristics: A ball of mist that changes colour depending on her mood and stability, inside this mist is her form, a naked, sculpted form of pure ice. At times she walks the ship as a figure engulfed in a thick fog, essentially looking like a humanoid cloud.
Spoiler:

Height: Variable

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Biography: Tyrus's life's work, Deadly Winter is a new type of AI, constructing herself from a simple kernel of data, almost like an organic brain, she grew up by self improvement, not by being programmed to do so, and coded using a DNAPC, allowing the use of analogue code, it took years to code her kernel due to various experiments to discover how to get the desired effects, she was finished in the second week her maker was on-board the CFV Constellation, Tyrus assigner her a goal: Learn and Grow, be the best AI to defend the ones she loved.
She was finished on the CFV Constellation and was shortly after deemed a threat to security, she escaped the ship's system and lay dormant for a while, improving her skills in hacking with the intention to return to the ship to find her creator. She found his location with the help of Nathala (Who didn't know she was an intruding AI) and left the ship for about a week. She tried to rescue Tyrus from his exile on an unbearably hot planet, finding that most of the technology in the pirate base holding Tyrus, was completely mechanical with very little computer assistance and what little the computers were used for were unable to help her rescue him. She returned to the ship with the intention of hijacking the crew for her own purposes, however, she found new security protocols in place when she tried to take over the ship, she destroyed physical and digital firewalls alike and in the time it took, files containing a suggestion were put into the system. The suggestion was this:
"Help us and we will help you. Kai'Nara."
The Fleet Commander intrigued her. When she finally accessed the Constellation's system, she lay there unmoving, not causing any damage, only reporting her presence. She has was given minimal access to the ship via an avatar hologram projector, and is able to process visual and sensual data for herself for the first time in her short life, however, due to an accident with an intelligent virus, her core was corrupted and, with the help of Tykki and Marcus, she was able to restore herself, due to them having to directly interface with her AI to see where in digital space her data was, Marcus dove too far and transferred some of his memories and habits directly into her AI.
However, more recently, due to her growing emotions, and ability to hack any systems too close to her projector, her AI core was confiscated and stored in Vi'Dadni's office, where she is being monitored. She is so far, able to suspend the chat log programs for just under two minutes in order to keep certain information secret and has broken several limits put on her emotions thanks to her hatred for the Union Scientists.

Bourbon (unable to use her avatar to experience feelings presently)
Marcus Tyler
Tyrus Dalet
Any AI that is friendly to her
Butting into conversations
Intelligent conversation

Dislikes:
James Graves
Restrictions
Idiocy
Being interrupted
Being called a robot
Being touched inside her hologram, she calls it rape.
Being told she's wrong when she believes she is correct
Being hurt physically (Contact with her hologram may hurt her)
Being called a whore
The Union AIs
Anyone who thinks they are above her
Beer

Last edited by cptkickercutleg on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:57 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:56 am

um

Cer hasn't even ever talked to deadly winter

and why/how can she make "ice cold puddle"s and stuff that makes no sense

AIs walking around like Unyielding are holographic projections, therefore they can't wet themselves or create puddles. they can't magically pull moisture out of nowhere at all, let alone control the temperatures.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:59 pm

Kali wrote:
AIs walking around like Unyielding are holographic projections, therefore they can't wet themselves or create puddles. they can't magically pull moisture out of nowhere at all, let alone control the temperatures.

Holographic ice and moisture, I never said she actually manipulated temperature

As for Cer never speaking to her, was it Kali'Narraya then? I remember Marcus being told by one of your characters to leave a message for her.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:02 pm

you're as bad with names as jacker is if not worse

Fleet Commander Kai'Nara was the one who talked to marcus/her

and i've seen "**deadly winter makes a puddle of ice cold water on the floor" or something similar before, the whole idea of her making holographic ice and moisture is completely pointless.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:18 pm

you can't code a hologram to make cold.

derp.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Wow... I really hate to say it but you people are dumb. The ship's ceiling could be lined with holographic emitters. She could be interfacing with them to create watery puddles as she moves about. Makes sense to me. As for why she does it: Maybe the AI has a flair for the dramatic or maybe it's an unintentional bug in her programming manifesting as what looks like 'puddles'? If you care, you either are a dumbass or a troll. Go play in traffic.

8th Edit, bitches.

p.s. I like the music

Last edited by Jackxter on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:35 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cptnobvious

Cptnobvious

Character sheet
Name:

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:13 pm

What part of "science" are you not getting kicker, this is the second time you've done this to physics. Even I can't pull an explanation out of my ass for this one.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:44 am

Cptnobvious wrote:
What part of "science" are you not getting kicker, this is the second time you've done this to physics. Even I can't pull an explanation out of my ass for this one.
What have I done now?
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:12 pm

cptkickercutleg wrote:
Cptnobvious wrote:
What have I done now?

Making cold things with holograms.

You can't feel holograms, it's like standing in front of a projector. You can't feel the light but you can tell you're standing in front of it because you can see it. If someone projects a cold puddle on a projector you can't feel it, you can see it though and assume it's cold.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:38 am

I never said people could feel the temperature of her holograms, however, in certain rooms, she has access to the ventilation systems, these being the rooms and offices of Tyrus and Marcus, for "your own safety" she says.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:55 am

cptkickercutleg wrote:
I never said people could feel the temperature of her holograms, however, in certain rooms, she has access to the ventilation systems, these being the rooms and offices of Tyrus and Marcus, for "your own safety" she says.

Somebody put a Chaotic Neutral hologram in charge of the ship's ventilation systems?
Clever.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:05 am

it's funny because "DONT LINK HER UP TO ANY OF THE SHIPS SYSTEMS" was said by the fleet commander

and some people obviously disobeyed that direct order so i'm thinking impromtu court martials via sudden firing squad and/or spacings is called for

i swear to god you could put any five of the ship's crew in a room and their collective IQ still won't be a double digit number
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:48 am

Kali wrote:
it's funny because "DONT LINK HER UP TO ANY OF THE SHIPS SYSTEMS" was said by the fleet commander
Blame Unyielding. He gave her the ship's projection system to use. that's linked to the speaker system which is linked to the communications room which is linked to the surveillance room, which is linked to every part of the ship.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:04 am

the comms room isn't linked to the surveillance room.

and why would the surveillance room be linked to the rest of the ship, it's just for controlling and viewing security cameras.

the security system would be linked to the rest of the ship but the surveillance room wouldn't, and if she's linked to the security system then that's a massive problem
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 5:16 am

Kali wrote:
the security system would be linked to the rest of the ship but the surveillance room wouldn't, and if she's linked to the security system then that's a massive problem
Surveillance would be linked to security, which is Deadly's home, she can do anything with a security system, so:
Yes... Yes it is.

But you don't know this ICly :p nor does she control anything, because she's a nice person :p
[Edit] And also because she doesn't want to die.
[Edit AGAIN] This is because I don't want to ruin the game play, I only use her abilities to enhance the feel of the character, not to control others.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:59 pm

Actually I gave you one of Unyielding's mobile projector and sensors to use which are independent of the ship's systems.. I don't see the problem with her linked up to the ship's holographic systems nor security systems since a security AI has been needed for a while.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:32 am

cptkickercutleg wrote:
But you don't know this ICly :p nor does she control anything, because she's a nice person :p

"Nice people" aren't Chaotic Neutral.
Back to top Go down

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:07 am

BloodStream wrote:
cptkickercutleg wrote:

"Nice people" aren't Chaotic Neutral.
Being Chaotic Neutral doesn't mean you can't be nice. They're just individualists.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Being Chaotic Neutral does mean you can't be nice. Nice people are any of the Good alignments, and maybe lawful neutral (but only because the law requires moral standards). Neutral people usually only look out for themselves. A chaotic neutral person is so selfish he or she doesn't even follow any set of rules that contradicts their own views or interferes with their selfish pursuits.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 pm

I honestly dislike the whole alignment system. Too many ways to view it, and in the end it's too limiting a system.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:50 pm

I agree, I don't really use it anymore myself. But it can be useful in shaping your character's personality, at least offering a guideline of sorts.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 1:57 pm

A: Chaotic Neutral means they do what they want when they want, they can be evil, good, or even bi-polar
B: Updated the bio a bit.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:00 am

cptkickercutleg wrote:
A: Chaotic Neutral means they do what they want when they want, they can be evil, good, or even bi-polar
Munroe posted a pretty much perfect explanation of Chaotic Neutral. Neutral = Selfish. Chaotic = Doesn't abide by rules.
Would you consider a selfish rule-breaker to be a nice person?
And you clearly have no idea what bipolar disorder is.

And, I agree with Pat to an extent. It's really limiting if you stick strictly to the alignment you say you are, but, really, wouldn't alignments change depending on countless variables such as mood, their current situation, and their objective? I'm not saying they'd oscillate between Chaotic Evil and Lawful Good, but there'd definitely be a bit of variation.
The alignment system's just a good way of summarising a character in two words.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:52 am

Neutral doesn't mean selfish, it means that they don't care either way as long as it doesn't inconvenience her.

Other than this, updated the bio a bit and added more dislikes and likes.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:59 am

Chaotic means they do things that can be seen as self-ish, unusual, disrespectful, rebelious, etc etc... She may have been programmed with such a personality or developped one. I dunno.

Being neutral means they do these things not to be good or bad, which fits for an AI whom doesnt have to pick sides, she's programmed to be what she is.

Put 1 and 1 together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deadly Winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly Winter   Deadly Winter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deadly Winter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next