Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Go down 
+11
Markka
Sharq
Vinnie
Psycheandromida
Jackxter
cptkickercutleg
Blitz
BloodStream
Cptnobvious
Gambit
Kali
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE BANDS   BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:03 am

BloodStream wrote:
The thing is, from previous experience, they DO interrupt RP with /me's and moans. It's happened to me numerous times, which is why it pisses me off so much.
It's not just the fact that having the chat filled with dirtytalk and moaning, though. I'm not gonna name names, but back on medieval RP two regulars were doing it during an invasion.
It's bad enough when it's realistic. When there's bloodshed and slaughter going on just outside, it gets ridiculous.
As long as nobody lets me catch them doing it, nobody's gonna get banned.
But alright. Let's save the thread before it gets locked.

I can see what you mean here, and I do agree that on the server it's not cool, because it severely disrupts RP around them. If they hopped on SF though, it wouldn't really hurt anyone, now would it?

However, I'm glad to see that at least this thread didn't turn into a senseless flamewar. Now, go ahead and make a band and bring some cake. Oh, and Kicker, just as a headsup, I sorta think that your signature has the potential to offend some people involved in this ordeal, it reflects slightly bad taste, and I'm suggesting you to change it.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE BANDS   BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 8:25 am

Markka wrote:
BloodStream wrote:
The thing is, from previous experience, they DO interrupt RP with /me's and moans. It's happened to me numerous times, which is why it pisses me off so much.
It's not just the fact that having the chat filled with dirtytalk and moaning, though. I'm not gonna name names, but back on medieval RP two regulars were doing it during an invasion.
It's bad enough when it's realistic. When there's bloodshed and slaughter going on just outside, it gets ridiculous.
As long as nobody lets me catch them doing it, nobody's gonna get banned.
But alright. Let's save the thread before it gets locked.

I can see what you mean here, and I do agree that on the server it's not cool, because it severely disrupts RP around them. If they hopped on SF though, it wouldn't really hurt anyone, now would it?

However, I'm glad to see that at least this thread didn't turn into a senseless flamewar. Now, go ahead and make a band and bring some cake. Oh, and Kicker, just as a headsup, I sorta think that your signature has the potential to offend some people involved in this ordeal, it reflects slightly bad taste, and I'm suggesting you to change it.

Never once had it disrupt roleplay for me to be honest. The only problem I can really think with cybering in itself is if a new player were to walk in on something, cry wolf and leave. Since me's are local now it's not really a problem as much anymore. I say let people be themselves and do what they want as long is it won't negatively effect others. I can understand why some would be weirded out by the prospect of a male pretending to be female doing things to a pretend character, but in the end that's what it is: just pretend. Most of the people who do it in this fashion gain no sexual pleasure from it and really just do it for kicks or a laugh. It may be sort of juvenile or downright crude to some, but if they enjoy it then so be it.

And Psyche, Cybering isn't really a bad thing unless the drawbacks from doing it outweigh the benefits. I don't really see there being any drawbacks except for being viewed as weird. I hope the community will be above creating stigmas for it.

Besides, Kali has done that shit so I don't think there will be a ban against it anytime soon so it's pointless arguing about it.

And on topic:

No offense, but I'm not so sure about this battle of the bands thing. There's no real skill involved other then perhaps the making of instruments. The songs usually just turn into someone copy and pasting lyrics. Because it will be so boring someone will probably liven it up by setting everything on fire/blowing something up then hilarity ensures. Unfortunately, this would only be fun maybe one time before it gets old.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE BANDS   BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:04 am

Jackxter wrote:

Besides, Kali has done that shit so I don't think there will be a ban against it anytime soon so it's pointless arguing about it.

the difference is i don't do it in the middle of the server

and i WILL be banning people from ten minutes up to a perma if i catch them cybering in the server. perma is only if they keep doing it and are too stupid to get the point after multiple other bans.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE BANDS   BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Kali wrote:
Jackxter wrote:

the difference is i don't do it in the middle of the server

and i WILL be banning people from ten minutes up to a perma if i catch them cybering in the server. perma is only if they keep doing it and are too stupid to get the point after multiple other bans.

BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Thumbs-up
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE BANDS   BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Plus i'm taking what was told to me by psyche into account and i'm going to be fucking people over for not rping seriously.

since i know people can and some are just being idiots, so if they're not prepared to stop being idiots then they can get the hell out
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE BANDS   BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Alrighty, now for Thoro's small overview of the situation, just because I feel like getting involved and would like to know what is going on.

1. Kicker's sig is offensive and makes himself look stupid. Offense was not intended, but I'm sure it is viewed otherwise.

2. Cyber is bad.

3. Cyber is okay.

4. Kali has cybered before.

5. I'm sure pretty much everyone has.

6. My back is killing me.

7. Cyber is a bannable offense ranging from ten minutes to perma.

8. Hi.

9. My opinion on this whole thing is that yes, cybering in server is bad. But in no way is cybering itself bad. Like Jackter said, most people don't find it sexually appealing and just do it for RP's sake. That or most people don't admit to them finding it sexually appeal but still limit themselves to doing it for RP's sake. Anyways, people can keep it to SF, no one cares when no one see's it. Kicker apparently has a girlfriend, congrats to him. A lot of people have and/or have had girlfriends. It's nothing to brag about on the internet seeing as most people end up getting in a relationship of some sort at some point in their lives. That is my small ramble and slightly humorous post, hope you enjoyed it and gained some sort of knowledge from it.
Back to top Go down
Monkeyfisker

Monkeyfisker

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE BANDS   BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:28 pm

Heeey, I was in that band too, Kali!
I thought it was very interesting roleplay and got a good laugh out of it.
And cyber is fine, I don't do it but I'm not gonna spend my day judging people or spend time fighting over it.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE BANDS   BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:23 pm

BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Canband

hoovy can band?
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE BANDS   BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Cybering can't possibly contribute anything to character development, and is done for wank material. Seriously, an hour or two of typing "/me inserts penis" isn't going to develop a character. You seem to be confusing cyber with sexual situations, as in, two characters lying in bed after the act, or whatever (probably laughable) dialogue leads up to the act. This is not prohibited. The act itself is cyber, is explicit, and is not needed in the RP. So for fuck's sake, stop trying to dismiss it as character development and to justify it to everyone. Anyone who cybers either on Olden or in Eshira will be banned from Olden (as Eshira is not in my jurisdiction), and that's that.

Locked due to bickering and derailment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE OF THE BANDS   BATTLE OF THE BANDS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BATTLE OF THE BANDS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2