Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Industrial Revolution!

Go down 
+4
Kain
Jackxter
Rutabega
Psycheandromida
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Industrial Revolution! Empty
PostSubject: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:51 pm

***All around town there are fliers which read;

Quote :
Aeria is abuzz with news from Kerodil about a sudden growth in industry all over the isle, primarily in The Free Kingdom. The mass production of products and new inventions have been provoked by companies like Simmons Industries rushing to develop new inventions, and thanks to ingenious new uses for compounds and old technology excavated from the Western Isle.

Compound Metals are ores of two different metals combined by extreme pressure and heat deep below Aeria's surface, although some compounds can be formed by heavy machinery. Many new compounds are being discovered in Kerodil, so expect to hear news of such discoveries soon.

Because of the sudden boom in industry, certain products will be imported to lands of central Aeria that have strong trade with The Free Kingdom, Durender or Inferia.

Products like orbs of light, fashioned from Radium and glass are just an example of the inventions to come. Already merchants of Talibar are expecting Tempest Maces for law enforcement, Scroll Pistols, Merlin Bows, Wire Fists, Sky Dials, Steam Grenades and extending Shivs.

OOC: These are the basic points you need to know.

-Industrial Revolution slowly begins in Kerodil

-Several companies start to spring up, following in Simmons Industries' footsteps of mass production and invention

-All over Kerodil, old technology and new compounds are discovered, further provoking this age of mass production, not just Cole Simmons' work.

-Minor products and inventions start to become more common in most areas that have strong trade with Kerodil. Lightbulbs of Radium, Tempest Maces for law enforcement, Scroll Pistols, Merlin Bows, Wire Fists, Steam Grenades and extending Shivs are all slowly beginning to be mass produced, and will be the first of some products to meet the other nations.

-The great deal of compound metals provide many different ingenious uses, so this age of industry is barely revolved around the use of steam at all.

-Gunpowder still doesn't exist.

Not much else will change, so don't expect people to be walking around with steampunk tech. This is of course not a drastic change like in Fable 3, Talibar will not suddenly be riddled with factories. Other admins should feel free to contribute if they have other invention ideas that wouldn't affect the roleplay too much.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:10 am

OOC: We'll see if we can't undercut those foreign devils with low priced, locally made tempest maces.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:20 am

Way to delete my posts instead of addressing my points.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:26 am

I'd like to keep the debates that go nowhere in the Eshira section.

Talibar doesn't have factories springing up for two simple reasons. Because the new compound metals necessary are not as available in Talibar, and so this doesn't effect the setting too much.
Back to top Go down
Jackxter

Jackxter

Character sheet
Name: Judith Both
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:33 am

Psycheandromida wrote:
I'd like to keep the debates that go nowhere in the Eshira section.

Talibar doesn't have factories springing up for two simple reasons. Because the new compound metals necessary are not as available in Talibar, and so this doesn't effect the setting too much.

That's all you had to say in the first place.

By the way, how's that server of yours doing activity wise Smile.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:56 am

It's doing just fine.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:11 am

I will simply say

wat
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:29 am

Santaclaus approves of industrial revolution
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:11 am

ha ha
puny attempt by kerodil to be more like the occitanian empire.

but fear not, my friends, for there is nothing that can mass-produce useful goods like the okzitanischen kriegsmaschine.
Back to top Go down
Blitz

Blitz

Character sheet
Name: Herr Doktor
Race: Doktor.

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:13 pm

"Research; Engineering."
Take turn.
Take turn.
Take turn.
Take turn.
Take turn.
Take turn.
Take turn.
"You've discovered; Engineering!"

**Orchestrated crescendo**
"You've reached the industrial age!"
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Mackalian wrote:
ha ha

but fear not, my friends, for there is nothing that can mass-produce useful goods like the okzitanischen kriegsmaschine.

what friends

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Kain wrote:
Mackalian wrote:
ha ha

what friends

Very Happy

the "we want to set kain on fire" club

we have our own facebook group
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:27 pm

yes, well, that's why I'm fireproof.

In addition, I just want to address a concern some of you may have: One, this announcement may seem a little sudden, but rest assured, the industrialization of aeria will move smoother and a bit more subtly at first. No radical changes right off the bat, just know that it's coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Industrial Revolution!   Industrial Revolution! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Industrial Revolution!
Page 1 of 1