Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tyrus Velivorel

Go down 
+2
Kain
LawnJesus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:56 pm

Race: Human
Birthplace: Imperia (current)
Skill:

Longswords: 10/10 (-5 From Spell Tattoo)
[ | | | | | | | | | | ]
- Throughout his life, the longsword has been his chosen weapon. From his childhood of being trained through the fierce battles against countless enemies in countless wars, nearly every foe that has fallen at the hands of Tyrus has been done through a longsword.

Swordsmanship: 5/10 (-2 From Spell Tattoo)
[ | | | | | | | | | | ]
- Besides his mastery in longswords, Tyrus has a solid understanding of all of the basic bladed weapons the world has to offer. His skill in them though is quite poor because of his lack of training.

Hand-to-hand: 7/10 (-3 From Spell Tattoo)
[ | | | | | | | | | | ]
-Fighting without a weapon has also been taught to him by his father, and honed through training and war. While not yet perfected, it has been his secondary skill for when the time calls for it.

Perception: 5/10 (-2 From Spell Tattoo)
[ | | | | | | | | | | ]
-Natives of Durender are known to have an increased sense of perception when compared to other humans.

Spell Tattoo - Memory:
-While this isn't a skill, the spell tattoo located on the back of his head has covered up his past with new false memories. It was applied to make him a stronger solider.

Biography:

Tyrus was born into a family of farmers with only one sibling - a younger sister named Vivvian. Being the son of the family, he underwent a lengthy period of combat training, his father being the teacher. The purpose behind this tradition was to give him the ability to protect anyone, and possibly even motivate Tyrus to become a member of the guard just as his father and grandfather were. But, due to the Inferian occupation of Durender at the time, it was used to especially keep his family alive, should his father fall in combat to the Inferians.

Years have passed, Tyrus gained stronger and wiser to the art of combat, and the Inferians closed in on their homestead. Tyrus and his father spent their time driving away Inferians that attempted to separate the family. Many of them have died in the process, but they proved to be relentless, eventually forcing them out of their home and on the run. Running wasn't what was in is father's mind, and ended up being slain by the Inferian invaders, but not before taking down a number of them. Tyrus was then left to take care of and protect his mother and sister, who had both happened to inherit the magic in their family.

As the Inferians kept searching for people to contain based upon their magical potency and imprisoning those who didn't and executing or torturing them, Tyrus fended off the Inferians to the best of his ability. Anywhere he went he tried to take down any who stood in his path, to escape their harsh control. He had successfully taken down quite a bit before being overrun himself. Instead of being killed, the Inferians he encountered were more interested in attempting to apply their harshest torture methods on him, and sent him to be imprisoned. His mother and sister were relocated as a result of their magical "gifts", and kept alive. Luckily for Tyrus, he was imprisoned at the right time - just before the offensive by Aurelus had been mounted to fight the Inferians.

Tyrus had remained in captivity for a good few weeks now at the age of 20, until one night when a large amount of commotion rattled the prison camp. The forces of Aurelus had struck the camp and wiped out all of the Inferians that had been stationed there. The forces from Aurelus had recruited all of the able men in that camp including Tyrus to fight alongside them. Tyrus had taken to arms to fight against the Inferians, the evil that had plagued the Free Kingdom, with the same goal as the rest of his new brethren - eliminate as many as possible and remove them from the lands that are rightfully theirs.

The battle had raged on for a full year, and while many of his comrades fell beside him, he was fortunate enough to survive. The Inferians were ravaged by the soldiers of Aurelus and Durender and were forced to retreat to their homeland. Tyrus, now alone, had set up a new goal for himself - reunite with his mother and sister, provided they were still alive. This proved to be difficult for Tyrus, as their location was unknown to him.

Six more years had passed. Tyrus, now an adult at 26 and still displaced from his home in Durender, failed to find his sister and mother. Besides training periodically, he spent his time roaming the lands, searching for answers to the whereabouts of his family. He had finally returned to Durender once more, this time learning that his sister boarded a strange machine in Gikarta - a ship. He had also found that the boat commuted back and forth from Talibar to Durender, now that their isolation has ended. Though, from the news he had been given, he had feared his mother did not survive. He hurried to Gikarta and boarded the ship as fast as possible, hoping to find his sister in the strange lands known as Talibar.

Tyrus had arrived to Talibar with only the beat up sword he had used in combat and the clothes on his back. He had tried to combine work for money with searching for his sister, which turned out to be difficult. As time had passed, he still failed to find his sister. With the grief of his world crashing down on him, he turned to crime as a result. The long search for his sister had ultimately been brought to a close as he had delved further into it.

After 15 years of crime and work and the occasional search across Talibar, he had finally been caught by guards of Imperia as he had tried to enter. The guards took him in and forced him to become a soldier in the Talibarian Legion to fight against a strange race known as the Abesquillians. In order for him to be a more loyal to the Legion and fight harder, they had enlisted in the help of a mage to place a powerful spell tattoo on the back of his now shaven head. It ultimately turned him into a blank canvas for the Legion to use against the Abesquillians, causing him to forget everything he had known. The spell also planted memories into his head to prevent any psychological complications. He had followed the standard training routine of the Legion and became a clean soldier, ready again to dirty his hands in battle.

The battles had continued, and many soldiers lost their lives to the ruthless creatures. It didn't stop Tyrus from keeping himself alive from them, and yet again he survived a difficult war, especially because of a group of hired help that went on and destroyed the Abesquillian's home in the area. After the battle had been won, Tyrus headed back to Imperia to report in, where he faced some decorations for his bravery and gallantry on the battlefield. From there on, he resided in Imperia with the money he gathered from serving.

It was not long until he was called to duty again. This time, a very dark and evil presence had taken over and plagued many small civilizations and forests, eradicating what was there. He had been tasked with eliminating the source of what terrorized the area. He was sent in with a small amount of troops which didn't stand a chance against what they had encountered. After wandering alone, he came across a single woman with a similar goal. Her name was Alyssa, and they agreed to fight together to survive as long as they could. They had worked together until one night, when Tyrus went out to scavenge. He ended up alone, which resulted in his capture and imprisonment by the enemies. He found out they were actually followers of the goddess Shar. It was not until a few days later that he had been freed, thanks to another group of warriors who had gathered to find the woman he had worked with. The group had ventured into the tower he was imprisoned in and cleared the great evil that lie within. He was freed, and from there on he searched for any nearby town to possibly report into. After enough time searching, he came across the town of Surna.

Alignment: Lawful Good
Favored Enemy: His adversaries in combat.
Favored Weapon: Longswords
Deity: Tyr (current)
Current Task:
- Transfer to the guard (On-going)
- Settle down

Picture:

Tyrus Velivorel Crows_by_JasonEngle

I'll pretty this up at some point in time. Thanks to Munroe for all of his help with this.

Last edited by LawnJesus on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:27 pm

Needs some proof-reading, but it looks good. Good to see you finally finished it.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:42 pm

Currently gonna try to iron out the writing.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:43 pm

An actual, practical use of a spell tattoo, has my approval.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:32 pm

Bump.

Cleaned up the story a little.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 am

Tyrus, follower of Tyr.

Can't really wall of text on an iTouch but it has my approval for now.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 pm

That's from my character folder you bastard. Oh wait that's why I made the folder, for people to use.

So in a nutshell, this spell tattoo makes him weaker when it was originally supposed to make him stronger? Is there any way of breaking the tattoo?
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:08 pm

As far as the spell tattoo goes, it can be broken. I may sometime on down the read devise some way for him to be able to break it, but I plan on keeping it on him for awhile.

The spell tattoo diminished his abilities because it changed his past, meaning that the skills he was taught are gone, and he was retrained by the Talibarian Legion.

Munroe told me about your folder awhile ago, 'cuz I was sick of wading through Yaoi and other shit while trying to find a suitable character picture for a guy or girl.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm fine with the folder, it's just I appreciate people telling me about pics they want over SF in case I was planning on using the picture beforehand.

Anyways, I like the character, I can accept it. Does anyone have anything else to say?
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:06 pm

Ah, sorry about not telling you, then.
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:00 am

Apologies on the double post, but if this could be moved to approved (if nobody has problems with it) please? It would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:12 am

I accept.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:15 pm

Tyrus Velivorel Whitecastle_by_JasonEngle

Here's a better picture.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:14 pm

....lol...
Back to top Go down
LawnJesus

LawnJesus

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:45 pm

lmao, nice. White Castle is good shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyrus Velivorel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyrus Velivorel   Tyrus Velivorel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyrus Velivorel
Page 1 of 1