Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minerva

Go down 
+6
Psycheandromida
Mack
Markka
Kali
BloodStream
Jukebox
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jukebox

Jukebox

Character sheet
Name: Lucy 'Darkling' Karismon
Race: Human

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Minerva 49189638
Minerva 12681150

Minerva Infowz

[center]VThis is a report sent from the psychologist; Minerva's history, and such.V
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Equipment

1 C-40 Sidearm - Bought, due to a case requirement. MINERVA kept the pistol for later use/protection.
1 Lock-picking Kit - Used in cases where a lock needs to be surpassed, obviously. Bought from a thug, who was later arrested.
2 Flick Knives - Used for a number of purposes. They are both identical, and mostly for cutting objects, rather than self defense. These were bought from a vendor on the Mars Colony.

Skills

POSITIVES

Due to years of practice and experience, MINERVA is an intelligent detective; she is able to pick out the smaller things at a scene, which contribute to the bigger picture.

MINERVA is able to concentrate better than the average person, after years of work.

MINERVA is able to think abstractly; she can create things, such as traps, tools, and even minor shelter. She doesn't practice this, and thus her abilities are limited in this area, though still useful.

NEGATIVES

MINERVA's psychopathy means she can become aggressive when without stimulation; she becomes easily agitated when not working, and can often be egotistical. This leads her to be proactive about finding cases, but also means she treats investigation as more of a game. She may drag out more interesting cases, to entertain herself, which can be damaging to her reputation.

Due to MINERVA's psychopathy, she preforms acts of self-mutilation. It leaves her scarred, and easily noticeable if you have seen her before. This works as a double-edged sword, like the psychopathy itself - She is less likely to trust someone, but this also means she is hardly ever betrayed.

MINERVA uses her intelligence, instead of using physical attacks, to apprehend suspects; she is weak, and easily hurt, but she can be surprisingly practical during a fight, using the surrounding environment as a weapon (if possible).

Special Abilities

At the age of 25, MINERVA chose to be fitted with implants, against her adoptive parents' will. She was given two ocular implants, that bettered her vision, but made her eyes more sensitive to bright lights.

She is able to use a 'zoom', though prolonged use blurs her vision, and can give her a migraine.
She is able to distinguish between colours a lot better than the average person.
Her vision is clearer, and distant objects are slightly more visible than they would be to the average human.

MINERVA's implants required a few more pieces, than those just in the eyes, and due to this she can have nosebleeds quite often. And if exposed to above average heat or cold, she will often get a migraine (as with bright lights, and prolonged use of the zoom feature).

I know I misspelled 'psychopath' in the biography thing. Don't point it out.

And in other news, I'm currently working on a story that details one of Minerva's first cases, and a little bit of her life before it. It might take a while, because I intend to make it a few chapters long, so don't expect it any time soon!

Last edited by Jukebox on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jukebox

Jukebox

Character sheet

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:26 pm

tl;dr: Reasons for someone being a detective in space, with a biography (which is kinda short, I guess), and a journal entry, that details what she's feeling/thinking, a night away from arriving at the colony.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:30 am

Post new characters in the approval section please.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox

Jukebox

Character sheet

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:49 am

I did, but then someone removed my thread, so then I posted it here.

If anyone wants to move it for me, that'd be fantastic! But yeah, someone removed it when I put it there, so I just guessed it was the wrong spot or something, despite how obvious it was, that it was the right spot.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:52 am

Hmm, it shouldn't have been removed.
I'll have a proper look through the bio when I get a free moment, but at first glance it looks like some effort went into it so it'll probably get accepted.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 am

i really don't see why you can't just write things then pick a font and color afterwards, having everything as big pictures instead of just writing it out annoys the shit out of me for some reason.

also if she's weak and easily hurt then how is she good in a fight? "using the environment" i'd imagine would consist of hitting people with chairs or shoving people down stairs etc, which you can do very well if you're weak.

we need more characters who really suck dick at combat and have to rely on other people for help, i'm sick to death of every single character being ridiculously badass and good at fighting

Quote :
And in other news, I'm currently working on a story that details one of Minerva's first cases, and a little bit of her life before it. It might take a while, because I intend to make it a few chapters long, so don't expect it any time soon!

You should really wait till everything's done to post a thread but what would be infinitely more useful than a gigantic wall of text that has barely any relevance is a bio or story explaining how the hell she got here and why.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:11 am

What the hell is this doing in Aeria section?
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:13 am

i think someone accidentally moved it into the wrong "characters" forum

now we can't move it since we don't moderate here
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:50 am

woah well this is a fuckup
Back to top Go down
Jukebox

Jukebox

Character sheet

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Kali wrote:
also if she's weak and easily hurt then how is she good in a fight? "using the environment" i'd imagine would consist of hitting people with chairs or shoving people down stairs etc, which you can do very well if you're weak.

we need more characters who really suck dick at combat and have to rely on other people for help, i'm sick to death of every single character being ridiculously badass and good at fighting

I said she was crappy at fighting, and uses stuff around her, like walls and shit, in order to get away or to her advantage.

I don't really plan on getting in fights, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Guh, moving.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:06 pm

Oh fuck I'm sorry.
Won't happen again.
Back to top Go down
Violent Maid

Violent Maid

Character sheet
Name: Elvis Croone

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Cptnobvious

Cptnobvious

Character sheet
Name:

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:03 am

MY OPINION ON THIS
We don't need a detective because we kind of always know who did something, like, always. Even if we didn't know, there wouldn't be any clues for you to put together and I doubt whoever did it would tell you OOCly.
I see one of three things happening with this
Case 1: She attacks someone because of her disorder or whatever it is and gets locked in jail.
Case 2: She attacks someone because of her disorder and gets killed/beat the fuck up.
Case 3: She's stable enough that I try to force her onto my security force because I can still control who is a cop and who isn't for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox

Jukebox

Character sheet

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:44 am

Cptnobvious wrote:
MY OPINION ON THIS
We don't need a detective because we kind of always know who did something, like, always. Even if we didn't know, there wouldn't be any clues for you to put together and I doubt whoever did it would tell you OOCly.
I see one of three things happening with this
Case 1: She attacks someone because of her disorder or whatever it is and gets locked in jail.
Case 2: She attacks someone because of her disorder and gets killed/beat the fuck up.
Case 3: She's stable enough that I try to force her onto my security force because I can still control who is a cop and who isn't for some reason.

The fun part is putting anything left behind together, I thought people would be like "oh yeah, cool" because there's a character who doesn't punch things to death in order to solve a mystery. Plus, if you already know the person, but you don't want to just blatantly metagame to find them, now you have a character to help with that.

And on your case thing thar:

Case 1: She won't attack someone, because she's not a teenager anymore.
Case 2: Look up a tiny bit.
Case 3: Or you could just ask her to help you investigate, it really adds more to the RP than just being like "OH HEY, I THINK I MIGHT'VE BEEN THIS PERSON, LET'S GO INTERROGATE SOMEONE, AND PUNCH SOME SHIT. WOO!"

[quote=Violent Maid]http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

Gonna leave this here.[/quote]

Neutral That added nothing, and critiqued practically nothing. I don't really see how a thin, feeble girl who thinks about stuff is a Mary Sue; clearly, with how this is sounding, no one really cares for brains-over-brawn, and I'll probably end up sitting in a chair, watching stuff go down - and I'm fine with that. I'm passive enough to spin in an office chair and watch a bunch of people do stuff that I'm not doing, I don't really get a kick out of being totally involved in everything that goes down, and I'm pretty keen on just seeing things pass on by, that's why I wrote out stuff for this character.
I don't like shooting stuff, I don't like blowing shit up, and I much rather the passive side of roleplay that sits alongside the calm and collect group-roleplay, that can come from trying to find a criminal/suspect/missing person. If no one else is interested in that, then I'd settle for having a character with that background, who can be helpful for these kinds of things in the future.

Kali mentioned:

Quote :

Here's the character to fit that niche, and however perverted this sounds: If you scratch her back, she'll scratch yours.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet
Name: Kicker

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:30 am

Jukebox wrote:
If you scratch her back, she'll scratch yours.
Sounds Hot.
I approve. It'll be good to have someone not totally fueled by testosterone and anger (I know this is hypocritical) and someone who I can actually have an intelligent conversation (Maybe a game of blackjack you know what I'm on about Cptnobvious!) And generally a more detailed character that doesn't have to be in the foreground all the time.
I may have to start a detailed conversation with her :p
Back to top Go down
Vortiman

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm

to me this is just a 15 year old girl's wet dream, much like the twilight series

"I'M SUPER SMART AND AGILE AND COOL BUT I'M REALLY MEAN TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE MEAN TO ME AND I'M DARK AND EDGY >Sad"

it's also over-goddamn-whelmingly generic "I WAS RAISED BY A SINGLE MOTHER AND I NEVER SAW MY FATHER AND I WAS AN ORPHAN FOR SOME REASON AND ALL THE OTHER ORPHANS LOOKED UP TO ME BUT FEARED ME AND ALSO I'M REALLY GOOD AT INVESTIGATING SHIT AND I'M REALLY SMART BUT I'M NOT JUST SOME PLAIN POLICE OFFICER I'M AN /INVESTIGATOR/"

also we don't fucking need an investigator Blitz already made an agent and he ended up curb stomped on the floor by Ray

i will add more to this when i'm not so busy doing bitches with sunglasses on
Back to top Go down
Cptnobvious

Cptnobvious

Character sheet
Name:

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Vort put in words what I could only express through a loud angry noise.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox

Jukebox

Character sheet

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:52 pm

Vortiman wrote:
to me this is just a 15 year old girl's wet dream, much like the twilight series

"I'M SUPER SMART AND AGILE AND COOL BUT I'M REALLY MEAN TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE MEAN TO ME AND I'M DARK AND EDGY >Sad"

it's also over-goddamn-whelmingly generic "I WAS RAISED BY A SINGLE MOTHER AND I NEVER SAW MY FATHER AND I WAS AN ORPHAN FOR SOME REASON AND ALL THE OTHER ORPHANS LOOKED UP TO ME BUT FEARED ME AND ALSO I'M REALLY GOOD AT INVESTIGATING SHIT AND I'M REALLY SMART BUT I'M NOT JUST SOME PLAIN POLICE OFFICER I'M AN /INVESTIGATOR/"

also we don't fucking need an investigator Blitz already made an agent and he ended up curb stomped on the floor by Ray

i will add more to this when i'm not so busy doing bitches with sunglasses on

Could you be any more of an obvious troll? Dude, at least try next time, because it could be funny if it wasn't so "lol u gon be sooooo mad". Try being subtle, and maybe, JUST MAYBE! You will get a slight reaction.

It's amazing how only two of the posts in this thread happen to be related to the OP, and the first one appears as if they writer misread the OP anyway. Gawsh, you people are craaaaa~zy.
Back to top Go down
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:48 pm

could you people stop crying "TROLL!!!!!" at the first sign of someone disagreeing with your opinion

it's kind of annoying and makes you all look stupid

thanks.

and on topic, the post you quoted kind of has a point in there that i agree with.
Back to top Go down
Jukebox

Jukebox

Character sheet

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Kali wrote:
could you people stop crying "TROLL!!!!!" at the first sign of someone disagreeing with your opinion

it's kind of annoying and makes you all look stupid

That one was obvious, though. I mean, comparing something to Twilight makes it obvious.

Quote :
i'm not trolling you fucking idiot

just because someone doesn't like your writing doesn't mean they're saying it to piss you off; you're actually pretty awful

It's still obvious, try to be subtle. Subtle.

Quote :
and on topic, the post you quoted kind of has a point in there that i agree with.

So let's address the points!

Quote :
"I'M SUPER SMART AND AGILE AND COOL BUT I'M REALLY MEAN TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE MEAN TO ME AND I'M DARK AND EDGY >"

So, if you can point out where I wrote that my character was agile, then sure, you have a valid point. I never said she was 'really mean' to people who are mean to her, and you pointed out that she was 'dark and edgy'. Huh. A mental illness like psychopathy can often cause the person, who has said illness, to appear fine. The self-harm is a part of the condition, if you'd care to actually research - but you don't have to, I don't really mind. If you'd like to be slightly more educated on the matter, then go for it.

Quote :

Okay, let's break that down:

Quote :
"I WAS RAISED BY A SINGLE MOTHER AND I NEVER SAW MY FATHER

It's clearly stated that she was put up for adoption, by a single parent. She saw neither of them, and it was a completely impersonal, non-emotional experience. I mean come on, she was a baby.

Quote :
AND I WAS AN ORPHAN FOR SOME REASON AND ALL THE OTHER ORPHANS LOOKED UP TO ME BUT FEARED ME

Because she didn't get adopted, and she was moved onto the Mars Colony. Totally an unlikely story, being put in an orphanage, instead of staying in a hospital until the age of 10. I never said anyone looked up to her, or feared her, I just said she didn't have many friends, and went to school.
It's not like it's impossible to be (almost) a top student, with no friends. I mean, look at half the people around here.(lawljkzhurr).

Quote :
ALSO I'M REALLY GOOD AT INVESTIGATING SHIT AND I'M REALLY SMART BUT I'M NOT JUST SOME PLAIN POLICE OFFICER I'M AN /INVESTIGATOR/"

She chose to look into crime investigation, oh my god, how unlikely! I said she was smart, not so intelligent that she can prove theories, and do amazing things to do with math. She trained in an area, how unlikely AGAIN! And making an arrogant, retarded statement to your psychologist is totally unlikely, as well, especially at a young age.
Back to top Go down
BloodStream

BloodStream

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:26 am

There's nothing wrong with this character. It's not overpowered. It's not going to be used to powergame, and it's not silly/outrageous/ridiculous.
Everyone seems to be attacking this guy for reasons I can't quite comprehend. I've deleted all the flaming/trolling, and I'm approving this character.

Just because it's generic doesn't mean it should be denied. You're all acting like idiots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minerva Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minerva   Minerva Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minerva
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Archive :: Thread Basket :: Characters-
Jump to: