Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inner Demon

Go down 
+10
B3SERK
Phry
Graley
Mack
Akusun
Pat
Gambit
Markka
Psycheandromida
Fuzzy Wolfy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fuzzy Wolfy

Fuzzy Wolfy

Inner Demon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inner Demon   Inner Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
I'm assuming that a vulnerability to magic metals when this character is in demon form is a given, wouldn't make much sense if he was when he isn't unconscious, because humans are just as weak to magic metals as they are to normal.

He isn't invulnerable to any magic, he's just resistant. Kind of like the difference in between water proof and water resistant.

Quote :
Natural causes still don't mean drowning or freezes, that can be called death by nature, a totally different thing. I don't think Jerry should be immune to drowning or freezing, because demons are not immune to that by themselves. They're heavily resistant to fire, mind.

True.. I'll take off the immortality to natural deaths, but he'd still be immortal as far as his lifespan goes.

Quote :
And finally, I demons do normally have regeneration, but it doesn't work in minutes time, it takes hours, you should clarify that.

Noted.

Quote :
That's what it needs from me to be accepted. Also to clarify,
Quote :
The whole reason I brought this back up is because some people thought my RP and behaviour was good enough to be trusted with this kind of thing

I said some people think you should be allowed to apply for it again, nothing else. Adjustments to the bio were a given.

To be given another chance to apply after being told people think I could be trusted is still the same thing. I didn't expect to be given 100% guarantee of approval but trust-wise I think the message was that people did trust me.

-and Mack... No... Don't start an argument you can't handle.

Edit: I removed a few things like immortality to 'death by nature'.

Cannot mess with peoples 'souls',

Cannot shape shift.

I'll look through it and find more ways to nerf it.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Inner Demon   Inner Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:09 pm

Still like it.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Inner Demon   Inner Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:27 pm

Magic =/= magic metals. Demons, much like werewolves and vampires, are resistant to magic and basic metals, but vulnerable to magical metals, such as silver, orium, platinum, et cetera, meaning in demon form, Jerry would have a vulnerability to magical metals. I won't accept this until that is stated on the app.

As for touching things' souls, I wouldn't bother taking that out, it's not much of a pro, in foresight. If a character has such a rare gift that he is able to actually revive another (which cannot be achieved by simply being skilled in healing magic,) then all it will mean is the person trying to revive the dead will require a little longer to retrieve the soul via magic. But, if the victim is still alive, they'll eventually get their soul back anyways, because the link between a living body and a mortal soul is too strong to hold for long.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Inner Demon   Inner Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:20 am

A little side-note for everyone. Make note that the body does not pull back the soul. Rather, the soul returns to the body all on its own, and even if you capture a soul, you're still left with the task of wrestling with said soul. There are those that are suited to this, of course, but there's always a limit to how many souls you can prance around with for a reason: they will build up resistance, and may eventually overtake you.

Souls, believe it or not, have very deep and thorough lore to them... They are the single most importance piece of lore in Aeria, and the power that's tied to them is not to be underestimated. Some of the matters regarding souls are a little too much to pass on to the general player base, so please keep in mind that any "soul" related magic we allow you is all, in the general scope of things, minor.

That's why, as Psyche said, there's no problem with letting the demon have some power over souls. It's not like it doesn't come with its own problems.

Now, on to some things I set in place when playing demon-tainted characters in the past, specifically Kain and Cole.

First off, a note about the physical wounds and regeneration: Whenever you're wounded, the demon will take the opportunity to regenerate, but when it does so, it's really trying to replace the human with more of itself. Regenerating from physical wounds thus actively progresses the corruption of the individual. What does this mean? Well, you get a little tougher, a little darker, lil crazier, and you lose a little more control. It's pretty much something you definitely want to avoid.

Secondly, you were right to make it hard for him to use magic. It wouldn't be impossible, but it would be difficult while he's clueless of his own energy state. Having a demon inside him means his sacred field is, shall we say, twice as dense, perhaps moreso, but also unstable.

Thirdly, while he's "immortal" (or shall we say ageless), his body will still go through a kind of decay or metamorphosis as it's being affected by the demonic energy. Jerry will start looking more like a Tiefling: It starts with the eyes, they'll get a deeper color of red. Then come fangs. Horns and a tail may come after that. The wings would come last. The whole time, his skin will slowly turn from soft human tissue to something more leathery. Beyond that point, it'll start getting harder and scaly, and he'd slowly turn into a real demon. Same goes with his mind.

Obviously, this will take a very long time, and any holy magical presence he comes in contact with would slow this down. Jerry would also further lose his mind as this went on. But even so, this process takes years, and can only be expedited through heavy combat and wear and tear of Jerry's body and sacred field.

Hope that helped.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Inner Demon   Inner Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:10 am

Quote :
-and Mack... No... Don't start an argument you can't handle.

you said you didn't want to argue anymore and i'm simply being corteous enough to offer you that pause that you bid for.

Quote :
I'll look through it and find more ways to nerf it.

this is all i was asking for, was it really worth that argument now?
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Inner Demon   Inner Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:15 am

Ah, yes good thing you bumped this thread, lest it fall prey to autoprune.

I still await my one condition to be met, and I can accept this.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Inner Demon   Inner Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Just my sugarlumps, bump da bump,
they look so fine, that's why I keep 'em in the front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inner Demon   Inner Demon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inner Demon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2