Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two servers, ideas and thoughts.

Go down 
+4
Phry
Phear
ViralHatred
Rutabega
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rutabega
Rutabega

Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 3:38 am

So, as many of you may or may not know, a new, cheaper server has been found and bought which leaves us with two servers until the end of the month. The old server will continue to run things normally but it'd be a waste to simply not use the other one so I myself was thinking we could post little events or whatnot that we wouldn't mind seeing. In my opinion it can't be another part of Olden since we don't really have the population for two servers and all that and secondly, it's only there until the end of the month.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing something like this.
Quote :
Kiwi: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=10771
Kiwi: Olden cruise
Kiwi: "This is your Captain Alfred Hook, welcome to the U.S.S Surna, if you have an questions, please direct them to our chief of staff, Mr.Thorn Razel. Now, Aeria cruices would like to ask you to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride."
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:02 am

TERRORIST TOWN. ALL HAIL PSYCHE THE TRAIN GOD AND LEADER OF THE ROOFTOP UPRISING.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Phear
Angry Veteran
Phear

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:07 am

Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:34 am

Fretta server.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:22 am

why did you buy one server before the other one expired? that was kind of a dumb move if you ask me.

but yeah, i don't really care what it's used for.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 am

Mackalian wrote:
der fuhrer demands fretta

yes.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:35 am

Phry wrote:
Mackalian wrote:
der fuhrer demands fretta

yes.

ach nein
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Because the new server is $7.50 a month and we wanted to get the offer before it was lost. They were only gonna let 10 people have it. Either way, hardly spent anything on the 2nd server, so it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:48 pm

oh right
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Viral speaks the truth about me killing everyone everywhere in TTT.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Viral speaks the truth about me killing everyone everywhere in TTT.

"VIRAL"

"Oh fuck it's Psyche, er."

"GET THAT BODY AWAY FROM MY TRAIN"
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:33 pm

This should be used constructively, and for something useful. I recommend a second server for a different map, if people like that notion, or you could go ahead with your silly sandbox idea..
Back to top Go down
Phear
Angry Veteran
Phear

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Jack wrote:
This should be used constructively, and for something useful. I recommend a second server for a different map, if people like that notion, or you could go ahead with your silly sandbox idea..

I must state a counter-argument, to completely contradict your suggestion!
Sandbox! Auto-spawners for cargo containers and dumpsters, just ddropping them from the sky. It'd be glorious...

Nah not really. I like the second map/town idea, but we don't have it for long, so it'd be kinda pointless. It'd just be splitting our server population in half.
If we had it perma, it'd make a nice second town (Sida? :OOO), but otherwise, I recommend sandbox dickery of any sort. I might even try this TTT I keep hearing about. Something about a train...?
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Another fun kind of gamemode I just discovered is STRONGHOLD, it's like construction mixed with deathmatch, you and your team can place static props, spawnpoints and ammo crates anywhere while the game it's self is just DM/TDM style gameplay, it's a lot of fun though it's only in the beta.

Also no, we're not using the second server to go to Occi.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Fretta would also be nice if we removed the shit gamemodes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two servers, ideas and thoughts.   Two servers, ideas and thoughts. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two servers, ideas and thoughts.
Page 1 of 1