Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone but me noticed:

Go down 
+10
Dama Oscura
Kali
ViralHatred
Mack
cptkickercutleg
Rutabega
Pat
Krug
Psycheandromida
Phry
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Has anyone but me noticed: Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Aeria didn't benefit from the RRP merge in any way, shape or form.

We didn't gain a single member, and, at times, actually lost huge chunks of our playerbase to their server when those players would otherwise be RPing here.

Kali I think was the only RRP member to make an Aeria character which i'm p.sure has never been RP'd.

Perhaps i'm wrong?

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 11:57 pm

I only saw Kali on about once, but I can hardly blame him since he's an admin there and not here.

I regret the merge, frankly. The only benefit was Aeria lost one or two idiots that never showed their face after deciding to stick around Eshira/Kudo/Space only.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:52 am

I haven't seen the benefit.

Wait, did all the LiFers and whatnot come with the merger?
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:55 am

Ramona wrote:
I haven't seen the benefit.

Wait, did all the LiFers and whatnot come with the merger?

no
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:30 am

I never thought we would see more people because of this, really. Though I have to say a larger negative effect than expected did occur.
Back to top Go down
cptkickercutleg

cptkickercutleg

Character sheet
Name: Kicker
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:02 am

Please don't forget that a playerbase isn't the only factor involved here, I for one have been advertising both RPs to my friends, some have even bought Gmod because of my recommendations, (unfortunately they went on DarkRP then never played again).
I'm sure that with enough mutual advertisement, both playerbases will grow and flourish given the chance.

So please, don't write us off as failures, because we aren't, we aren't competitors, we are alternatives to one another.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 am

i have to agree with prhy. we've lost more players than we have gained anything. and really, the playerbase is the only thing affected by this merge.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:21 pm

I like how you completely disregard the fact the the majority of our community was against the merger in the first place. it was only due to Jackers rash actions that we merged and he later regretted it. If pat wishes to break the merger he is welcome to talk to Kali and I.

I admit, we're having roleplay issues and our own playerbase issues to to Jackers misdoings, but there is nothing I can truely do about it, I have a life aside from Radiation.

"If the flock decides to go further afield, it is not my place to shear it."

Kali and I took up the reigns when we were not obliged to, Jacker abandoned our community. You should at the very least give us the time to attempt to rebuild our community.

Kali isn't the only one who has expressed interest in Aeria either, I have on many occasions and then decided to not post character applications due to the harsh critique you give to any character who isn't amazingly plain.

It doesn't help that everytime I ask for Aeria's IP I get given one that doesn't work.

So stop hating on Radiation without giving us a proper chance. We've lost half our community and are doing our best with what we have.

Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Kali

Kali

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 pm

you guys have to remember that this merger has been way more damaging for us than it has to you by infinite amounts

we've lost a whole bunch of members, broken up, now hate eachother, and are having a hard time getting any shit together.

and as viral said it's mostly jacker's fault and now he's fucked off after ruining everything and left us to pick up the peices you guys could at least cut us some slack
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 12:54 pm

How bout we make a proper merger this time.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 1:37 pm

Quote :
decided to not post character applications due to the harsh critique you give to any character who isn't amazingly plain.

ha ha oh wow

baa-baa-bee-boo
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Quote :
Kali isn't the only one who has expressed interest in Aeria either, I have on many occasions and then decided to not post character applications due to the harsh critique you give to any character who isn't amazingly plain.

Actually that's just me and mack, But I like to think we're the counterpoint to the rousing "accept" everyone just throws at everything around here.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 2:37 pm

Omap wrote:
Actually that's just me and mack, But I like to think we're the counterpoint to the rousing "accept" everyone just throws at everything around here.

true story bro

people need to stop being frivelous with their accepts and think before they say yes to "SUPER-BUBBLY-FUZZY-WUTEY-VAMPIRE-THAT-ONLY-DRINKS-ANIMAL-BLOOD-AND-LOVES-MAKING-FRIENDS-BUT-IS-A-SUPER-FEARSOME-WARRIOR-THAT-CAN-SNAP-YOUR-NECK-IN-SECONDS" #452
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Mackalian wrote:
people need to stop being frivelous with their accepts

Haha, Blackjack.

Case in point for me.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Mack, that 'baa-baa-bee-boo' is getting annoying. I'd appreciate it if you stopped.

The merger may have not gone all-too-well, but we've got to live with what we can't change(loss of members more interested in radiation) and fix what we can change.

Also, Viral and Kali, I don't think Phry was targeting you guys, moreso those that endorsed the merge in the first place, AKA Jacker, a number of other people, and eventually me once I had been convinced. I know that a majority of Radiation was uncomfortable concerning the merger. Don't view it as an attack on Radiation or yourselves, please.

Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Quote :

HA HA true
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:40 pm

It's just that plain characters are easier to get, and therefore people make them more often. There's a very tight net of lore, and for you to manage to wiggle through one of the holes takes research/bugging Pat. There's a lot of conceivable characters though, you only need to know how to make them work with the lore.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Because giving no criticism to poor characters worked so well when Geowulf and Drakonnan were in charge.

It was a magical time when people who wanted a strong character only had to ask, and never earn it, and the titans of story development like Kardilaz V Arshes, Richard Simmons and anyone with the last name Stukov, lead the entire plot with conviction and heart.

God forbid anyone starts with a normal character and develops them anymore, or criticize your own "semi serious" standards of roleplay.

Last edited by Psycheandromida on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:48 pm

By making the merge better I mean actually merging other than sharing the same spot on the forums. Admins can stay on their respective sides, whatever, but how about we had some actual contribution going between two sides? I mean, I find it almost entirely illogical for there to be separate lore writers and scripters for Aeria and Radiation.

There should be far more collaboration, so far all I've seen is conflict and very little attempts to make both a more unified community.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:48 pm

How about we just agree not to criticize one another's standards.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
By making the merge better I mean actually merging other than sharing the same spot on the forums. Admins can stay on their respective sides, whatever, but how about we had some actual contribution going between two sides? I mean, I find it almost entirely illogical for there to be separate lore writers and scripters for Aeria and Radiation.

There should be far more collaboration, so far all I've seen is conflict and very little attempts to make both a more unified community.

There was plenty of collaboration and contribution going around, back when Eshira was being built. Plenty of lore contributions by Olden members towards Eshiran Lore. Also, as far as Olden goes, any player, admin or not, can contribute lore, as long as they pass it through me first.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 am

Pat wrote:
Dama Oscura wrote:

There was plenty of collaboration and contribution going around, back when Eshira was being built. Plenty of lore contributions by Olden members towards Eshiran Lore. Also, as far as Olden goes, any player, admin or not, can contribute lore, as long as they pass it through me first.

If you didn't know, Kain has been helping us with scripting from the moment I offered to keep us busy with Space Roleplay until Jacker got Eshira going.

He gave me a copy of your pre-tira cakescript, towhich I fixed to varying degrees, adding tax system, new items, fixing schemas, fixing all the little bugs, spellings and allsorts.

None of this would have been possible without Kain's assistance. Thanks to him I've learnt a fair bit, and he could expand our script so much more, simply because olden has no use for crafting systems and other such peices of code.

As for lore, you have us at a somewhat disadvantage, as we had no lore, you were freely able to barge in and create whatever you pleased, I'm fine with that, it's just we can't do the same, not without researching several tons of lore to make sure nothing conflicts.

Most of the Eshira lore is irrelevant now, but I'm not going to just throw it away. It'll be kept safe until such a time it is needed. I'm glad Olden showed such community spirit by contributing to our lore.

There has been much community interaction, especially with the development of Space Roleplay 3. It's just not widely publicised.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:48 am

Unlocked for further discussion in the admin section.

-

Thread moved back to GD, relocked and remaining closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone but me noticed:   Has anyone but me noticed: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone but me noticed:
Page 1 of 1