Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sorry for any inconvenience

Go down 
+3
Mack
Gambit
PuPeT-KaI
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Sorry for any inconvenience Empty
PostSubject: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 pm

So, recently, everything technoglogic in my room has gone to shit. Everything has recovered (most problems just being my neglect to charge things) except my computer.

So, first, it got some virus that tooks 3 days until we figured out how to get it off without having to remove any files or reformat or anything, which was a big relief. The internet and sound worked for about an hour after that, then my speakers just went completely silent and we had to fix that (most of this stuff is brand fucking new, by the way), and it took another hour to fix that. Then it was fine for about a day, though I didn't get to play much because of school, and Thursday approaches, and you know fucking what?

Internet completely dissappeared, as did any access to it from my computer. Just me. No one else. The USB device I have for it was plugged in, kept replugging it into different ports for like, two hours, before the icon comes back on. Then I'm missing the other icon I need for it to connect, I need Internet to get it and everyone is too busy to fucking help for the next two days. Finally get the file and downloaded, it can get signal--but can't connect, at all.

So, I can't do much of anything on my computer other than things that don't use internet, and considering pretty much all of my games are from fucking steam, I can't play shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Borrowing a laptop right now (thank god), as all I've been doing for the past iunno, four hours is read, and someone decides to finally fucking pity me and let me check my shit. So I'm really dissappointed because I wanted to do the quest, and can't because this shit doesn't have steam and I don't want to download it on someone elses stuff. I'll probably have to reformat my computer cause we've tryed just about anything we can think of, and then I have to redownload all that shit.

So, if anyone needs to contact me, beyondbirthday1alone@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:56 am

Your router took a shit.

But go ahead and fuck your C drive.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:48 am

copy your steam apps folder to a portable hard drive / really big flash drive and then pop your operating system disc in and reinstall your os.

teehee i'm so smart
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 6:29 am

Same thing happened to me for about a week, on my brand new windows seven, after replacing a few outdated files (because fucking updates wouldn't work) and stopping future updates (because them not working caused the problem in the first place), that shit finally worked, icon popped up.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Updates are blocked by it's own UAC. You have to msconfig that but I forgot the name for it on Seven.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:17 pm

why would windows put in a "HI DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS UPDATE?" dialogue on their own shit? it comes straight from their servers, so there's no safety risk involved.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:24 pm

It's because windows is fucking retarded.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:35 pm

My dad had restarted the router pretty much everyother time we tryed something new, and everyone elsewas and is fine but me.

So yeah, dad had me put all the crap that I wouldn't be able to replace easily on some usb's and I must now wait for my computer to die once again. ;^;
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Restarting isn't going to do it, because it's broken.

Buy a new one.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:46 pm

If the router works fine for all other computers, than it's obviously not the router. It works, just not on OA's computer.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Gambit wrote:

Buy a new one.

>works for everyone but her
>restarting router changes nothing
>buy a new one it's broken

Rated D for dumb.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Mackalian wrote:
Gambit wrote:

Buy a new one.

>works for everyone but her
>restarting router changes nothing
>buy a new one it's broken

Rated D for dumb.

Rated M for mack'd.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:05 pm

There's a block update option.

For me, I just blocked them, deleted the most recent updates, icon popped up, did the auto repair, and my USB cable worked again, the computer wasn't accepting the cable or something, so it didn't connect to the router.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:13 pm

So, now I'm on Windows 7.

And I do not like.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:05 pm

You're a bundle of problems.

.357 can solve that.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Not funny, at all.

I've been on XP since I could use a computer, and then switch to 7 with like two seconds notice and bombardments of 'LIKE IT LIKE IT?' while I'm trying to download some of the TONS of shit I lost not even an hour beforehand, and people expect me to FUCKING LOVE IT.

The 'shiny makes me cool' shit is has plastered all over doesn't help my need to murder.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Wait are you saying you totally didn't know Windows 7 erases the drive?

And to bring it up also your USB router or whatever you're using to connect your PC to your internet at home may not be compatible with the change and needs compatible software/update. I suggest your call Windows support and see what they say or even your ISP.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:46 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
and people expect me to FUCKING LOVE IT.

Because people expect you to back up your files.

Also because Windows 7 runs better. The only -ONLY- flaw that it has that Xp doesn't, is that 7 cannot run the Exile series.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:58 am

Quote :
bombardments of 'LIKE IT LIKE IT?' while I'm trying to download some of the TONS of shit I lost not even an hour beforehand, and people expect me to FUCKING LOVE IT.

Desktop -> Hit F1 -> Search "Disabling User Account Control"

i'm a GENIUS

also psyche's right. windows 7 handles system resources so much better that your pc'll run roughly 25% faster in games. and it's also got so many new features that XP doesn't. and XP isn't even supported by microsoft anymore. aka no new drivers. aka games, applications, and newer hardware stops working because it doesn't know what the fuck XP even is.

Last edited by Mackalian on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:08 pm

I'd pick XP over Vista anyday but 7 over dem all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry for any inconvenience   Sorry for any inconvenience Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sorry for any inconvenience
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: OOC Chat :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: