Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Howl Draig

Go down 
+3
Phry
Mack
Xeloras
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 11:38 pm

Howl Draig 1297023911799

Name: Howl Draig

Race: Human

Birthplace: The Archivists' Realm

Affiliations: Librarian of the Archivists of Light, Ex. Head information distributor

-Appearance-

Howl would be seen wearing the green robes of a basic Librarian, trimmed in silver due to his previous work in the Informational department, he would have unkempt hair and an unkempt beard to go along with it. He would wear some basic leather armor around his neck and keep a book and several scrolls on him at all time.

-Background-

Howl was born and raised by two Librarians, this left him in the awkward predicament of being raised in and out of the Realm of Aeria and that belonging to the Archivists, because of this, Howl had nothing to do but read. Children were a rarity in the Archivists' Realm, and Librarians being the busy people they are, usually don't have the time to stay at any form of home and watch over their child, and would bring him with them. Socialization was something Howl didn't receive as a child.

When Howl turned thirteen, he started his tuition under the Archivists, his interest were never really tailored to any subject, but drifted in between several different schools of magic. Managing to dabble in several different magics instead of one in specific is a respected path amongst Librarians, and what was eventually led to Howl's way into the Librarian career. His specific skillset hovered mainly around the obtaining and organization of information however, which led him to take up his place in the informational department, where he advanced quickly for five years before reaching its head. As the head of informational distribution, Howl worked for four more years before requesting a move to field work, where he hopes to find a more exciting life.

-Abilities-

Spoiler:

-Inventory-

On Person:

Howl's Spellbook.

Several blank scrolls

Head Informational Distributor robes, with silver edging on the sleeves

Archivist's Seal

One pear-wood wand, not really effective, but nice for show

2000 gold coins

[red]Two prepared fireball scrolls[/red]

In Archivists' Realm

5000 gold coins

A load of blank scrolls

Useless crap

-Morals and Beliefs-

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Deity: Oghma

Last edited by Xeloras on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:34 am

he better have brought arthur's seal with him
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:43 am

Oh god, Howl's going to get killed by Arthur the second he walks in.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 am

jokes aside this should be accepted because THE LAW
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am

Howl is an awful name and you should feel terrible and possibly contract some sort of disease
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 11:33 am

Just who the holy mother of jesus are the Archivists of Light.
Back to top Go down
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Ramona wrote:

jesus christ it's pathetic how far out of the loop you are
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Mack wrote:
jesus christ it's pathetic how far out of the loop you are

That one sentence could have summarised who they were. :V
Back to top Go down
Reanimated

Reanimated

Character sheet
Name:

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:44 pm

http://aeria.omgforum.net/f55-the-archivists-of-light
And there ya go, and if you want a summary i was told that they study magic to perfect it, along with other magical stuff.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:11 pm

Ah, <3. Cheers.

Well, my acceptance. I can always repeal it later, which I doubt I'll need to.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Mack wrote:
this should be accepted because THE LAW
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:50 pm

No strong opinions either way as of current.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Ramona wrote:

A bunch of dicks who cast spells willy nilly and pretend to be snoody librarians as they otherwise do nothing of value in respects to anything.

That name is bad and you should feel bad. I seriously doubt two librarians, the "Top educated magical elite" would go "HUR HIS NAME IS HOWL"

I was half expecting to wander into some shitty werebeing thread.

But other than that, the character looks alright, But there is one thing I don't quite like, You have physical prowess ranked three, and say he's pretty weak, but can you expand on that more? It seems like all of these new Librarian characters are so good with magic that it doesn't even matter how frail they are. For example creating GIANT BLACK SPHERES OF TOTAL SHELTER YOU CANT BREAK THROUGH in the middle of the inn. however his magic seems pretty balanced compared to that. So back to my main point...

I'm going to politely DENY until you shed some light on his more physical attributes.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:12 am

Omap wrote:
For example creating GIANT BLACK SPHERES OF TOTAL SHELTER YOU CANT BREAK THROUGH in the middle of the inn. however his magic seems pretty balanced compared to that. So back to my main point...

May I cut in? That was Tiflis of the Necromancer's Guild, not an Archivist. I admit, however, that the Achivists created a portal into the inn during their introduction event, but that's not exactly the case you're against here. I would suggest that you ask around a bit more before making (false) accusations. Also, these "new librarian" characters are archived under Special Characters, which is to say that they're usually fairly strong and restricted from an average joe. Glacus, Arthur and Flint are very high ranking Archivists and are there to represent them (with varying degrees of success) and to do some recruiting. They're logically very adept in magic as they're senior members. Howl, however, is not a special character of such description. He's a mere Librarian and works +95% of his time in the Archivists Realm sorting through mountains of information and giving the field Archivists things or information they need.

Howl could easily be his nickname or something that just stuck on. We have far sillier, exotic or odd names than "Howl", so I believe this is in no way extraordinary. Another point, his physical prowess. He's obviously weak as it "would take little effort to take his lunch money". That leads me to believe that he is physically inept, but instead is intelligent and such and such. Why does this need to be elaborated further when it's plain obvious?

That said, I don't quite know what this character will supposedly do in the RP, other than hang around in the realm doing stuff and getting mocked by Flint and Arthur. Nevertheless, I give this an approval for what's it worth.

Edit: I just noticed that Howl has became a field agent instead, nevermind what I said about only sitting in the Realm most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:28 am

Quote :
GIANT BLACK SPHERES OF TOTAL SHELTER YOU CANT BREAK THROUGH in the middle of the inn.

Every hit was draining it's power, actually.

She also got punched in the face by Thorn becuase she just couldn't dodge a melee hit, even a slow moving one from someone in heavy armour - becuase she has absolutely no melee capacity.

Also, i'd suggest, Markka, Xeloras, that you move away from RPing your faction leaders this commonly. It's something Mack recently noticed with Midnight when Thoro complained: it's not really suitable for faction leaders, who are so OP 'becuase they're faction leaders' to be hanging around on the streets being absolutely impossible to counter.

It sort of completely ruins the sense of RP, in a way.

At the moment Tiflis is the figurehead of the Guild on server, and she's a special character, but that doesn't necessary mean she's grossly OP, and she isn't even OP to begin with, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:54 am

So far I've RP'd on Glacus maybe three times overall. Most of the time I've been on Mirage. Should have nothing to compain about. Unless you want to complain about Glacus being extremely skilled in defensive magic and less in other stuff.

More opinions on Howl, kgo.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:59 am

I want Howl's acception so I won't have to RP Flint to represent the Archivists 24/7, for reasons you've mentioned. The name Howl is a damned obvious reference to a book/movie which has already been established somewhat as his name when he was contacted by Arthur or Flint, and I don't plan on changing it, although I can add a last name if it'll please you somewhat.

When I say it's easy to take his lunch money, I mean to say he's weaker then all the BATTLE HARDENED BARBARIAN BATMAN WARRIORS O' SURNA, and I had always pictured average strength at five bars, if I hadn't elaborated on that, I appologize. But, in a nutshell, he'll get exhausted faster then others while on the move, he won't be able to pick up heavy weaponry or swing light weaponry around efficiently, he's just weak. It happens to anybody who spends their time sitting at a desk organizing papers and answering bad questions all day.

I basically want a watered down Librarian so I don't have to get addicted to Flint, and can still represent the Archivists.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:53 am

Quote :
although I can add a last name if it'll please you somewhat.

would.

atleast, it would me.

Edit: Accept.

my respec for realising the need to play a faction leader less.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 8:18 pm

I've edited him somewhat, adding an ability and taking from others, this is up for re-approval.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howl Draig Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howl Draig   Howl Draig Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howl Draig
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: Characters :: The Previous Age-
Jump to: