Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cool, I'm leaving

Go down 
+2
Krug
B3SERK
6 posters
AuthorMessage
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:13 pm

The ending conversation, bye olden, I wish it could have been on better terms

Munroe: Yo
Munroe: We need to talk about the 40k RP
B3SERK: am i doing something wrong
B3SERK: just out of the gate
B3SERK: I want to know
B3SERK: Were the demons too much? Because they're there to stall for time
Munroe: Well, a good deal of the RP you've been doing was kind of a stretch, but plausible within the 40k universe. Your latest post, however, just went overboard
B3SERK: uhuh
B3SERK: how
B3SERK: just tell me
B3SERK: I want to know
B3SERK: what I'm doing wrong THIS time
Munroe: Chill
B3SERK: no, I won't because I called this, so badly, the moment I started
B3SERK: so say what you want to say
Munroe: Um
Munroe: Okay
Munroe: Give me a second
B3SERK: let me guess, sfing someone else?
Munroe: No, typing. I already know what I'm going to say
Munroe: So the top of your post. The portal stabilizes, if it can be said that a Warp rift can be stable, and something, presumably a Daemon, yells "The idiots fell for it, CHARRRGEEE!". The dialogue seems entirely uncharacteristic of a Daemon. Daemons are thousands of years old, possibly as old as the Chaos Gods themselves, since they are their creations, and incapable of truly dying. They have a very archaic style of speech, tending to use complex and eloquent phrases. A better example of what a Daemon might say is "Kill the corpse-lovers!" or something along those lines. That isn't much of a problem, though.

The biggest problem is the Daemons themselves. First off, you have Horrors, Daemons of Tzeentch, serving a Slaaneshi chapter. This doesn't make sense. The Daemonettes are accurate. The Daemons are also rather high in number. Considering the short time and lack of sacrifices, it's highly unlikely so many Daemons could have been summoned. Daemons are more powerful than you might think, 40 is really too many.

Lastly, the explosives. Again, it's doubtful they had enough time to prepare explosive charges and bury them, AND put in mines. And wouldn't the mines set the explosives off prematurely? All of the fortifications and defenses your base has couldn't have been done in such a short time. Look at the capital city's front gate. That's an area roughly the size oft he Chaos base (I'm assuming) and isn't even that well-fortified yet, despite having hundreds of men working on it. Minefields, trenches, and gun emplacements take TIME to set up.
B3SERK: it's a chaos lord, first off, thus "The power armored footsteps" also, while the description might be seen as horrors, the warp is full of a lot of wierd shit, and they aren't horrors, just randomddaemons of the void, the cultists have been praying and sacrificing for several hours now, as well as on the other side, and yet again, for the defenses, over a hundred cultists, hours of time preparing, explosives are placed in casings, unless they were directly shot, they probably wouldn't detonate
B3SERK: yea, I don't know about your view on how time as passed, but setting up fortifications, with hundreds of drug-crazed and pleasure addicted, scared out of their mines because chaos marines are pointing guns at them half-crazed workers can get shit done pretty fast in that timeframe, and buring random mines does not take long
B3SERK: I will tell you, that that was a well thought out argument, I did not see the grenade part in that last post, at the way end, and I actually should have pointed out that the mines were probably hastily put in, making them possible to spot at points, but still, it's a minefield, kind of hard to see in the middle of a swamp
B3SERK: I can agree that the tactics may not seem very W40k canon, but I pointed out the factory in that one part to show were it all came from (the whole scrying part)
B3SERK: Also, conventional Chaos W40k tactics, I fucking hate, they're pretty much (For so and so god) charge, but there isn't anything that says that different tactics don't emerge, they certainly do in some of the books and canon
B3SERK: also, some chaos lords take very strange stances on combat, using daemons as meatshields and actually using their superhuman chaos spawn as they're meant to
B3SERK: I am also currently reviewing my last post
B3SERK: the CHARRRRRGEE part seems a bit unnedded
B3SERK: the portal was stabilized on the other side (A whole lot of sacrifices at once)
B3SERK: I will also add the grenade part to my post, sorry, didn't see that
Munroe: The fact it's a Chaos Lord does not change the fact that the dialogue is unfitting. Chaos Lords are thousands of years old, and also use eloquent speech. In fact, pretty much everyone does. It's 40k, and melodramatic, over-the-top hammy speech is how it's done.

Drug-addled scare-out-of-their-mind psychos can dig mines better than trained, calm Guardsmen? Lolno. They'd probably drop shit and blow themselves up. There's no way they could do it faster.

Yes, you didn't see the grenade part. And shooting a mine WILL detonate it, if you're shooting it with an explosive bolter round. The concussive force of the explosion will trigger it.
B3SERK: I didnt say they wouldnt
B3SERK: I just said they'd be hard as shit to spot
B3SERK: even with the auto-sensors of a power armored space marine
B3SERK: and yes, the dialogue is unfitting
B3SERK: the corpse-god parts were put in there so that they would seem to fall for it, and the point of the "the idiots fell for it" part was to highlight the chaos lords arrogance, which of course, is there because of the years and years of his service to the chaos gods, that you have mentioned
Munroe: Now I'm also not pleased that much of this sems like retrogaming
B3SERK: retrogaming? Describe what you mean please
B3SERK: and I never said that the heretics could dig mines better than guardsmen
B3SERK: I dont know how you got that impression
Munroe: You gave no indication that you were placing remote-charges underground or performing some kind of daemon-summoning ritual. The Psykers could have detcted something like that, but you didn't give anyone a chance to
B3SERK: okay
B3SERK: let me go back
B3SERK: and take
B3SERK: the fifty times
B3SERK: I pointed that out
B3SERK: obviously
Munroe: My argument was that they were preparing fortifications FASTER than Guardsmen, which is impossible. They shouldn't have so many defenses set up.
B3SERK: I thought of that as I was making the post, then I realised
B3SERK: "They're deep as fuck in the swamp, getting that far in the swamp in the middle of a planet takes a long fucking time"
Munroe: I read every one of your posts, you gave no indication that you were summoning Daemons. And the explosives, the only hint was "The heretics put all sorts of traps" and stuff like that. That basically gave you room to ass-pull anything
B3SERK: I then decided I would say, that, when this inevitably came up
B3SERK: and get the package out here
B3SERK: my first setting up post
B3SERK: that already implies they are bringing something out, and knowing chaos, probably summoning something
B3SERK: get the magic men out
B3SERK: from the same post, obvious
B3SERK: These commands are immediately followed by a new wave of twisted men, some carrying what appear to be ritualistic clothing and books, others carrying a single large crate, screams emanate from inside it
B3SERK: really
B3SERK: obvious
B3SERK: The twisted men in ritualistic clothing begin chanting in a circle in the exact same spot the portal is,
B3SERK: the same as before
B3SERK: also
Munroe: To you, perhaps. But Christ, we're all supposed to just assume that Chaos will summon Daemons all the time? There are so many things Chaos could potentially do. Their NAME is CHAOS for god's sake
B3SERK: actually
B3SERK: the demons
B3SERK: are on the other side
B3SERK: and let me put where I obviously hinted that
B3SERK: one moment
B3SERK: are summoned on the other side*
B3SERK: scuse me
B3SERK: Of course, around the outpost are series of explosive mines, detonated explosive packs and pit falls, along with similar explosive wonders actually placed between the trenches of the outpost.
B3SERK: oh yea, and for your explosives quams
B3SERK: and someone on the other side can be heard shouting curses, followed by the sounds of many power armored feet
B3SERK: hinting at the chaos lord
B3SERK: someONE not someTHING
B3SERK: it is a gruff yet commanding and arrogant voice, followed by not only the pounding of power armored feet, but inhuman screams and battle cries
B3SERK: more hinting at the chaos lord, and an obvious hint at things to come very soon, at the way end
B3SERK: If you have anything else to say, say it now, but you did bring up one good point that I was earlier too lazy to adress
B3SERK: the antequated speech thing, not my strongest point, I will now try and edit that in the last post
B3SERK: along with the grenade thing
Munroe: It really wasn't obvious at all
B3SERK: I reitorated it many, many times
Munroe: Okay, so there's powere-armored feet and screams coming from the warp portal. That means Daemons?
B3SERK: inhuman screams*
Munroe: The Warp is pure chaos, anything can come from the aperture
B3SERK: It also mentions, which is straight up said earlier
B3SERK: that the world, is in the eye of terror
Munroe: You never suggested you were going to bring anything OUT of the portal
B3SERK: I don't see why not
Munroe: The variious factions' Psykers thus had no chance to detect what was coming
B3SERK: how
B3SERK: would any psyker be able
Munroe: Because the players didn't know OOCly
B3SERK: to somehow look on a world
B3SERK: in the eye of terror
B3SERK: it's called
B3SERK: a surprise
Munroe: :/
B3SERK: that has been hinted at, thoroughly
Munroe: Really?
B3SERK: you aren't supposed to know EVERYTHING BEFORE IT HAPPENDS
Munroe: I don't agree
B3SERK: that would be dull as hell
Munroe: Psykers don't know EVERYTHING
Munroe: that happens
Munroe: They are connected to the Warp
Munroe: They know if anything is going on involving the Warp
B3SERK: Psykers, imperial and especially ork, are no where able to actually see what chaos are doing, before they do it
Munroe: And even then, only the strongest Psykers could have known exactly what was happening
B3SERK: they cannot see into the warp
B3SERK: like poking their head into a window
B3SERK: unless you have a librarian master
B3SERK: then, possibly
B3SERK: but those guys, are so, so rare
Munroe: Lucidius Secundus, one of the only Psykers, and Head Librarian, detected the portal in the first place. Then Blitz's Wierdboy detected it
B3SERK: yep, detecting the portal would be easy, as with all chaos taint that comes with chaos space marines
B3SERK: I would have hoped that you would figure this out
Munroe: If souls were being fed and the rift widened to allow Daemons entry, they would know, trust me
B3SERK: but I'll just spoil the entire thing for you
B3SERK: also, the rift isn't fed
B3SERK: the demons are summoned on the other side
Munroe: Spoil what? Getting pwned by a bunch of Daemons with no prior warning?
B3SERK: and then run through
B3SERK: oh
Munroe: That's powergaming
B3SERK: in every rp you've ever done-
B3SERK: now you just crossed the line
Munroe: I didn't cross any line
B3SERK: shut up and let me talk
B3SERK: or type
Munroe: You crossed the line and I'm trying to explain why
Munroe: Shut up?
B3SERK: you said, I'm POWERGAMING?
B3SERK: you just said that?
Munroe: You want to be in this RP or not?
Munroe: Yeah, I did.
B3SERK: then let me
B3SERK: fucking talk
B3SERK: because
B3SERK: no matter how much shit I quote
B3SERK: or how many times I proved you wrong back there
B3SERK: you just cannot be a gentleman, in any way
B3SERK: and back down
B3SERK: so let me put it bluntly
B3SERK: so you can understand, everything I'm going to do, so you can counter it, every time
Munroe: You didn't prove me wrong at all. Everyone is unanimously on my side. You broke the lore
B3SERK: how did I break lore
B3SERK: at all
Munroe: I explained it to you very clearly
B3SERK: say it again, in one sentence
B3SERK: simply
Munroe: But you're claiming that we just didn't understand your brilliant, subtle explanations
B3SERK: whether you know what is coming or not does not say I did or didn't break canon
B3SERK: also, knowing every more I make before I make it, is terrible, terrible rp
Munroe: The dialogue, the fact that no Psyker detected the Daemon-summoning ritual, the time it took to prepare fortifications (which you now are saying was because they were further away the whole time)
B3SERK: the demon summoning ritual
B3SERK: is in
B3SERK: the eye
Munroe: I didn't say knowing every move
B3SERK: of terror
Munroe: You're not listening to anything i'm saying
B3SERK: and thent he demons are SENT THROUGH THE RIFT
Munroe: This is why I'm getting pissed off
B3SERK: THEY WALK THROUGH
Munroe: That's not possible
B3SERK: those, are not, canon breaking, or powergaming things
B3SERK: you are making accusations, out of your ass
B3SERK: and you can make those accusations, because yet again
Munroe: No, you're the only one ass-pulling here
B3SERK: you have persuaded all support against me
B3SERK: fuck you
B3SERK: you win
B3SERK: fine, I'm done with olden, and you're stupid, powergaming ooc bitching bullshit
Munroe: Yeah, okay, say bye to your chaos marines
B3SERK: Oh, yea, okay, FUCK YOU
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Doube post again, with this weird part at the end

Munroe: Lol, k
Munroe: Worshiping slaanesh must have rubbed off on you

Munroe: I read every one of your posts, you gave no indication that you were summoning Daemons. And the explosives, the only hint was "The heretics put all sorts of traps" and stuff like that. That basically gave you room to ass-pull anything

I also love parts like these, where munroe is obviously wrong, to anyone who read my posts even once, but then again, it's not about right or wrong here, is it?

Also, from the beginning of both W40k rp, and the thing Omap did with the map of the world, I got the distinct impression that I was being carefully suspected, nay expected, to break canon, powergame, or otherwise fuck up.

And, finally, if any of that was no apparent during that discussion, or my earlier posts in the planet thread, here you go:

The demons that flooded through the portal were summoned on the other side, and sent through, they were used by the chaos forces as mainly a delaying mechanism to summon what was in the box, they were going to dissipate within a few minutes.

The explosives and most of the other arms used by chaos was made in a factory on the world in the eye of terror, as shown in another post.

The overall plan in this case, was to summon a portal instead of landing on the planet, which would point out to all the other resident power exactly where chaos was, the chaos forces were then to make use of their large amount of fast-moving drug-crazed (Like they're on crack, but really fucking scared, so they can actually somewhat follow directions) heretics, to set up defenses. Now, it was in the middle of the swamp to give time to set up these defenses, because it takes a really long time to first detect the portal, send troops at it, and then go through a massive swamp to get there.

After the other forces were lured to the portal, the chaos forces were then to kill as many of them as possible, the ritualistic heretics would then use the deaths of so many around them, to summon a greater demon, not a massive, dead for millennia one, just an average greater demon

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Greater_Daemon

Keeper of secrets

Anyways, the part that I saw to be closest to out of canon, was the ending, with the box, and drawing the life out of people dying near it, to power a greater demon summoning, but phry mentioned a lot of great ideas for summoning greater demons, and I figured summoning one would be a good way to start.

Last edited by B3SERK on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:28 pm

Quote :
I got the distinct impression that I was being carefully suspected, nay expected, to break canon, powergame, or otherwise fuck up.

less paranoia plox.

the moderation of players to follow the rules was really a helping hand - how did you interpret that so wrongly Neutral
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:30 pm

I am a very paranoid person, honestly

also, updated that second post with everything I planned to do.

Also, this being the third time that people have decided to all talk amongst each other, decide that I must change everything I do radically, and then not waver at all, no matter what I say, reinforces that

And that's why I want to leave olden, I'm not told any problems, when they are simply problems, I'm told them, by many people at once, who are threatening, instead of compromising, for any changes.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:41 pm

You're just using this thread to continue your argument. I don't think anyone in the community cares, besides those involved with the 40k RP. I strongly suggest you take a break from the forums for a while, before posting anything further.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:42 pm

Oh, I just wanted to lay it out for anyone who cares, also, leaving olden means I'm taking a break, for a while

until some day I probably crawl back begging forgiveness, and promise to make the worst, and least skill progressing character in all olden Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Fairly narrow minded and narcissistic.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 5:59 pm

me? Yea, thought you'd say that, and that was a narcissistic comment

you've all obviously talked to each other without my presence enough to convince each other that I'm an asshole

Last edited by B3SERK on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Quote :
you've all obviously talked to each other without my presence to convince each other that I'm an asshole

Quote :
I am a very paranoid person, honestly

WELL THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Yep, but I wasn't like that until you know, the three times I've been accused of being op and powergaming, so it's put me a bit on edge, and a bit fed up, frankly.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Alright Jessi Slaughter

To address the explosives, and your crack addicts first. Your workers would probably die due to a drug like crack very quickly. For crack increases heart rate, blood pressure, causes tremors/twitching, and you can only image what happens when you force them at gunpoint. Most likely your men would die from fucking heart attacks within the first 15 minutes of running out to plant a bomb. To even wire them to be detonated is dangerous for they'd be twitching and have tremors. You're asking for problems.

You're obviously a Napoleon when it comes to ground advantage tactics too. Planting explosive packs it reasonable but mines is just silly, it'd be hard as shit to relocate them to not lose men when you need them and planting them in a swamp is a whole other story. This was no doubt the Waterloo of Chaos on that planet anyhow.

Finally, Jesus Christ B3SERK...

I don't know if you thought those logs could help you, but they didn't. You had a reasonable argument going up until you got mad and all common sense, (which is a 40k rule) went out the damn window. If you're going to argue, do it calmly. Plus this could of been much better without being Jessi Slaughter at the end there with the

Quote :
B3SERK: Oh, yea, okay, FUCK YOU

Come back when you feel like not ruining other people's time here in a simple RP.

Cool, I'm leaving Carllock_feature

Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Krug

Krug

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Gambit wrote:
You're obviously a Napoleon when it comes to ground advantage tactics too. Planting explosive packs it reasonable but mines is just silly, it'd be hard as shit to relocate them to not lose men when you need them and planting them in a swamp is a whole other story. This was no doubt the Waterloo of Chaos on that planet anyhow.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:17 pm

I will say it to your face.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:27 pm

heretics aren't meant to live for long, if you'd seen the huge and probably unneeded explanation I gave, the mines had no need for relocating, I never said I was napoleon, I just said I don't use conventional chaos tactics Also, call me when you've been through as much of this as I have, because yes, I did really deteriorate at the end there, because I feel helpless here, because it seemed as though nothing would deter my accusers, yet again and there was nothing I could do, so I resorted, to the worst resort in the world, raging, because I, as with all people, have my limits.

Also, twitching and tremors only really happen when an addict doesn't have a drug, it's called withdrawal, and yes, crack does make you fast, but when crack addicts have it, they move quickly and more smoothly, it's rather remarkable, and I've seen crack addicts in real life, but then of course, there are exceptions to what I assume to be rules
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:41 pm

26 comma record breaker.

And no, crack causes twitches and tremors with extended use. And what you assume to be rules? Like what? The only rule that matters is don't be a fuck, which was broken very quickly.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:47 pm

rules, as in, an extended and thoroughly comma'd use of the "exception to the rule" expression, which was kind of a stretch there

also, you're raging now
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm going to end this before it gets any worse. I'm sorry to hear you're leaving B3serk, but perhaps it'd be nice if you were to calm down a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cool, I'm leaving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cool, I'm leaving   Cool, I'm leaving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool, I'm leaving
Page 1 of 1