Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Purging the Taint

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

Purging the Taint  Empty
PostSubject: Purging the Taint    Purging the Taint  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:49 am

Purging the Taint  Dark-forest

Quest Title: Purging the Taint
Quest Difficulty: Hard Medium

Character Slots:
- Crusader [If killed, mission is failed]

- Stonebearer: - - - (- - -)
- Brute Force : Thran (Col. Awesome)
- Distraction [Optional]: - - - (- - -)
- Magical Means [Optional]: - - - (- - -)

Outlook: My friends. I can be sure you are aware that the taint of Shar still lingers, even in a dwindling state, in our land, and across our forests. I speak specifically of the Shades, incorperal beings of Shar. To simply destroy them is not enough. They must be contained in the Lightstone, an artifact of my own, that traps and destroys them permanently.

I would suggest any band of adventurers who did take up my quest, to bring with them someone to bear the Lightstone, preferably someone agile, fast, someone who could engineer sufficient distractions, due to the dangerous nature of the woods of Surna, someone with the brute force capable of taking on a Shade, incase something should go wrong, and/or someone capable of magic, always useful in a tight spot.

So please, all who may assist me, take up my cause and help me diminish the threat of Shades as much as we possibly can. I can offer what gold I possess.

Objective: Guide and protect the Crusader, aswell as the Lightstone.

Conditions: Adventurers must overcome battle-focussed obstacles that will ideally require a mix of abilities. The Lightstone must not be broken, and the Crusader must not be killed. That's not to say either of those things can't happen, but there's no rewards in it if it does.

Threats: The Shades are the main part of this quest, and are specifically being hunted within it. However, other things lurk in the forest, and the forest itself, is also something to be feared.

[OOC] As opposed to my other quest, this is more of a battle-centered one. However, it concentrates more on the different ways of handling said battles, assuming we can get a mix of characters. I'd ask we allowed some of the medium-geared characters to get in on this, as opposed to any of the powerful-powerful characters.

Last edited by Phry on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Purging the Taint  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purging the Taint    Purging the Taint  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:32 pm

The Lightstone is actually a name I chose for the Sharic artifact that captures and traps light energy. It was mentioned during the Payback quest. I'd recommend changing the name to avoid confusion...

Before I sign any of my characters up, I must ask, is there a reward?
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Purging the Taint  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purging the Taint    Purging the Taint  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:29 pm

Actually, this is something I was previously aware of (for once). According to Pat, the Lightstone was shattered as the tower was destroyed. He said it was made of uh. Cordonnian? Cordic- Cor...Cor-something. Which is essentially Aeria's genericface fantasy 'soul stone'.

Therefore, it's not impossible that the Crusader could have acquired a shard of it, but yes, I would ask your permission for him to have it. Preferably involving a discussion over steam Mad

Also, you silly Mun you, it says in the outlook that the Crusader will divvy out what gold he possesses between the party. So, to leave it ambiguous, let's say, a fair bit. But it's not easy stuff. As with every medium-hard quest, it's possible the enitre party could get PK'd(severely unlikely), one character could get PK'd(again, not likely) or none could get PK'd.

To quote Gambit: "bragging rights".

Plus, the gold reward is nothing to sniff at. Could easily be used for subsequent gear upgrades. (Via application of course grr grr).

However, a final note, Xeloras raised a valid point. There's...atleast three quests currently going on, not including this one. I agree that's too many. This quest is on suspension unless there's actually the characters available for this, which I doubt.

So yeah, if there's any of you still interested, feel free to drop a post saying so, if not, this can be archived until a later date.

So far, assuming Munroe will sign up, there's 1/4 or 1/3.

Preferably two more are needed, if not three. Chances of survival go up, but total reward amount goes down slightly.

-Munroe
-blah
-blah
-blah

Again, anybody interested, posssst belowwwwwwwwwwwww.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Purging the Taint  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purging the Taint    Purging the Taint  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:46 pm

Quote :
To quote Gambit: "bragging rights".

Wait what
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Mack
THE GLORY
Mack

Purging the Taint  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purging the Taint    Purging the Taint  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:03 pm

Quote :
This quest is on suspension unless there's actually the characters available for this, which I doubt.

what.
"i am suspending this unless people sign up."

that DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF SUSPENDING IT.

i'm forcefully suspending this quest until further notice due to main plot-related reasons.
Back to top Go down
Phry

Phry

Character sheet
Name:

Purging the Taint  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purging the Taint    Purging the Taint  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:44 am

Oh, yeah, I know, i'm just saying IF there were enough spare characters that didn't want to be involved in any other quests, and there were enough.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Purging the Taint  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purging the Taint    Purging the Taint  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purging the Taint
Page 1 of 1