Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christopher, the University Student

Go down 
+3
Psycheandromida
Xeloras
Boatmurdered
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Boatmurdered

Boatmurdered

Christopher, the University Student Empty
PostSubject: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Theme-song:

Race: Human
Birthplace: Occitan
Skill: Herbalism - Anatomy - Scholarship

Biography:
Born in Occitan, Christopher (native: Christoph) and his family lived comfortably in the often maligned middle class. His father was a wealthy tradesmen but lacked any sort of noble title. He noticed a natural curiosity in his son early on and rather then signing him up for the military or planning to have him take over his business, he sent him across the border to a university in Talibar at the age of twelve to avoid conscription issues. While at university, Christopher studied history, herbalism, and the inner workings of the human body. The university town was a fun place, and he and his friends would often go out after hours and get rowdy after a few drinks. While not a trained fighter, he did have his fair scrape of bar and alley brawls.

Christopher has no magical powers. For example, he can create painkillers, but not healing potions. He can treat diseases, but only through natural methods, such as leeching or herbalism or the application of certain chemicals.

Graduating, Christopher donned the robe of a scholar, took up his simple walking staff and chose to wander the world rather then returning to home. Going around and aiding those he could with his herbalism, he finds himself drifting towards a mountain village...

Alignment: Neutral Good
Favored Enemy: None
Deities::
Primary: Ogmha
Secondary: Lathandar and Kelmvor
Tertiary: SIlvanus, Chauntea
Inventory:
-A simple but fine made brown linen robe
-A simple walking staff
-A travelers bedroll
-A satchel containing.
  • A book, Libri Runco quod Sero Rememdium Utor
  • A book, Somes quod Mens, Morbus
  • A weather beaten journal
  • A mortar and pestle

Picture
Spoiler:

Last edited by Boatmurdered on Mon May 09, 2011 1:27 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:07 pm

I don't see anything wrong with this and would gladly hand it my accept, any other opinions?
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:47 pm

This bio seems well-done for a new member's very first post, but we have no idea who you are. An introductory thread would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:13 am

My only complaints include: bland appearance and the slightly redundant repetition of "he does not have magic". I would expect a little more from an old-timer. Aside from that, easy approval as there's nothing special.

I believe you're the second one with herbalism skills in Olden, as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Omap

Omap

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:30 am

Looks good.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:30 am

Markka wrote:
My only complaints include: bland appearance and the slightly redundant repetition of "he does not have magic". I would expect a little more from an old-timer. Aside from that, easy approval as there's nothing special.

I believe you're the second one with herbalism skills in Olden, as far as I know.

I prefer skinning for the +cri- oh, wait. Wrong forums.

Though I like this app, it lacks the flambouyancy common to most apps.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:30 pm

Creating a character app isn't about making people go "Ooh, shiny!" and accept. There's no requirement for being flashy and fancy. That isn't even a valid complaint.
Back to top Go down
Boatmurdered

Boatmurdered

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:45 pm

I'm piss poor at forum formatting, so I tend to go minimalistic.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:42 am

Munroe wrote:
That isn't even a valid complaint.

It is as valid as any other complaint but just a lot more insignificant. I figure that utterly basic character sheets have a tendency to be less interesting than the ones with a good bit of work behind them. A matter of first impression too.

Again, it's not that significant of a complaint, but I can't help but to wish that the sheet was improved upon on a later date. Mainly I brought it up because there wasn't anything else I could provide criticism for, which could be considered a rather good thing.

Boatmurdered wrote:
I'm piss poor at forum formatting, so I tend to go minimalistic.

Forum formatting really is not hard at all. I suggest that you make "practice threads" for yourself, ones that you preview without posting to see the results of what some function actually does, and how it looks. If you're interested in trying, here's a few links that I consider very useful: List of Colors found on Wikipedia, Font family (HTML). You can also tweak any YouTube videos you might come across with relatively simple parameters. For the YT parameters to work, you'll need to add the parameter after the video's ID.

An example would be:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGDMJpCcT7Q&autoplay=1&loop=1&color1=0xffffff&color2=0xffffff

So, a parameter you want to add for autoplaying is &autoplay=1. Remember the &. Also, for the embedded videos to work on the forum, apparently you'll need to post the [youtube] [/youtube] tagged video on the forums first, so the forum will cast some kind of black magic on it and make it work as it should. After you've posted the video, you may edit it as you'd like.

I hope this was of any help, in case you decide to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Boatmurdered

Boatmurdered

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 10:47 pm

Edited the crap out of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:46 am

Approved regardless of the fancy colors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christopher, the University Student   Christopher, the University Student Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christopher, the University Student
Page 1 of 1