Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rilan Omoth

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jut Sultry

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:06 pm

(Note: this character is largely based off of the illusionist class from 1st edition AD&D, with some bio influences from the book Magician: Apprentice

Race: Human
Birthplace: Unremarkable hamlet
Skills:

Illusion: The study of the magical arts of sensory deception and manipulation. (Application explain further below)
Having just graduated from apprenticeship, his powers are still rather slight, but he has much potential. (3/10)

Herbalism (Mundane): Herbalism is the gathering and use of mundane herbs and plants
His teacher, an advocate for practicality, trained him in the art of herbalism, while far from a master, he is familiar with most local, common herbs (ginger, mint, aloe) and knows how to make basic useful or tasty concoctions from them. (tea, lotion) (4/10)

Alchemy (Magical): Alchemy is the gathering and use of magical herbs, plants, and other ingredients for potions and other creations.
His teacher knew that a good wizard is a well rounded wizard, so he taught Rilan the basics of Alchemy. He knows the foundations of the art, and a few basic recipes (weak wolfsbane animal repellent, minor healing potion). He enjoys the craft and is trying to train himself in it further. (2/10)

Conjuration: The study of the magical arts of summoning
Despite his teacher's warnings, Rilan has developed an interest in conjuration. While it is very limited, restricted to only what he gleaned from the few books on it he got from his teacher's library, he wishes to study it more one day. (1/10) Has no spells yet.

Biography:
"Boy! Where is my tea?!" Shouted the old teacher. A young man dressed in a green robe and carrying a tea pot hurriedly entered the room. "Here it is, sir." he replied, walking over to the old man and carefully pouring him a cup. The teacher, a man of advanced age, with a flowing white beard, carefully took the cup, scrutinized it, then took a sip. "You're getting better, Rilan." Said the teacher. The young man nodded, a small smile on his face. "Thank you sir. I know that skills like this are important, but I can't help but ask... Sir, when can we study more on illusion? It was you who said that I would make a great one one day, and you who said that you would teach me. yet, its been a while since we last studied." The old teacher sighed, then looked up at the young man, "I know, while there is so much more I could teach you, I fear that the time has finally come. I will teach you today, a survey of all that you have learned, and then tomorrow you may leave, your apprenticeship will have ended. Rilan's face filled with shock, but slowly looked down and nodded. That day he took his final lesson, and at the noon of the following he left, his belongings packed. He waved farewell to his old mentor and started his journey. Though his apprenticeship was over, he knew he still had much to learn, though of what exactly remains to be seen.

The old teacher smiled as he watched his student begin his journey. He sighed, the weight of his old bones finally showing itself, he feebly walked to his favorite chair, and sat. That night, the old man died, as he breathed his last, though, he felt fulfilled. He knew that, though his journey now ends, he has sent another one on their own journey, one that may one day eclipse his own.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Personality: Rilan isn't a particularly outgoing person, but he has a good heart and tries to help who he can. He has his flaws, however, but he tries to overcome them.
Inventory:
Iron Cutting Knife
Green Robe
Matches
Arcane miscellanea (spell casting and general magic odds and ends)
Herb pouch (ginger, mint, dried goodberries, dried lemon)
Small pouch with silver coins
Mortar and Pestle
Cantrip Tome
Basic Illusionist Tome
Favored Enemy: None
Favored Weapon: Illusion
Current Task:
Find a Goal - Current

Find a Home - Current

How Illusions (and this character's magic) work
Spoiler:
Picture:
Rilan Omoth Wizard_by_melodysydney
(Artist: http://melodysydney.deviantart.com/)

Last edited by Jut Sultry on Tue May 24, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:35 am

You're too good for us. Get out while you still can.

In contrast this is really well done, for someone's first forum post, but it's in the wrong section. I'm not really an admin, by the way.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:09 am

I'm impressed, it's very good for a first-timer. I would accept it, but there's just one or two lore things I'd like to clean up. Feel free to add me on steam so we can talk about it, I'm the only Xeloras on there.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:18 pm

I concour with the ones before me.
Back to top Go down
Jut Sultry

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 6:12 pm

edited, forgot to write about how the illusion magic works, it is now under the spoiler.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:18 am

Some paragraphs in the explanation would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Jut Sultry

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:09 pm

Small edit, added two items I forgot about, and tried to make the explanation a little easier on the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:50 pm

I like the character.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Jut Sultry

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:03 am

Shuld I do anything else before I can be accepted?
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 9:17 am

Just remember that he'd have to be a Sharite if he wants to use any shadow magic.
Back to top Go down
Jut Sultry

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Alright, if I must be a Sharite to use shadows, I'll take out that bit.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Xeloras

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 9:31 pm

It seems like I've forgotten to move this into the ordinary character section, my apologies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rilan Omoth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rilan Omoth   Rilan Omoth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rilan Omoth
Page 1 of 1