Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.

Go down 
+3
thorogoodd
Krug
ViralHatred
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Empty
PostSubject: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:28 pm

- Cut all the other stuff -

Server has been rehosted elsewhere. At least this one won't drop out on me.

50.31.65.73:27015

Admins please pm me your steam ids so I can add you to the roster since I lost the old datafile when they closed the server.

There may be some bugs, however until I get people on I can't find them.

Please note that the script is in ongoing development, however unlike some I'm not going to slap on an update and make you put up with it, if something breaks, goes wrong or you don't like the changes I will immediately revert. Prior to updates I will also back up character files.

Items are clones from my roleplay and are currently unorganised until I work out what you guys want doing. Do you want scripted items for events? Or just generic things one can procure and carry around (Bibles, spellbooks, yadda) for immersion?

The playermodels need tweaking to remove some unneeded ones.

The "Badguy" Flag is a placeholder, it was there because it was suggested for bad guys to have a seperate flag/chat colour. Whether that remains is to be forseen. The Admin flag is there for testing purposes only and will be removed at a date tba.

I will upload the revised AoC models once I have recompiled them since my script does not use the "NPC Animations" feature.

Last edited by ViralHatred on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Http://www.Radiation-Roleplay.com
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:24 am

Attention, due to unforseen circumstances I will have to default on my promise of a server being open.

The awfully nice Fluctis Hosting decided to tell me today that they would be dropping GMod support on the 14th. Coincidentally when I messaged them to complain about their lack of inclusion of Episode 2 models on the server.

Apparently I had to "Ask" for those.

So I did and was told that they would be cutting the gmod servers to remain "Financially Stable".

Now I'm just as pissed as you guys, I've gotten a full refund but I feel cheated because I promised you guys a server and now I'm unable to deliver. In the meantime I will look for another host and get a server up as soon as possible.

I've notified pat and ruta. I'd suggest you keep writing lore/biogs and I'll have the server up as soon as is humanly possible.

Sincerest apologies,

ViralHatred
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:16 am

Awww, dick move by the hosts... :\

Don't worry about it man, we all know it's not your fault- oh, and a tremendous thank you for this generosity, of course. :3

Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:59 am

Yeah what Krug said.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:27 am

Yeah what thoro said.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Yeah what munroe sai-

Wait.

Well I'll be spending most of tomorrow hunting for a new host for you guys since the script is pretty much ready to roll.

I must also extend my thanks to kain for his gratuitous donation of a copy of his script, I hope I can merge the culmination of multiple scripts into one really good script.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:37 am

so uh, here's a proposal.

I have a VPS, it's in France, I can host a 16 slot server on it, no problem. it won't cost me a penny or nothing and uptime is pretty much guaranteed. the catch is, if you're gonna use it, you have to use Tiramisu 2 since that's what I use it for, and I need suggestions and some word to mouth before I finally release it.

I'll just configure it to suit your needs, no crazy shit, and really, no bugs this time, you don't have to give me anything, my only demand is that you use tiramisu 2.

you know how to contact me if interested, if not, pay no attention to this.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
my only demand is that you use tiramisu 2.
Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwA62tTJ342lHWDgYVmjupFALN-izOResPa7KznZIISpwAuQmEmNZ2tgIGGQ

My server is up now, found a new host. Will be open tonight.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:30 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
Dama Oscura wrote:
my only demand is that you use tiramisu 2.
Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwA62tTJ342lHWDgYVmjupFALN-izOResPa7KznZIISpwAuQmEmNZ2tgIGGQ

My server is up now, found a new host. Will be open tonight.

Oh well, fuck you cunt, never liked you or your seemingly random hatred for Tiramisu. Offer stands down, and well, bye, ban me already cause I really can't stand this fucking place and I don't know why I keep coming back.

Change a little for crying out loud, it won't kill you further than how dead you already are Olden.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Dama is a nice person who deserves respect, why so much hate?
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:42 pm

I mean, I don't even know, I try to help you, I get laughed at, I don't try to help you, I get laughed at.

Fuck then I'm gonna force some change onto you, get rid of me.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
Oh well, fuck you cunt, never liked you or your seemingly random hatred for Tiramisu. Offer stands down, and well, bye, ban me already cause I really can't stand this fucking place and I don't know why I keep coming back.

Change a little for crying out loud, it won't kill you further than how dead you already are Olden.

Why not make a thread explaining why you keep coming back? Maybe then I'll explain why I dislike tira.

P.s. I'm not part of Olden, I'm simply doing them a favour with no strings attached.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Same reason why you keep coming back even though you clearly screwed Olden after leeching on it for a really long while.

Hell, I don't even want to do this on this forums, you wanna speak shit, take it to PMs or add me on Steam, I'm right here.

P.S. Neither am I, I want to provide them with something that don't cost me money and that Olden needs.
Back to top Go down
ViralHatred
Radiation Moderator
ViralHatred

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Dama Oscura wrote:
Same reason why you keep coming back even though you clearly screwed Olden after leeching on it for a really long while.

Hell, I don't even want to do this on this forums, you wanna speak shit, take it to PMs or add me on Steam, I'm right here.

P.S. Neither am I, I want to provide them with something that don't cost me money and that Olden needs.

What. We never leeched on olden.

Our community leader merged us, it was not our choice. We simply took the helm of Radiation, ran our own server before later splitting off when our communities had grown distant and ours collapsed.
Back to top Go down
Dama Oscura

Dama Oscura

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:55 pm

ViralHatred wrote:
What. We never leeched on olden.

Our community leader merged us, it was not our choice. We simply took the helm of Radiation, ran our own server before later splitting off when our communities had grown distant and ours collapsed.

You're just proving my point. Again, SF or PMs.
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Now stop it. We're grateful to both of you for your offers and actions, you're both brilliant individuals, and I don't see the need for you to be poking at one another over who can help Olden most. I really hate to lock the thread, but this is just going to turn into an argument between two good people if I keep it open.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.   Server 09/01/12 - Opening today. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server 09/01/12 - Opening today.
Page 1 of 1