Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kardilaz

Go down 
+5
Kain
Krug
Psycheandromida
Pat
Mikoel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikoel

Mikoel

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Nop, bad idea

Last edited by Mikoel on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:05 pm

And then there was Kardilaz again >_>

I don't know if you remember last time, but the last time you reapplied for this character I informed you of the difference between an Elemental and a Genesi.

If you don't remember, Elementals are immortal creatures, made of their element, with great power over their element but rudimentary, animal intelligence. Genesi are mortals (usually humans) born with a natural affinity for one or another element. They can control their element without prior training, but do need experience and teaching to grow in their skill, and are usually less immediately powerful than Genesi. They are otherwise normal humans, and have a lifespan of 100 years or so.

As far as he is portrayed now, Kardilaz is closer to an Elemental in appearance. Genesi don't have rock skin, and they can't live up to 400 years. The only way Kardilaz could have survived the 200 year skip is by being immortal in some way or form, and if he were an Elemental, he would be far dumber than he is right now.

Even if he was an Elemental, I don't think the city watch would feel comfortable with him tromping around within city limits. Furthermore, an elemental (especially a rock / earth one) makes for one hell of a tank. I don't think there's a character around at the moment who could beat Kardilaz short of one of the special characters.

I'm not sure which direction you want to go, but this will need to be modified to be lore accurate before we go any further. It might be best to start with a new character.

If you want to modify this one, could you split the backstory into paragraphs? Block of text hurts my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Pat wrote:
And then there was Kardilaz again >_>

I don't know if you remember last time, but the last time you reapplied for this character I informed you of the difference between an Elemental and a Genesi.

If you don't remember, Elementals are immortal creatures, made of their element, with great power over their element but rudimentary, animal intelligence. Genesi are mortals (usually humans) born with a natural affinity for one or another element. They can control their element without prior training, but do need experience and teaching to grow in their skill, and are usually less immediately powerful than Genesi. They are otherwise normal humans, and have a lifespan of 100 years or so.

As far as he is portrayed now, Kardilaz is closer to an Elemental in appearance. Genesi don't have rock skin, and they can't live up to 400 years. The only way Kardilaz could have survived the 200 year skip is by being immortal in some way or form, and if he were an Elemental, he would be far dumber than he is right now.

Even if he was an Elemental, I don't think the city watch would feel comfortable with him tromping around within city limits. Furthermore, an elemental (especially a rock / earth one) makes for one hell of a tank. I don't think there's a character around at the moment who could beat Kardilaz short of one of the special characters.

I'm not sure which direction you want to go, but this will need to be modified to be lore accurate before we go any further. It might be best to start with a new character.

If you want to modify this one, could you split the backstory into paragraphs? Block of text hurts my eyes.

Well from my original understanding of the race, they WERE rock and their hair if they had any were diamonds. The original Kard was not any similar to a human due to the fact he was alot taller back then and he looks the exact same here. I also tried my best for him not to actually seem like a tank. As for the age I guess I'm sorry in some way? I can try and work something out when it comes to that... Also I fixed the paragraph situation.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:56 am

At the risk of sounding close-minded, I am obliged to deny this outright for a few reasons.

The main issue is that this character received a overwhelmingly negative response regarding how it was roleplayed, and was to be condemned as a response. Alongside this, one of the reasons there was a 200 year jump was to get a fresh start on characters, since there were way too many characters out of control. Like Richard Crimson.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:58 am

Quote :
Large scale things such as, splitting open a large portion of the ground, tossing a large chunk of earth, ect. Can only be done once to twice a day, depending on how large of a scale it is.

TWICE a day? Jesus.

Also what Pat and Psyche said.

Also I don't trust how he was played before.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:02 am

man, just make a new character

it's not that hard
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:16 am

Suddenly, my format. My format everywhere.

Also, diamonds.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 3:41 am

I don't use your format! Anyway, I can live with old characters that lived long enough to make RARE, SPECIAL appearances, but the point of even going through with the jump was to start from scratch. No matter how you look at it, Kardilaz is a part of the past and if he's survived this long, he's going to be a cut above the rest. Like, a really big cut above the rest.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:51 am

Kain wrote:
I don't use your format! Anyway, I can live with old characters that lived long enough to make RARE, SPECIAL appearances, but the point of even going through with the jump was to start from scratch. No matter how you look at it, Kardilaz is a part of the past and if he's survived this long, he's going to be a cut above the rest. Like, a really big cut above the rest.

Assuming he wasn't a gargantuan, city-sized cut above the rest 200 years prior.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:27 pm

DENY
i didnt really like kard in the last gen because he was pretty much just a big op'd rock
in all technicality, you should just fucking toss him and at least attempt to make a new character like everyone else
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 7:31 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
DENY
i didnt really like kard in the last gen because he was pretty much just a big op'd rock
in all technicality, you should just fucking toss him and at least attempt to make a new character like everyone else

This is a very blunt statement, but I have to agree with it entirely, and throw in my deny, too.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Deny

Not because of anything I see particularly wrong with the app, but no one can really fight a rock, really, you'd be the ace in the hole for every fight.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Scrapping Kard, got a better idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kardilaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kardilaz   Kardilaz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kardilaz