Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maerd Silbern

Go down 
+3
Pat
Gambit
Achosi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Achosi

Achosi

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Maerd Silbern Maerdsilbern

Name:
Maerd Silbern

Sex
Male

Race
Human

Birthplace
Somewhere in Brython (assumed).

Skills & Attributes
(Numbers based on the average human of the same gender and equivalent age.)
1 - 3 below average
4 - 6 near average
7 -10 above average

Attributes
Spoiler:

Combat & General Magic

Spoiler:

Spells

Limitations
Maerd can only cast a limited amount of spells per day. In order to to replenish his magical energy, he must have several hours of sleep. If Maerd had used all of his magic for a day, it would take him 6-7 hours of sleep to regain all of his magical power (he regains magic at somewhere close to 15% per hour of sleep.)

0-Level Spells (Cantrips) [12 spells per rest]

Spoiler:

1st-Level Spells [8 spells per rest]

Spoiler:

2nd-Level Spells [4 spells per rest]

Spoiler:

Physical Description

Height
5'9" ft.

Build
Slender

Hair Color
Light Brown

Eye Color
Grey

Skin Color
Caucasian, pale

Inventory

Sturdy Staff
Hooded Red Robes
Plain Tunic & Trousers x2 (worn under robe)
Maerd's Spell Book (for transcription purposes)
Historical Tomes x4 ("light reading)
Charcoal and Parchment x10 (enough for 10 spell scrolls)
Explosive Runes x3

Biography:

Spoiler:

Alignment
Neutral Good

Deity
Mystra - Goddess of Magic

Current Tasks

Spoiler:

A note on scrolls. Any spell of the mage's repertoire may be transcribed on to a scroll. A scroll allows a spell to be cast instantly, without incantation. To be cast, the caster must be holding the scroll, and able to put magical energy into the casting. The same amount of magical power is needed to cast the spell as would be required normally. The transcription process is costly. Ink with magically conductive metal (commonly gold or silver) must be used in the transcription. Shaving gold coins for the dust is common practice. The process of transcription takes time, as well as magical energy enough to cast the spell. Essentially, the transcription of a scroll, is a pre-cast.

Spell source http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spellLists/sorcererWizardSpells.htm here. Talked/talking with Pat, balancing and making other spells canon. Also, things with a * next to them are things that may be changed, depending on upcoming lore. Changes will not significantly effect the character.

Last edited by Achosi on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:07 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : putting some finishing touches on.)
Back to top Go down
Achosi

Achosi

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Lord knows I could use some pointers.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:32 am

Your biography style is odd, never seen something like that before but you look like you could make for a good "journal entry" writer for your characters.

For items you can add an, "x1" or "x3" to show how many. Typically an adopted thing from games.

Waiting for Pat or Bega to comment and talk about magic?
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:50 am

I personally enjoyed the biography. I'm not sure why, but one thing I've discovered is that very difficult, long term starting goals work very well in giving direction to a character.

I find myself really liking the way you styled the character. His spells mean, as you said when I talked with you, that he'll need to work out strategies and prepare beforehand. His spells also place him mostly in a support roll, which is something I don't usually see among characters. His skills are tailored to clever thinking, which I really like. His rest system works far better that most other "when he gets tired" systems, given how cut and dry it is.

Looking at these spells, I think you should stick with that number and not add the others yet. The only one I would change is 'Resist Energy'. Change the possible resistances to fire, electricity, ice and perhaps pure, which would count towards resistances against curses. You might also add the circle of protection spell, but that's up to you.

I think I'd be ready to accept this, but I'd like a second opinion.

Edit: This is really more of a personal opinion, but I don't like the picture. Not that it isn't a good picture, but I just personally dislike it for this character. Your choice, it won't have any weight on my accept/deny.
Back to top Go down
Achosi

Achosi

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:08 am

Pat wrote:
I

Edit: This is really more of a personal opinion, but I don't like the picture. Not that it isn't a good picture, but I just personally dislike it for this character. Your choice, it won't have any weight on my accept/deny.

I agree. I looked around but couldn't seem to find a picture that suited him. Eventually I ended up choosing one I thought looked cool (mistake), and I'll keep the search on for a different one.

I'm going to break down right here. I don't know how to introduce this character. I did a few little things at the fair, but I didn't really feel like I was playing him. Any suggestions to that effect would be greatly appreciated.

Yet another plea for help. If there's a link to a particular style or you have suggestions for how to make his bio feel better, please link me / let me know.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 am

We have a group of monster hunters going, and I tend to take them out on regular hunts. You could appear in the middle of one if you'd like.

Also, Pat, his system is the DnD system, as you know.

So, this is me reinforcing the merits of the DnD system.

Reinforce.

>(

Last edited by Kain on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 am

I don't see what problems you have with his biography. As both Gambit and I (and Xeloras, who said as such to me) the Biography is better than most.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:16 am

All this DnD seriously hurts my head. .__.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:21 am

Kain wrote:
We have a group of monster hunters going, and I tend to take them out on regular hunts. You could appear in the middle of one if you'd like.

Reinforce.

>(

god damnit DnD is invading again
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:36 am

Pat wrote:
Kain wrote:

Reinforce.

>(

Maerd Silbern 14-3
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:40 am

Kain wrote:
Pat wrote:
Kain wrote:

Reinforce.

>(

Maerd Silbern 14-3

Maerd Silbern 4324210
Back to top Go down
Achosi

Achosi

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:44 am

Pat wrote:
I don't see what problems you have with his biography. As both Gambit and I (and Xeloras, who said as such to me) the Biography is better than most.

OK. I don't know why but I felt really unsure of this character as I finished the page for him. These are my self doubts showing, please ignore them from now on.

Pictured changed. Picture supplied by Pat. Also, I like the DnD rules, but I really don't want anything enforced that would alienate others.

I guess you could say I'm,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Achosi on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : combined my double-post)
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 1:57 am

pro choice is pink?

anyway, having dnd rules does not mean everyone has to follow dnd. It just helps you manage your character, balance it out, etc.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 am

Haha, monster hunters don't know a Veremoth.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:17 am

I'm giving this a rather confident Accept.

Last edited by Pat on Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:32 am

A "confidant" accept from me too.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:39 am

eye don no how 2 spel okai
Back to top Go down
Xeloras
Arrogant Prick of an Admin
Xeloras

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:06 am

I accept, move thread go.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:48 am

So since Spadge said I could hijack this character and adapt it to my own purposes, I'm going to do so now. Expect an app page soon.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:56 pm

wait what. WHAT

YOU'RE STEALING HIS CHARACTER?

oh, wait, pat is remaking zayl.

all makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maerd Silbern Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maerd Silbern   Maerd Silbern Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maerd Silbern
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum