Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We need a new forum

Go down 
+13
Rutabega
Jack
Markka
Psycheandromida
Reager
thorogoodd
Kain
Pat
B3SERK
Krug
Mikoel
PuPeT-KaI
Zaku
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

We need a new forum - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:52 am

Wiki sounds good. If it works out, we may be able to store enough info that we can move to new forums with minimal effort and info loss. However, until that time, I would prioritize the wiki over new forums.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:34 am

Zaku wrote:
If we are really refusing to get a new forum can we at least get a clean up?

Remove the tons and tons of threads we don't need, remove the countless pages of nonsense, get us a proper URL (that doesn't market the website as 'stuff') and if we go through with the wikipedia clear up some space in the IC board by either archiving or deleting the 'lore' (if we can even call it that) section.

This, a millon times this.

Otherwise, I suggest anyone who wants to make lore contributions to our fair experimental wiki, register an account on the wiki and create a page at will. I'll always be around if you want any help, otherwise you can always look at the way another thread was made by clicking Edit and looking at it in 'Source' view to see the various tags on things. :3

That's if you're interested of course. I think the Talibar lore would just be so much easier to read if you put it in a lovely page-rich wiki format.
Back to top Go down
TRUlyjuST

TRUlyjuST

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Golden Retriever

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:39 am

(Anyone else remember this? http://oldenrp.wikia.com/wiki/Olden_Roleplay_Wiki )
And yes, if done right, I support a wiki. Not sure how I feel about putting normal, everyday characters in it, but it would be great for all sorts of lore.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:46 am

In so far, character pages don't translate very well. We would just have to link the pages externally back to here.

Our char. pages, put simply, are just too nice looking and dependant on BBCode format to transfer over.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:20 am

As Kruggly said, I think what would be best is that we..

Leave a section for Character pages, continue with the system we have in place now. (This way we can still use the approval process and what-not, you can't really translate that system to a wiki) but do without the entire lore section, as once it's all transferred over the wikipedia will be so much easier to traverse.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:28 am

Yeah, let's do that.
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet
Name: Evangeline Melwasúl
Race: Half-Elf

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:48 pm

How about people just donate for a new forum so one can actually be afforded? Razz Otherwise we can only do a better theme which doesn't sound so bad.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Dragon wrote:
How about people just donate for a new forum so one can actually be afforded? Razz Otherwise we can only do a better theme which doesn't sound so bad.

the forum we are using is free
we arent going to go from free -> pay-to-use
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:09 pm

That's exactly what I'm saying. They're asking for a forum, but without donations we're best off sticking to this one, or using www.000webhost.com which isn't much better.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:29 pm

PuPeT-KaI wrote:
Dragon wrote:

the forum we are using is free
we arent going to go from free -> pay-to-use

Even though a payed forum is about 100x better then this crap, believe me.

Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 3:34 pm

That too. All you really need is a cheap webhost at least, then you can slap on an actual website along with any forum you want.
Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:59 pm

we already have viral, out of the good of his cold, dead heart, paying for our server
Back to top Go down
Dragon

Dragon

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:17 pm

I vote for a new forum theme if nothing else. This theme is terrible...
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Dragon wrote:
I vote for a new forum theme if nothing else. This theme is terrible...

This.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We need a new forum   We need a new forum - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We need a new forum
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3