Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trian Lo'tran

Go down 
+8
Zaku
Psycheandromida
Jack
Pat
Munroe
Cakebread
B3SERK
2power
12 posters
AuthorMessage
2power

2power

Character sheet
Name: Trian Lo'tran
Race: Human

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:07 pm

Trian Lo'tran Rsz_1thief3_01

Character Information
Race:Human
Birthplace:Born into a Kazuth family in the Free-State of Haria.
Skill: Skilled with Assassination and Guile, Thievery is a secondary skill
Guile:
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Assassination:
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Thiveery:
{ | | | | | | | | | | }

Biography:

Childhood:

During Trian's childhood he was abandoned to a Kazuth family for unknown reasons with only a parchment that read 'Trian,'. Normally the Kazuth people would cast mankind away; however the Lo'tran family held high respect for humans because one of their ancestors was saved by a Heroic human that gave his life for one of the Lo'tran's ancestors. However; the Lo'trans were still skeptical of raising a human of their own they accepted it for the most part and raised him as their own. During Trian's childhood he was beaten and ridiculed by most of the children and adults for the simple reason was they were Kazuth and he was human; Trian started to grow hatred towards the Kazuth people. At the age of seven he was forbidden to attend the schools with the other Kazuth children; Trian's step parents grew furious. Trian started to grow apart from his family; he joined a cliche group of adolescent troublemakers who taught Trian how to steal and cause trouble through guile. Once Trian reached the age of eighteen he was cast out of his family for stealing from the guard; the penalty was either death or to become an exile.

Reaching maturity:

Trian traveled to many different lands; one most worthy of notoriety is Sida. Trian joined a group of merchants heading towards Sida; his plan was to continue his mastery of thievery. Trian knew that most of the people in Sida has some form of wealth; weather it be gems or jewelry. Trian found himself in a poverty stricken area known as Desban, he focused on guards but only managed to steal a few coins until he attempted to steal from a man dressed in black. As he reached into his pocket he found a dagger close to his throat; the man spoke to him and offered him suggestions on how to perfect his skills. Trian had no choice but to agree; he was under the apprenticeship of the notorious Assassin Jinnah Al'curu. Trian was taken to an abandoned stronghold and was taught by Jinnah how to perfect his use of guile and how to use a Sida curved-blade. Many months of training Trian was sent to accomplish his first and only task assigned by Jinnah...assassinate the captain of the guards. Trian crept through the guards tents soundly; he was able to reach the captain of the guards tent and slipped poison into his mouth when he was fast asleep. To add insult to injury he set the guards tents ablaze and returns to Jinnah swiftly and without notice. His apprenticeship was over; Jinnah left him with only one statement. 'You've accomplished your training; I cannot teach you anymore than I know...remember that the dark paves a road to those that have the sense to follow it and use it to his advantage".

The Skills of the bow:

Trian soon after ventured the lands in search of a way to utilize his talents; he was soon greeted by a group of bandits that worshiped Cyric who forced him to join their ranks. He soon accumulated a small fortune masquerading the countryside of Estivon; an elven forest village. After plundering a small caravan he found a small bow that was finely chiseled and was ornate. Trian asked one of the bandits marksman to teach him the art of the bow; he learned a great deal and started to practice his skills with bows on living beings...mostly unsuspecting farmers and peasants. As he continued his career in banditry and converted to Cyric. His marksmanship grew better and better as he continued to attack unsuspecting people through the treeline...he almost forgot about checking the pockets of those he killed. Trian soon began to whisper prayers to Cyric after he took a life of another being, wheather it be minor or greater. Trian left the group to accomplish something that came to him in a dream; assassinate a follower of Tyr he left for Surna as soon as he could.

Killing the priest of Tyr
As Trian came into a one of the villages; he looked upon a group of people gathering around a robed man preaching words about justice; he knew this must be the man. After dark shrouded the skies Trian followed the priest that was accompanied by two well armored guards. After considering his options he felt that toying with the target would be more beneficial to Cyric than a quick death. Trian from the tree-line raised his elven bow and fired a precise shot; it hit the priests leg. Both guards drew their swords hovering around the wounded Tyr follower chanting prayers about justice. Trian continued to fire from the treeline moving to different locations each time. After an hour firing; the guards were dead...the priest still laying on the ground bleeding whimpering to Tyr. Trian approached the Priest with the curved blade in hand, he kneeled next to him and spoke in a deep and sinister voice, 'Cyric told me of your treacherous words...I've come to end it.' without another word Trian dug his blade deep into the skull of the Tyr priest.

Rewards for such a deeds(Will make an application for this later)
Trian did not expect a reward for this; many gods do not give out rewards. Trian, however was an exception. Several hooded men came to Trian's resting grounds one day and left a crystallized bottle filled with an almost gelatinous black substance and a note, 'Cyric knows'. Trian opened the bottle and drank it without question; he felt a surge of energy jut through his body. The darkness in the distance became as bright as day; he could see everything in the dark. the gift Cyric bestowed upon Trian was the ability to see through darkness.[/i]

Alignment: Neutral-Evil. Disregards any care for human life in his goal to become wealthy.

Favored Enemy: Anything that opposes him in his dirge for wealth and his lust for gold.
Favored Weapon:Skilled in Bows and with Sida daggers. Sida daggers are short curved blades; commonly used for assassination. Trian has a high mastery with elven bows, with daggers Trian has only the knowledge of Sida daggers which compliments his guile tactics. Sida daggers are not commonly found in Surna which almost makes this skills impractical.
Bows
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Sida Daggers
{ | | | | | | | | | | }
Deity:Worships Cyric. Before he takes another life he whispers a prayer to Cyric.
Current Task: Use his skill in guile to gain some form of wealth and recruit new followers to Cyric.
Equipment:
Curved Sidan Dagger/Ornate Elven LongBow. Kazuth Leather Armour/Sidan cloak

Last edited by 2power on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:41 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:16 pm

The skills are extremely high, and could use some description.
Back to top Go down
Cakebread

Cakebread

Character sheet
Name:

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:41 pm

B3SERK wrote:
The skills are extremely high, and could use some description.

Well he's 41 years old, he would have lots of experience and practice.
Though if they were one notch down i guess it would be kosher.
Back to top Go down
B3SERK

B3SERK

Character sheet
Name:

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Yes but the argument of "He's got loads of experience so it would make sense" doesn't usually help.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:30 pm

I don't think I've seen you RP before, 2power. What's your steam name?

Anyways, my problems with this character are his goals, and his skills.

His main ambition is gaining wealth, and his alignment suggests a complete disregard for human life. He is an assassin and a bandit, who worships Cyric. Now there's nothing stopping you from having an evil character, but chances are this guy's going to be coming up against other people's characters.

Which brings me to the next issue, his skills. He's at an experience level far above most characters at this point. We're trying to start everyone off at a low level to encourage character development, RP, and fairness. Trian here is likely to get into trouble with the authorities / other characters, but he's at an advantage to all of them. Plus, any in-server events will be geared towards lower-level characters which means Trian will get through them with ease, and that's no fun.

What I think you should do is take the skills down a notch (even if this means lowering his age), and apply for his dark vision at your leisure. If you need a guideline, just take a look at some of the accepted character threads. You also have a few formatting errors in the thread.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Just a few lore notes here.

While I suppose a being born to a kazuth family in a poverty stricken area could work elsewhere, I'd suggest he was born in the Free-State of Haria. (See the Occitanian Compendium, On Occitan for more info.)

Given the rarity of Elven Forest Villages, 'Eternia' (Event though I dislike that name) would probably be in Estivon/Nuihadas.

While Cyric still exists, his origin is much different than in the Forgotten Realms. That wouldn't exactly matter to the average Cyricist, though. I also find it doubtful that a bunch of bandits would be devoted Cyricists.
Back to top Go down
2power

2power

Character sheet

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:28 pm

I'll edit it; thank you for the lore advice.

Edited the stats, again thank you for the advice.

Also, nothing stops a group of bandits from worshiping a god.
Back to top Go down
Jack
President of the Gay Bar
Jack

Character sheet
Name:

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:50 pm

I see obvious effort put into this application, and it shouldn't go to waste. Although you're determined and dedicated to this character, you need to tone down the skills and start lower down. You build your skills up over the period of time that you roleplay. It helps to have a little humility too. Provided you tone down the skills, I'd toss this a community accept.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Green and red colours do not validate a character. Unless any real indication of this character's skills are given, I'm withholding an approval.
Back to top Go down
Zaku

Zaku

Character sheet
Name:

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Jack wrote:
I see obvious effort put into this application, and it shouldn't go to waste. Although you're determined and dedicated to this character, you need to tone down the skills and start lower down. You build your skills up over the period of time that you roleplay. It helps to have a little humility too. Provided you tone down the skills, I'd toss this a community accept.

+1

I for one am ok with people utilizing only skill bars, if I got accepted without having to describe my skill bars then anyone ought to be. It's only fair.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Jack wrote:

Accepted also, because it's not too hard to just put a character back into approval if they're abused- but I don't expect that.

What Zaku said.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:28 pm

Scale Reference:
0-2 skill points: Novice level
3-5 skill points: Apprentice level
6-8 skill points: Journeyman level
9 skill points: Expert level
10 skill points: Master

Hope that helps
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
2power

2power

Character sheet

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:00 pm

I'm willing to start at a low skill level; however I can't edit it because of the video in-place...so just assume that I'm going to start from a low point.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:35 am

2power wrote:
I'm willing to start at a low skill level; however I can't edit it because of the video in-place...so just assume that I'm going to start from a low point.

Bumped everything but Thievery and Bows down by 1 for you.
Back to top Go down
Mikoel

Mikoel

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:42 pm

I throw in my accept
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 am

Accept. I just read the story. I LOVE THIS.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:31 am

I'm going to accept this, as nobody seems to have any further criticism. Just remember the lost eye. And the broken arm until Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trian Lo'tran Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trian Lo'tran   Trian Lo'tran Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trian Lo'tran
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: Characters-
Jump to: