Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catherine Bennett

Go down 
+7
PuPeT-KaI
Krug
Munroe
Psycheandromida
Kain
Pat
Gorilaz
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Gorilaz

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:47 pm

Age 19.

Race: Human

Birthplace: Talibar

Skill:: Thievery

Biography: (Note:Im Not the best at grammar, spelling and Writing stories ill give it my best though.)
The rain slowly poured onto the little house as the sound of a small child crying..Along with a few screams of pain. The Child Ran down the stairs into the cellar…and hid under a blanket…listening to the screams upstairs. “You Son of a Bi- ‘The final words before silence …The boots of someone. Or something creaked on the stairs. Along with a large Booming voice “Were Are you little girl” The voice gave a slight chuckle. The girl Softly lifted the blanket seeing the man’s leather boots, along with a small short sword dripping with blood. She Began to become teary eyed again..but remained silent. The Voice growled ‘Damn She must of got away…” He began to creep up the stairs, sheathing the blade. The Girl Stood up, quickly moving up the stair. She reached the top as a large pair of leather gloves grabbed her from the side. She Wiggled and screamed the figure putting the glove over her mouth..The Fear Overwhelmed her she looked at the body of a man..with a slit throat she silently whispered “Daddy…” Before she fainted from the fear
The Child awoke in a Cage…The Bright sunlight above the same man driving the cart with a few more cages in back. “Awh Look the little one is awake” …She isn’t worth much coin I bet. The Girl Curled up in the ball closing her eyes. She Awoke To the cart stopping and a large crowd around her..A man from the crowd yelled “That’s all you got Teak?! A small girl! She isn’t worth nothing! A Man Teak Responded with anger “Back of The line! If you aint going to buy Get out of here! The man walked away, mumbling. A Larger man came up. Smirking “How much?” Teak responded “Bout’22 gold” The man tossed him a pouch. “There give me the key. The Man walked be hide the cart as teak scrambled back as well. He stuck the key in the lock turning The Girl looked up “Get out and follow this man. She stepped down, and followed the man softly..Sticking her tongue out at Teak. She followed the man as he stopped at yet another buggy, He Picked her up setting her on the seat. He climbed up setting beside her. He picked up the reins “YAW!” He slapped the reins, the horses moving. He looked over “So what do they called you? She looked at him, speaking softly “Catherine..” He smirked “Pretty name well I’m Owen. The Two remained silent, until he buggy stopped at a Hut. He helped her down, as they walked inside. She Sat softly in a chair as Owen walked in and pulled a chair up. “Teak Is different..Sleazy If you ask me.’ Catherine Spoke softly…’Why did you buy me…I mean..I can’t work or do anything.” Owen chuckled softly. “I need you because you can help ‘Us’ Gain more coin..Maybe even a little fame. Owen Smiled. Catherine looked at him. “Really? I can’t do much..Only slip fruit into a bag.” Owen laughed. “I can teach you much more.’ Owen turned looking out the nearby window. Catherine softly stood up, walking over to Owen. She pushed her hand into his pocket, grabbing the small pouch walking back to her seat and sitting down. Owen tapped his pocket, smirking ‘Very Good, I thought you said you could only slip fruit?” Catherine smiled “Well..i lied. “You not to good at pick pocking felt your hand as soon as it touched the pouch “. “When you attempt to pickpocket..Keep your hand away from the sides of the persons pockets..Softly pull the bag out…if you a crowd quickly pull it. “Now Lets Try, Give me the pouch. She tosses him the pouch. Owen catches it putting it back in his pocket. “Go Try again.” Catherine stood up, creeping over to Owen. She softly sticks her hand in his pocket. She keeps her hand away the sides, grabbing the pouch and softly pulling it out. Owen turns “Very good’ The Two Repeat it over and over. Catherine Learned the skill very well after a time..
-One Year later- Owen Softly Crouched in the bushes looking over to the 11 year old Catherine. “Alright, A noble Is coming through here..Ill distract him..Slip his gold pouches off of him. She Nodded as the sound of boots are heard down the cobblestone path. Owen moved out of the bushes, standing by the road, He speaked up yelling “Hey! You got a time to spare I need some help loading something!. The Noble Stopped, looking at him as Catherine softly moved up be hide him..The Noble spoke “Vis vhat? I don’t have zhe time to spare, I vust getting moving,” “Just A Barrel…it fell of my Wagon here. Catherine came up be hide her, sticking her hand into his large pouch, feeling the 3 gold bags. She grabs them softly pulling them out. She quickly turned, scrambling back into the bushes. She waited quietly as the noble walked over to Owen “Fine Let’s Get zhis over with quickly I need to hit zhe road!” The two lifted the barrel on top of the wagon as the noble walked off. Owen Whistled, Catherine Appearing out of the bushes “Well We got him” Owen Chuckled. The two Climbed up onto the wagon, driving off.
The Two Went on for a few more years...until Owen was caught in killed when she was 18.Catherine Went on city from city. Keeping away from the people who killed Owen. She Is now 19..and still stealing
(Ending it here, I cant think of anything else :p)

Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Favored Enemy: (OPTIONAL) Skin Walkers

Favored Weapon: (OPTIONAL) Small Daggers

Deity: (OPTIONAL) Falk

Current Task: (OPTIONAL) Survive
Avenge her family

Last edited by Gorilaz on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:38 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated (I try i best))
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Quote :
Deity: (OPTIONAL) Ossus of Blight and Blood

O____O

I'm not sure what exactly would happen if this character worshiped Ossus. The only thing in my head for Ossus-worshipers are crazy scary blight casters battling the Vindicators. Are you familiar with who Ossus is? If you're serious about it, I think we should wait until Psyche gets in here.

Beyond that, I'd like to see a little more information. This profile seems rather sparse.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Lol!

My day is made.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Kain wrote:
Lol!

My day is made.

what why
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:13 pm

Pat wrote:
Quote :

O____O

I'm not sure what exactly would happen if this character worshiped Ossus. The only thing in my head for Ossus-worshipers are crazy scary blight casters battling the Vindicators. Are you familiar with who Ossus is? If you're serious about it, I think we should wait until Psyche gets in here.

Beyond that, I'd like to see a little more information. This profile seems rather sparse.

It is entirely reasonable to worship Ossus, if people can worship other evil dieties. It's just the blight-casters that fight Vindicators.
Back to top Go down
Gorilaz

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Pat wrote:
Quote :

O____O

Ive Updated it much more...i stopped at the end because i ran out of things to write.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:18 pm

I recommend you divide that bio into paragraphs, right now it's pretty hard to read. I'm a bit bummed you changed the deity from Ossus to Falk, but it's entirely your choice.

Aside from that, seems like a basic, straightforward character. I'll hold my acceptance until this gets a little spruced up.
Back to top Go down
Gorilaz

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Munroe wrote:
I recommend you divide that bio into paragraphs, right now it's pretty hard to read. I'm a bit bummed you changed the deity from Ossus to Falk, but it's entirely your choice.

Aside from that, seems like a basic, straightforward character. I'll hold my acceptance until this gets a little spruced up.
Well i'll Do that right away. And if you bummed that i changed my deity to Falk..i might just change it back so im in a debate between them right now.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:06 pm

Well, note that Falk is one of the Saints of Occitan, not a normal deity. Unless your character's had some contact with Occitanian culture (Which she might very well, mind)
Back to top Go down
Gorilaz

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:38 pm

Hmpf ill take that in mind
Back to top Go down
Gorilaz

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:54 pm

There,ive went back and fixed the grammar as best as i could.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:02 pm

I don't believe you.

Edit: Jokes aside, I think if you follow a few simple rules, you'll be fine: Space properly, divide up your paragraphs clearly, capitalize properly (first letter of a sentence and whenever you use a name, or refer to yourself, aka, I, I've, blah blah. That means there are a lot of things you SHOULDN'T capitalize), and run your work through a spell checker just to be sure. Do all that and you'll be fine.

In any case, this IS better than when you started.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Are you sure about having Falk as a deity / saint, by the way?

Considering that she was bought and trained to be a thief, perhaps you'd like to consider the other deities or the other Occitanian Saints, but really she'd have to come into contact with Occitanian culture enough to embrace their idols.

I do however see the element of vengeance and revenge that Falk was canonized for- but, still, the point about coming into contact with the right culture remains.

Back to top Go down
PuPeT-KaI

Character sheet
Name:

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Spoiler:

i made your thing easier to read. tips? you used softly wayyyyy too much, and you sometimes strayed from past / present tense, which i just kind of not bothered to try with.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:02 pm

I understand everything but please fix up this biography, I'd then gladly accept.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:02 pm

I don't feel like this isn't worth accepting, but the bio is REALLY messy. If you could clean it up I would offer my acceptance more willingly.
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:08 pm

I will admit the bio could use some tweaks, though I'm hardly one to speak. I'd also like to point out a bio isn't really crucial to an accept, providing it makes sense. That being said, I'd quite like to see maybe a bit of info on her gear and anything else that might be relevant.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:12 pm

Likewise, info on gear + items is something I'd like to see expanded upon.
If you're even here anymore :V
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:56 am

Just going to mention here how Cathy's tried to kill someone and went to jail while the character hasn't been formally accepted yet. Oh, and bump.
Back to top Go down
thorogoodd

thorogoodd

Character sheet
Name:

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:07 am

Markka wrote:
Just going to mention here how Cathy's tried to kill someone and went to jail while the character hasn't been formally accepted yet. Oh, and bump.

She may as well be accepted on that note, given how far she's gotten and not been complained at.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:02 pm

If people have no criticism, I may aswell throw it to the pile of accepted characters.
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:21 am

Deuxpost. Moved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catherine Bennett  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catherine Bennett    Catherine Bennett  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catherine Bennett
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: Characters-
Jump to: