Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malrine Rolock

Go down 
+2
Markka
Gunnerstrip7
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gunnerstrip7

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Themesong: (N/A, can't post with new member restrictions.)

Race: Human/Mankind
Birthplace: Unnamed town in Aeria
Skill:

Intelligence
(------l---)(8/10)
(He is heavily knowledgeable in general information such as History, and Mathematics. The term 'General Knowledge' is his weakness, not being known for delving to far into everything, he isn't a genius, he's just knowledgeable.)

Stealth
(----l-----)(5/10)
(The fact that he doesn't carry much of anything on him makes him good at sneaking around, while not something he practices often, he uses it as a means of escape. This means he can't use it to do much but that, which rules out anything like breaking into a house or building or otherwise.)

Knowledge of the Arcane Arts
(-l--------) (2/10)
(His knowledge of magic, which is barely anything. He wants to expand his knowledge but he is limited to what he can study because of his very low knowledge of it. Yes this IS magical knowledge, but it is general knowledge, not how to use it, but merely what it is and where it came from. Basically, it's the history of Magic.)

Biography:

Childhood

Malrine grew up in a rather quite and quaint town in Aeria, everyone knew eachother, and everyone had their own little peace of heaven. Malrine and his parent's heaven happened to be the library and their own studies. Malrine found himself making friends with books and those who gave him knowledge(his teachers, and parents,) rather then his peers. This was during his childhood, when we was(regretfully) chained to his home town, unable to leave for the unknown lands. His own interests weren't well known, and lead to many getting curious, and snooping around him. These people were those he used to consider friends.

Maturity

Malrine eventually found out about these people and left his home town to travel. This was at the age of 23, when he was no longer dependent on anyone. He started wandering, looking through different towns from people to learn from, be it historians, or mages, he wanted to learn. He wandered to the reaches of what he believed was safe land, but it became clear after running into trouble with Goblins and other hostile enemies, that he needed a peaceful place to stay. He eventually came across a Mountain Village, he believed to be very safe, and this is where he now resides.(I'm confused to hell on what its name is ICly, if someone would tell me I'll update it.)

Alignment: Neutral Good
Favored Enemy: Those that are too nosy for their own good.
Favored Weapon: N/A(He doesn't fight if he can help it there for has no favored weapon.)
Deity: Mystra.
Current Task:
Get a basic understanding of what magic is and how it works- In progress.
Get a steady income of coin- In Progress.
Find a place to study in peace- Optionally In Progress.

Picture:
Malrine Rolock  Xenograg-bust-by-isaura-simon-2006

((NOTE: He is NOT able to perform any magic, he is merely interested in the art of magic for now, if there are any questions about it ask me, otherwise I'll apply for any and all abilities he receives.)

Last edited by Gunnerstrip7 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:14 pm

I believe we are in a city called Surna. Besides that, he seems to have an astoundingly high knowledge of magic without actually being able to do anything, and then you list "Get a basic understanding of what magic is and how it works" as one of his tasks. This isn't really explained in any shape or form and is also a very contradictory statement. On that note, the backstory is also quite bare bones.
Back to top Go down
Gunnerstrip7

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:06 pm

His high knowledge is not of magic, its of general things(history, mathematics, etc.) his magic studies is actually very bare. The story I know is not my best work, and its something I plan on revising when I have my time freed up.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Scale Reference:
0-2 skill points: Novice level
3-5 skill points: Apprentice level
6-8 skill points: Journeyman level
9 skill points: Expert level
10 skill points: Master

Here's a scale you can use for skill bars. But be specific on what he is knowledgeable on and what limitations there are. Once you do you can have an accept, nothing wrong here.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:10 pm

"Arcane Arts" seems to heavily imply magical knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Gunnerstrip7

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:54 pm

Right...I'm working on fixing it right now, I'll edit this post once I'm finished with the first one. EDIT: Alright I've added the information of what I mean by his skills and what restrictions they are. This should shed some light on what I've been trying to say and also shed light about his skills in general, hope its to your liking guys.

Last edited by Gunnerstrip7 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra information.)
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:38 pm

Well, having read through this seems like a perfectly reasonable chap seeking to learn about magic and possessing a lot of general knowledge.

Honestly, I'd throw this an accept right now. Sure it's basic, but it works. :3
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:35 am

Seems good to me.
Back to top Go down
Gambit

Gambit

Character sheet
Name:

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:48 am

Markka wrote:
Seems good to me.
Back to top Go down
https://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm161/v4v_bucket2/12325130553
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 pm

I'd like to point out that 6'4'' is a really uncommon size for a person. Olden is once again falling into the trap that it once did a long time ago (and so did Dark Espadon and many more communities that bit the dust) where several people make tall characters for several different reasons.

Some people think the majority of people are tall in fantasy (when in reality most people in most medieval fantasies are shorter than people in real life), some people just want their character to stand out more or think it's a unique character trait, and many people think it's a clever way to get away with making stronger characters.

What actually happens, (In the week-or-so Olden has been up, I've already spotted 6'7" mercenary, a 7-foot proud-loud-annoying-warrior-guy and caught myself making a 6'2'' character,) is that there are so many tall characters that being tall is just an annoying trait some characters have that makes it harder for me (and I can only assume other people) to discern one tall person from another.

This is a very frustrating thing to criticize, because when it is, people often misconstrue it as singling out one character, being anal-retentive, looking for an argument or just hating unique characters. It's quite the opposite, actually.

I apologize if you feel this is just my cynicism taking over me.
Back to top Go down
Gunnerstrip7

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:43 pm

To be honest your pointing out one of the little details I honestly don't care about, I could be a midget or a giant, my character is the same eitheir way. Thats the way I look at it atleast, I'm not gonna turn into some angry dwarf and rage about someone being picky as hell about something like height, but its easily changed, I just wander why it wasn't mentioned before(or why this hasn't been looked at for about three or four days.) EDIT: Come to think of it I can't even remember where I mentioned height at all.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:46 pm

The issue (both about characters being way too tall and characters rotting in approval section) is that people just disregard it as something not worth mentioning or doing anything about.

Just bother Pat until he moves your character out of approval, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Pat
Loremaster
Pat

Character sheet
Name:

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:

Just bother Pat until he moves your character out of approval, I suppose.

:L

After looking this over, it's really just a simple character. I just wanted to mention a few things.

I notice that most characters (even my own character at one time, Zayl) who use or plan to use magic choose to put down their deity as 'Mystra'. While this seemed okay to me before, it occurs to me that they should only put down 'Mystra' (or any god, for that matter) if they're actually seeking to actively worship or follow their dogma. (Even if they don't really adhere to it, because of lack of faith). Most mages are actually secular, and may consort with deities or servants of deities without actually following them. The followers of Mystra (even only in name) would be called to serve certain ideals and, if their faith is strong enough, be driven to conduct certain rituals. It's up to you to decide which you'd like, but it won't interfere with my accept/deny.

Second, just make sure to change the city name to 'Surna'.

Regardless, Accepted, and moving.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Malrine Rolock  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malrine Rolock    Malrine Rolock  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malrine Rolock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: Characters-
Jump to: