Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Olden Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Monsters Disappearing

Go down 
+3
Reager
Munroe
Kain
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kain

Kain

Character sheet
Name: Kain Redwell
Race: Human (?)

Monsters Disappearing Empty
PostSubject: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Quote :
Monsters Disappearing
Date: Wednesday, January 18th
Author: Warren Faust

Patrols around Surna's borders have been so focused on dealing with the threat of goblin attacks, they are just now noticing that the constant threat of dark and monstrous creatures is in the decline. Reports of death and property damage from creatures have gone down. The Watch is baffled by the sudden change, but welcomes it warmly. Now and then, a patrol will stumble upon the carcasses of the creatures that oft terrorize the town, travelers, and traveling caravans. Among them, they all possess similar qualities: Partially severed limbs, deep punctures in their back or sides, and burnt to ash and char.

Locals believe a rising group of monster hunters may be responsible for the change. "One of them's huge!" said one Alvis Dorun, a lumberer who works in the forests of Surna. "Had an axe that was as big as himself. Then, there was this scrawny fella with a gun. He didn't look like much, but he had a pair'a mean eyes. Then, the girl... she was small, kind'a out of place. I saw them go and they was out all day and night. Next mornin', I see them comin' back. They all looked all beat up, but the big guy is just... luggin' this huge, charred.. green thing.. at least it looked green. Just draggin' it across the ground, just like that! The scrawny guy says it was a troll... Me, I's never seen a troll in my life. But it was so big..."

If this group of hunters is truly to thank for the decrease in monstrous creatures, then perhaps the roads will be safe for travel, and Surna will see more visitors, and perhaps traders, from the other regions of Sanctimonia. As for the Watch, one Constable said "Whatever keeps the trouble away is fine with me. Hunters aren't a reliable bunch. They come and go as they please. But the Watch could use a temporary reprieve. Now, we can focus on dealing with the goblin menace." When asked if the Watch might consider rewarding the trio of hunters, the man quickly declined. "It's possible they've done us a small service, but we don't want to encourage that kind of behavior. The Watch exists to handle these matters. If these hunters truly wished to assist in defending the town, they should join the Watch. It's as simple as that."

OOC: Also, no monster hunts for a short time. Not today, and possibly not tomorrow either. I will also be gone for the majority of the day. Apologies, but it's very demanding and we've been hunting like mad, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:59 pm

OOC: I agree, I feel like we've been doing too much combat, and I'm sure some people are fed up with the DnD'ing going on. In the future, we need to space these hunts out more.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:29 pm

OOC: Once a day was fine. Having multiple hunts a day is where it started going bad, I think.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:42 pm

OOC: Too, too much DnD.
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:25 pm

Reager wrote:
Monsters Disappearing 1323807557446

OOC: Deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:27 am

OOC: I was starting to worry a little about how much you could acquire in a short space of time. :V
Back to top Go down
Markka
Markka

Character sheet
Name: Mirage Silverspine
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 am

Krug wrote:
OOC: I was starting to worry a little about how much you could acquire in a short space of time. :V

OOC: My thoughts aswell. And looking at their money purses and other things... These guys are streaming far ahead of anyone else. :c
Back to top Go down
Rutabega
Rutabega

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:08 am

Markka wrote:
Krug wrote:

OOC: My thoughts aswell. And looking at their money purses and other things... These guys are streaming far ahead of anyone else. :c

OOC: About that, we've been toying with the idea of setting up a value system based on (as much as I -really- hate to say it) DnD where 1 shilling is the equivalent to 3 silver pieces. I really do hate to rip stuff like that from anywhere but coming up with our own custom value levels for every single item ever is nigh impossible, which is one thing Olden has always been really terrible at (how much everything costs).

Also note that all quests such as this done in the future will need to have their rewards run by any admins that happen to be around to get a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Kain

Kain

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:59 pm

OOC: To be fair, the monster hunters were also the most active "questing" group. It's not like we sat around doing tavern RP all day.
Back to top Go down
Reager

Reager

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Psycheandromida wrote:
Monsters Disappearing Batman6hu9nh8ps

OOC: Now that were done posting stupid pictures of each other, DnD isn't for RP and sucks balls when used in it lol
Back to top Go down
Krug

Krug

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Reager wrote:
DnD isn't for RP and sucks balls when used in it lol

OOC: /thread
Back to top Go down
Psycheandromida
He Who Wears Sunglasses at Night
Psycheandromida

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Reager wrote:

OOC: Now that were done posting stupid pictures of each other, DnD isn't for RP and sucks balls when used in it lol

And yet people whine when I'm half this anal and closeminded.
Back to top Go down
Munroe
DEAR GOD DON'T LOOK IN HIS EYES
Munroe

Character sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:56 pm

This is a news thread, not a thread to argue and criticize each other's methods of combat RP. No one's being forced into either method, so there's no reason to complain in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monsters Disappearing   Monsters Disappearing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monsters Disappearing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Olden Roleplay :: Aeria Section :: News and Events-
Jump to: